Paula

Proud mum

Realy proud of my son hes just won volunteer of the year award.Its great that his hard work and dedication has been reconised.I went to hug him but hey you know the score it was a no no,couldnt stop me haveing a few tears though.Hes come a long way from that young boy i posted about many years ago. :groupwave:

Thanks hes done realy well,its a project funded by the lottery fund for disabled be it learning or physical young adults to take part and participate in all types of sport.My son volunteers to help with the project 2 a week and its realy given him a boost in confidence its great.

Hes come such a long way just shows everyone can find a niche and success.

:curlers: I cant realy take any credit its all down to him i found the project but that was as far as my involvement went,well i did prompt him to put on deodarant but thats all.....

Hi Paula, I'm new to the site and found your posts which cheered me up. As a mother of a 22 year old lad sounding very similar to yours I just wanted to add my congratulations to you for sticking at it and supporting him through thick and thin, especially with the deodorant. **Smiles**