Paula

PIP Applying For Son

My son now 23 claimes DLA has done for years im his appointee anyway today his letter came saying his DLA would stop and he had to make a claime for PIP .......I phoned up the DWP to start the process im already stressing out all the questions then a forms to come the lady was banging on and on about workers evidence alsorts.........thing is my son isnt involved with any support workers or medical people never has been he lives at home im his maine support........we do have a letter offical diagnsos from the physcologist im just hopeing this along with the fact hes claime DLA claime ESA and when the forms come i put across his dialy needs which is mainly support with life that hell get the pip payment........what a farce why are they putting genuine people through this............

Anyone else been through this process i have done a general pip search on the forum.

Thanks Paula

Yes and I only got my pip on grounds of my physical health needs. My autism was disregarded. It's how you describe your sons needs that they take into account.

Hope you're gp can help you. Don't know what mine said but it did help. Can you get help from a local nas branch or mind or mencap? They helped my family over the years even when the NHS left me to rot.

Ta trekstar

Form came yesterday none of it is relevent to sons needs thing is he can do things cook wah travel but with support how difficult it is to explaine this ive filled it in the best i can and ive sent a photo copy of the phyciligist report ten pages when he was diagnosed if they refuse pip ill appeal ive a feeling they will he doesnt see a gp hes never ill he doesnt need medication me and his dad are his support system like many autistics who live with parents i cant risk stressing due to my bi polar ill just have to see what happens the system seems geard to ensure autistics wont qualify ill loose my carers allowance also yet hell still be autistic and ill still be his carer

Hi Paula, I hope all works out and your son is awarded the PIP benefit. Was he receiving the mobility part of DLA as well? My son Glen, has been awarded the higher rate of care and mobility for PIP he only got the higher rate of mobility because he is registered blind now. Let us know how you get on.

hi hun we are in the same boat.our son is 19 and he has always got dwp.we have a nasty feeling he wont get pip.our forms are due april.i will also be apealing.my son is on full meds fluxotine and equasym which do help and he is now doing his degree.but we fully support him to do well.keep us up to date with how you do.cos there are a whole lot of people in the same boat x

Edited by noogsy

I will do i sent forms of now im waiting

I wrote to my local mp complaing and explaining my sons situation and how the forms for pip dont realy suite autism ect ect he got back to me saying his grandaon is on specteum and he understood hes willing to help me if i need to appeal.

Arghhhh

more blasted stress all round had a form for esa health assesment drop through my door yesterday another awfull form to fill in explaining everything againe so bloomeing stressfull.Filled it in sent physcology report with it now to top it all ive had a letter from the job centre insisting he goes in for a review of course its a day when he refuses to go in coz he does a thing with his disability group and he wont bloomeing budge on that so ive had to ring up explaining this but of course its an answer machene coz she only works mnday tues and wednesdays so i left a message.........my son has a little job one hour a week with support with a disibility sports group he gets paide 21 pound a month but ive to now proofe to job centre he isnt a multi millonaire show wage slips bank accounts allsorts..........im so stressed im habeing panick attacks alsorts plus my sons stressed too.........everything happening at once pip esa job centre why do they make it a nightmare for vulnerable people............

trying to not show my son im stressed but its makeing me ill...........

Hi Paula, just want to say how much I feel for you, why is it disabled people get penalised for being disabled, well that's how I look at it. You shouldn't have to show your son's bank account, pay slip details for a 1 hour a week job that he is, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. The system is so unfair and so stressful for disabled people and their families. I hope all works out for you both in the end as I'm sure it will (( ))

The Benefits and Work site is excellent for helping you to fill in the forms. We have just done T's PIP - went from low care/low mobility DLA to low care PIP, which is OK. We were also called for a Job Centre meeting in the middle of this (my mother was also in the middle of treatment for cancer so I was missing lots of work) - the JC did postpone the appointment by two weeks which helped. I believe we will be getting T's ESA renewal forms through in a few months. It is becoming very difficult to keep a full-time job myself and help my son and parents too.

I phoned job centre spoke to lady he doesnt need to be seen they accept my word hes no saveings above 6000 and he only earns 22 . 50 a month.

