sammyloo

Hello, New too all of this.

I am 21 years old and have recently been diagnosed with ASD. I've never fitted in with people and always felt like an outsider so don't really have many friends, so spend a lot of my time isolated from everybody. I've not really got that much of a great understanding of ASD. I'm really struggling with this at the moment and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice that could help, thanks.

Welcome you've joined this site and I hope it helps you find the right support.

We're you diagnosed by cahms? They're the mental health team for children and young people under the nhs. They should be offering you post diagnostic support.

There are a few autism fb groups online. There's also the annual autscape retret which has a closing date of 30th July to book.

Are there any asd social groups in your area? That's where most of my friends are from.

Hi hope you are in a coping phase

You're in the right place

Just remember it's okay to be different

However, here, you are or will be more 'normal' than in the outside world.

Get involved in a discussion or two and as I did, you'll find you say 'I'm like that' quite a lot... and when you are brave enough to share your own feelings and experiences you'll find, as I did, that others say 'that's just like them' too

When you've found out more about your 'self' you can start to learn about the better sides of autism!

Thinking outside the box, a level of care and compassion neurotypicals think is a waste of time, artistic flare... one of mine is in mechanical assembly and repair...when I can manipulate the 3d schematics in my mind I never need to read the schematics again... everything is in there like a computer program and that's when the other people in the workshop grow to hate me because apparently I make then look bad... but hey nobody's perfect eh

Just make sure you don't let them grind you down or tell you you're broken

Hi hope you are in a coping phase

You're in the right place

Just remember it's okay to be different

However, here, you are or will be more 'normal' than in the outside world.

Get involved in a discussion or two and as I did, you'll find you say 'I'm like that' quite a lot... and when you are brave enough to share your own feelings and experiences you'll find, as I did, that others say 'that's just like them' too

When you've found out more about your 'self' you can start to learn about the better sides of autism!

Thinking outside the box, a level of care and compassion neurotypicals think is a waste of time, artistic flare... one of mine is in mechanical assembly and repair...when I can manipulate the 3d schematics in my mind I never need to read the schematics again... everything is in there like a computer program and that's when the other people in the workshop grow to hate me because apparently I make then look bad... but hey nobody's perfect eh

Just make sure you don't let them grind you down or tell you you're broken

Oops...duplicate post

MOD please delete repeat