Sign in to follow this  
MiddleEarthNet

Would fidget toys help me fall asleep?

Every single night, I have trouble falling asleep and getting up. I was reading online and came across a description of ADHD and it fits me perfectly so independent of getting a diagnosis of that or not, I want to try and help myself anyway. I'm going to try a different sort of alarm in the mornings but that won't help if I still can't get to sleep.

Anyway, fidget toys help me concentrate during the day and help me calm down but at night I am just lying there and my mind doesn't stop. I already sleep with soft toys but because of OCD, I don't like the fur messed up on them so I only stroke them and if I turn over (which is a definite), then I can't reach them.

Would using a fidget toy in my hand help me fall asleep? If so, what sort would work best? I'm guessing not the sort I would use during the day. It also needs to be suitable that it won't break anything should I launch it during a restless night.

I was told to try a white noise app which just plays white noise, supposed to be good for calming the mind. They are free so its worth a go downloading one. Else a mindfulness recording might help.

I actually have a kids/babies toy that projects different patterns onto the ceiling so I watch it for hours when I cant sleep, keeps me calm