More upset big kick of usual stuff son shouting yelling at me and his dad reason we asked him to move over on sofa now yet againe hes shouting he wants to leave home ive had enough ive contacted social services we need to look into stuff

It makes me ill i cry everynight in shower all my knecks in spasam paine in all my joints with the stress hes better of at home but hes makeing life hell now hes saying he wont go on family holiday but we cant leave him home alone hubby says course hell go on holiday but what happens if day we go he refuses what then im so tired so fed up

It makes me ill i cry everynight in shower all my knecks in spasam paine in all my joints with the stress hes better of at home but hes makeing life hell now hes saying he wont go on family holiday but we cant leave him home alone hubby says course hell go on holiday but what happens if day we go he refuses what then im so tired so fed up

You thought about sending him on a holiday for people with disabilities? Then you both get a break. i went to Cornwall on a holiday for people with learning disabilities whilst my gran and aunt went to France, picking me up on the way home.

hes locked himself in his bedroom wont come out just shouts abuse wont even answer his texs ive rung social services theyve got back to me im starting the process of getting him into supported liveing were being assesed or he is for shared lives and respite ive reached the end of what i can cope with after 23 years of stress on and off abuse no thanks for anything at all everything on my shoulders (husband works so he cant realy do much with son due to long hours) i cant take anymore at all...........i was in teers on phone we cant get any sence out of son coz he shuts down and screams at us shouts why dont we just die he wishes we were dead ..............

IM DONE with this i know he cant help it but im not his verbal punchbag anymore....................

He got up this morning came out of room i tried to speak to him get some sence outta him but he just blanked me said he does what he wants then he went out the house ill just have to c if he returns

He smells not washed or bathed since wednesday not changed undewear not shaved and he does sport

Hi Paula

I really feel for you, it's all laying on your shoulders. I think you have done extremely well, 23 years, I lasted just 17 years and sadly had to place my son into a care home. Although that didn't work, he is now going into supported living in about 10 days time I really hope this will work out. I think you are doing the right thing in getting him in supported living. Do let us know how it all works out. I hope your son has come home now by the way.

Hi Paula, it sounds like all the years of getting on with things as well as you can have now caught up with you, causing you stress, pain and tears. In my council area only people assessed as being in urgent or critical need of support actually get anything. It sounds like you reached the urgent/critical stage, so even if your local council is restricting support like mine is hopefully you will get things put in place. It's good that you've been able to post here to express how things are, and that you've been in contact with the council for support. In addition to your council, is there a carers organisation in your area which could support you? All the best with getting a better situation for all your family.

Hes resumed speaking to us and returned home safe and hunger drove him to the kitchen for a pie and pringles we are waiting to be assesd for shared lifes my son says he wont and doesnt want to go on holiday weve spoken today he says he wants to be on his own and he dunt want anyone takeing care of him so thats that ive said he can come and he can change mind up to us leaving I feel maybe hes got a point hes 23 a grown man he needs support yes bur not i guess smothering and fussing maybe i am guilty of that but its hard to step back maybe i need to allow him space also

If he sticks by his decision not to come that would be a way of testing things out - how he gets on with day to day life on his own and how you get on having time away from him. I hope you enjoy your holiday, whatever he decides.

We dont go abroad we havent had a holuday for ten years he was wanting to go apparantley you have to pay for shared lifes up to sixty pound a day it makes my blood boil i dont work havent done for years i get 55 pound a week carers allowance yet i have to possibly pay 290 minimum a week for someone else to do what i do

Im still waiting to hear from pip people since forms were sent in

Update pip a nurse from dwp rung to ask me a few questions regarding sons speech to cut long story short looks like he will be awarded pip and theyll be no need for a face to face assesment she says the the physcologists report diagnosing his condition is detailed enough and her report will be favourable so fingers x ill keep u posted

Got a feeling our son will be comeing on holiday with us

I am glad if he comes much as id love a break deep down inside even though if he refuses to come we would leave him id be fretting over it all anyway last week he was grumbling and stomping round hungry makeing noises along the lines of mum cook me something and i thought no you know what you do it so i said to him well i wont be here the week were away on holiday youll have to do it all youre self with no imput from me to ensure its cooked properley so youd better start practiceing now............he grumbled stomed banged pots cooked a realy rotton stir fry it looked awfull and he took forever to eat it...........it took all my will not to step in and sort it for him but i held fast.........

Anyway nhjow hes talking about he doesnt need any new t shirts for the holiday and hell take his sunglasses ect and will the dog be sleeping in his room so it looks like he will be comeing .................i do hope so

still not heard anything from the social services re getting him assesed...........could take months............