Gold MD

It's dead, Jim!

I couldn't help but notice nobody hardly ever posts on here much now. I've continued to post threads about my anxiety, but maybe my rambling style scares people off, since my rants are obscure. Or are they easy to follow now that I've made more than enough of them? :D

Anyway, I cannot get help in real life because nobody cares, so I feel bored now and desperate. :(

I've been reading your posts. Including your recent one about not getting support. I just didn't have anything to reply with so I didn't. I wasn't scared off though :).

To be fair we have offered advice but you haven't taken it.

The threads about your former support workers. Read back over what I've said

My current situation isn't great, because I cannot find suitable help to go out and involve myself in activities I will enjoy. Therefore, I am inclined to feel isolated and frustrated. They are being awkward too, claiming agencies have more females than guys, yet they try to say I agreed to that.

Whenever any company I contact never returns my calls, I know the social worker I had is portraying me to be some danger to women. I've called a few places and not one of them got back to me.

There are more ladies than fellas in the care industry. You can state you prefer males when applying. Ask your social worker to find you something suitable. They can refuse you once a substantial or critical need has been identified.

That's too phucking bad, huh? I mean, what the Diddly Sam hell do they expect me to do now? I've told my advocacy worker a gazillion times that I need support, but the social services are dictating what support I can get, and they pay for it, meaning what they say sticks. So I'm not going to be able to do sh*t now.

Work with them instead of against them

anxiety is part of asd.but have you thought of getting treatment for your anxiety by going to your gp and getting help.my son started fluoxetine a few months ago and feels so much better.so that has to be given a try if your anxiety is stopping you having a nice life.

Is that a beta blocker? My GP always prescribes beta blockers. Do they work?

I'm sick of anxiety. Now social services won't help me, and I hate not being able to do things by myself.

By the way, using meds to combat depression caused by other "professionals" no less won't change the fact you're not getting supported by those paid to do so. This is the government's way of not having to individually help people. They think the use of medication will slowly cure the grief riddled thought patterns.

Plus, some drugs that are meant to help either make you feel flighty, only work temporarily, or get you addicted to them, and thus you will find you become reliant on them thereafter. It's like booze. Psychoactive and not helpful.

anxiety is part of asd.but have you thought of getting treatment for your anxiety by going to your gp and getting help.my son started fluoxetine a few months ago and feels so much better.so that has to be given a try if your anxiety is stopping you having a nice life.

Disagree anxiety can be part of asd. I've had periods in my life free from anxiety.

I'll be way happier once I get my own flat, but that takes time. You have to bid on flats. You're only allowed to bid on three each week. You can be waiting quite a while, too. I'm supposed to go with my advocacy worker next week to ask the council about finding me a flat quicker.

I'll be way happier once I get my own flat, but that takes time. You have to bid on flats. You're only allowed to bid on three each week. You can be waiting quite a while, too. I'm supposed to go with my advocacy worker next week to ask the council about finding me a flat quicker.

I appreciate this was sometime ago but what I have to share might still help you. Are you in a banding which you feel suits your current situation? By that i mean were you given a banding that reflected your physical and mental state at the time of applying? There are ways of appealing your banding but there can be consequences of being in a higher band. In my county Band A is for those who are currently homeless. Band B is for people who are at risks of homelessness, are living in 'unsuitable housing' eg documented abuse at home or from neighbours, who couldn't climb the stairs are in housing that adversely affects their physical or mental wellbeing note this has to be more than being lonely because of where you live. If you are in Band A you have to accept any home that is offered to you. If you are in Band B and make bids you have to accept any home offered to you. Checking whether there are any suitable houses to bid on each week is something anyone on the housing register is expected to do. If you do not bid within a set timeframe of registering online they can take you off the housing register and you have to apply again.

Are there any professionals that know you well who can write supporting letters to back you up? Your GP, social worker, care agency, mental health services, autism service? Any recent medical letters which you can use which specifically mention your housing needs?

Have you been on the Shelter website to try and work out your rights? http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advicethere is also a Scotland branch (i cannot remember if you are in England or Scotland) http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Think about where you want to live and what you can compromise on. To qualify for your home care with minimal disruption staying in your county is advised. Registering for a different county to the one you are in (unless you can prove you need to move for medical treatment or to care for a relative/ a relative to care for you) is virtually impossible.

My first home was 2 roads down from my grans so i could walk round to hers if i felt i needed anything or i was lonely. I moved out when i had neighbour abuse, then other stuff went wrong which i wont go into on here.

I've been twice to the council in Edinburgh, and they put me on the "homeless priority" list, but it can still take up to another year's worth of placing bids using EdIndex. The other available option is going private, but I know this can be risky. There is also an issue where people on benefits can be rejected. Now, the reason I want to leave my parents' house is because it's a mess.

Maybe I should thank my lucky stars they've gave me homeless priority, because they explained that in a normal situation, you have to wait up to 100 years when you are bidding as normal without these extra "points" in place. Has Britain really gotten this bad? :(

I'd rather get a new home next week. But...beggars cannot be choosers, or something to that effect!

Unfortunately the situation has gotten this bad.

http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/might be able to give you more specific advice regarding your housing.

http://www.housingoptionsscotland.org.uk/is a website aimed at disabled people trying to find somewhere to live.

http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/local_services/edinburgh

That's Shelters services for housing in Edinburgh.

There's also ELAS who can help with self advocacy;

http://edspace.org.uk/service/edinburgh-lothian-asperger-society-elas/

Times are bad, mate. I don't even think that social services can get me any flexible support despite what one guy said, as they won't provide women, and it seems it is women that mostly work as care personnel. At least according to some people, but that's debatable. They also say the funding is not there anymore.

There was a time when I had ongoing support for 6 years, but that all ended thanks to you know who selling me down the river, but I caused this mess too by being way too open and honest about my business. There's a lot of things that I should not have opened my gob about. It's a major problem I have, though.

This year has been a huge write-off, as in a major waste of my time. There was stuff I really wanted to do, but I didn't want to do it alone. But all I have to do online is tell people about my troubles, and they run a mile.

The thing is, other than having anxiety, I'm not the type who even really appears disabled, clueless, shy, or whatever it is. So I don't really need support for a great deal of activities. I'd really love to just have them help me, and not put me through any more unnecessary BS. However, due to everything that has occurred, they will want me monitored. I'm also still under court appointed supervision, so obviously there is still a risk of these helpers being stool pigeons. I've not got anything to hide, but I'm very optimistic about who I share my life with now. Strictly speaking, I have to be, giving what's happened.

Because I have anxiety, I kind of needed people like support workers to go to places with me, so I did not feel half as bad. Yet it's incredibly hard to trust them because I feel like I'm kind of pegged now, and read the first paragraph again. There's too many complications in place. As long as they have people dictating to them, they'll never feel trustworthy enough. I'm screwed either way.

Edited by Gold MD

None of those links I gave have anything to do with Social Services.

http://www.edinburghtherapy.co.uk/counselling help for Asperger adults.

There could be other organisations as well do an online search.