Paula

Adult diagnosis for son

Finaly after been on a waiting list for almost 3 years we had the first appointment with clinical physiologist yesterday. Went well finaly were going to get the diagnosis for my 21 year old son.

That's great news hope you get post diagnostic support as well.

Don't need post diagnostic support we've always known our son is on the spectrum but we've never pushed for a diagnosis but as hes getting older I'm fed up and so he of not having the label.Next appointment on the first september to continue ploughing through the questionnaire.

Don't need post diagnostic support we've always known our son is on the spectrum but we've never pushed for a diagnosis but as hes getting older I'm fed up and so he of not having the label.Next appointment on the first september to continue ploughing through the questionnaire.

hope it all goes well. I have part 2 of my diagnosis on the 2nd

good luck to us all

I avoided the 'label' thing for a long time, but now I have come to understand that I can get the help I need with, dare I say it, the label

nobody wants an ASD stamped on their paperwork, but in a way it will be a relief to have a name for it so I can know for sure im looking for help in the right places

I want to go back to college with peoper help so I can demonstrate my potential and make a career doing one of my special interests, fixing things. I am now seeking diagnosis to get assistance giving college a proper go, maybe your aspie will go to FE college or even uni like I did. hopefully with diagnosis he will get help to do this too, and do it right like I didnt

Finally completed the questions yesterday she says he's very autistic and once we get the label she's going to help us look into getting some support re a social worker occupational therapy for him social funding and like I said to her me and his dad are just getting older we need to be within the next ten years looking into supported living for him it sounds morbid but no one lives forever and I want to see him happy and settled before I check on out, is it awfull to not want to spend ones whole life caring for someone I feel bad but like she said it's better to plan these things take time implementing them rather than waite for a crisis situation.

Edited by Paula