fade

Hello all

I'm new to this website, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 35 years old, and was diagnosed with Asperger's in the mid 90s. My life is a wreck and has been since the age of twelve. I'm not independent, and have virtually no ability to interact with people face to face or cope situations most people would find easy. I'm attempting lots of things to fix all that, including joining this site.

So hi

Hi and welcome

I was also diagnosed in the mid 90s and got reactive depression as a result.

Donington an autism degree with me as my own case study and going gluten and dairy free really helped me.

Hope you can find some support here.

Hello there :)

I’d like to begin by giving you a very warm welcome to this forum.

It’s not hard for me to understand where you’re coming from, under what you say in your thread. I’m now thirty-two years old and was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) at the age of seven, all the way back in the early nineties, when the condition was almost unheard of. The support I received throughout school was only minimal, and unsurprisingly, I left school with barely one foot on the ladder of my aspirations. Getting the glass no more than half-full has been a very long and painful process. Even today, after everything I’ve been through, I can only perceive that I still have both a long way to go and far more to learn, even though I finally managed to complete a degree course early last year. For example, the support available for my personal and social development is very limited and hard-obtained. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always found that one of my key strengths is presenting my true needs and emotions etc. to other people in writing. This usually proves really effective for me, so I just thought it may help you to get closer to your true ambitions in life.

You can feel free to contact me whenever it may suit you. You can use whatever language with which you may feel comfortable.

All the very best,

Gareth