gigaday

Going out to a smallish meeting

I don't get out much as there is little need to but the other night I made an effort and went to a political meeting where there were about a dozen other people; one of whom I know from a social singing group.

I really do not like this sort or any other sort of gathering but I force myself because I isolate so much. I don't usually find it too hard to turn up and only occasionally get very anxious (perhaps having to leave, usually if there is alcohol being used). But I always get bored very quickly and wish I was not there.

We were all fundamentally in agreement as it was a party meeting but I found most of the other people annoying.

I do need more social contact but I can't see myself going to one of these meetings again.

I have similar things ...

I want to have friend and be social

It just causes me anxiety

Some kind of paradox I think.

I'm so lonely but I can't handle the 99 and just usually float about the edges of society

Even when there's people who agree and want to discuss the same topic it can be too stressful to contemplate...

Mostly the people I know don't know me...

'Normal' people are so irregular and unpredictable!!!!

Plus I get sensory overloads just hearing all the traffic and city noise so I'm triggered off even before I've got somewhere...

That's just apparently what we need to learn how to cope with, but if autism means we don't do that we'll will we ever learn it??

The paradox of life being an aspie in an upside down world

Bless x

Can you get bose noise cancelling headphones? Could you access an autism support group in your area to find friends? If you can get to bath I run a group in a cafe once a month. PM me for details.