FlorenceD

Books on ASD suggestions please.

I was wondering what books anybody has found useful and can relate to in regards to ASD? I have read a book by Tony Attwood which was good but I would like to gain more info on the condition and other related issues that go with it especially from a female point of view.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Chris Slater-Walker, Gisela Slater-Walker; An Asperger Marriage; ISBN: 1843100177;

Ashley Stanford; Asperger Syndrome and Long Term Relationships; ISBN: 1843107341;

Luke Jackson; Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome: A User Guide to Adolescence; ISBN: 1843100983;

Jean Kearns Miller; Women from Another Planet?: Our Lives in the Universe of Autism; ISBN: 1410734315;

Karen E. Rodman; Asperger's Syndrome and Adults... Is Anyone Listening? Essays and Poems by Partners, Parents and Family Members...; ISBN: 1843107511;

Eileen Riley-Hall; Parenting Girls on the Autism Spectrum: Overcoming the Challenges and Celebrating the Gifts; ISBN: 1849058938;

Rudy Simone; Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome; ISBN: 1849058261;

Jennifer McIlwee Myers; How to Teach Life Skills to Kids with Autism or Asperger's; ISBN: 1935274139;

Charlotte Moore; George & Sam: Two Boys, One Family, and Autism; ISBN: 0312374240;

Paul Collins; Not Even Wrong: A Father's Journey Into the Lost History of Autism; ISBN: 1582344787;

Dawn Prince-Hughes; Songs of the Gorilla Nation: My Journey Through Autism; ISBN: 1400082153;

Deborah Lynn Jacobs; The Same Difference; ISBN: 0880924659;

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Attwood - Latest version has new section on DSM5

Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome by Philip Wylie
Asperger Syndrome and Anxiety: A Guide to Successful Stress Management by Nick Dubin
Been There. Done That. Try This!: An Aspie's Guide to Life on Earth edited by Tony Attwood (half way through reading this one)
I'm finding them all useful at the moment

Autism Equality in the Workplace: Removing barriers and challenging discrimination by Janine Booth. I was one of the people interviewed for this book, anonymised as "Lauren, civil servant".

23 hours ago, Aeolienne said:

Autism Equality in the Workplace: Removing barriers and challenging discrimination by Janine Booth. I was one of the people interviewed for this book, anonymised as "Lauren, civil servant".

I recently bought and read that book.  It gets good ratings:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28000268-autism-equality-in-the-workplace

I'm currently reading An Aspie Girl's Guide to Being Safe with Men: The unwritten safety rules no-one is telling you by Debi Brown.