kay74

Menstruation

Hi, Im after help and advice please, I have twin girls who are 12 and recently started their periods, within 2 weeks of each other. They are both on the more severe end of the spectrum, and one has very little speech and functions at about age 5/6.

I thought we were handling the periods really well, much better than I expected but this time round she has started pooing herself instead of going to the toilet. I'm guessing it is maybe because she is wearing a pad she thinks it's a nappy (although she stopped wearing them about 5 years ago). has anyone else heard of this problem?

Also, has anyone with girls on the spectrum decided to go ahead and put them on the mini pill? I have read about it as an option if they are not coping, but my gp is not interested in helping, there is no school nurse (budget cuts) and I really don't know where to turn.

Thankyou in advance

**Moderator note have moved this topic to the 'beyond adolescence' section** trekster

Edited by trekster

I would try and find a more understanding GP. Another option is hormone blockers to prevent puberty. Or the depot injection. Hope you find some help soon, make a complaint to your GP practice if they continue to be unhelpful.