Ferret

greetings

to all fellow Autlings wherever they may be on the spectrum, greetings! *raises paw in universal peaceful gesture*

this forum looks pretty peaceful, if a little quiet, but nevertheless thought i'd add myself. more the merrier.

see you around, if you're about... until then... *retreats back to burrow at underhill*

Hi Ferret,

Greetings and welcome to the tranquil spaciousness of here - as is rather a welcome sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of other places I find.

D.

oh! hello there! *looks around* yes, the vibe hereabouts does seem to be a little more convivial.

Have we perchance corresponded together before on other forums?

if you are one and the same dp as frequents nas site to dispense wisdom and 'bertrand russell' my logic, then the odds are favourable we have conversed before

Yes - it is I.

And a bonus that it is you - partially on account that you might not of been you at all but someone else entirely different; which might of been tricky.

I am not so sure about being likened to Bertrand Russel though - as he did philosophy with mathematics involved. Mathematics is a wondrously amazing system of almost complete and utter confusion to me. Perhaps - 'Me Milo; You Sherlock' - or vice versa and so fourth?

Edited by Deepthought

Yes - it is I.

And a bonus that it is you - partially on account that you might not of been you at all but someone else entirely different; which might of been tricky.

I am not so sure about being likened to Bertrand Russel though - as he did philosophy with mathematics involved. Mathematics is a wondrously amazing system of almost complete and utter confusion to me. Perhaps - 'Me Milo; You Sherlock' - or vice versa and so fourth?

huzzah!

yes, for a moment could've been a bit tricky but... - so we are both who we are and not some phantom impersonator (of which is entirely possible in this medium, damned imposter/impersonators will be unveilled as such in time no doubt)

ahh, but i have found so few that can check my logic, or seem to be able to penetrate the veils of thought. i tend to 'come in' over the top, perspective-wise, and reduce everything to its formulae that i am often miscontrued - or rather the message gets completely corrupted and lost in translation. words, so limited, i need to invent more... and then one put into another person's brain... *has images of tangled balls of string...*

ha-ah! very well then. t'would not be the first time someone's likened me to the sleuth, seems to be an in-joke with people who know me, so yes, let's share that and double our fortunes so to speak.

a pleasure to speak to you once more, Dp.

Hi, Everyone. My name is Alexa Anthony. I'm Live in US (Chicago). I am from South Africa and in the US studying and doing the job in one NGO as a volunteer nurse. My niece who is only 12 years old last year diagnosed as having Aspergers. So from that time I am trying to connect with people and online community to get information related to this disease. 

I hope this forum and people will help me providing initial information and important tips.

Hi and welcome im the most active moderator on the forum. Feel free to ask any questions.

Ferret,

Are you available for Sherlock scene of the crime Ferretic investigation services, and logic-topic check.

I went a bit Milo with the perpetration of going all legal and general on one of the other forums.

The 'new-look' is a major visual hypersensitivity issue for me, and I was focused on being all big and polite and diplomatic - but as the eyestrain and headache were getting worse, I was getting all the more annoyed with the situation, and the diplomat was done away with.

One member had tended their resignation, and my fellow Autling defense mode abetted me in making a case of things.

Hi Ferret,

The legal and general situation was resolved with an edit job.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Hi Trekster,

or anyone else that knows,

Is there an edit function on this website system at all, or is it only achievable by asking a moderator?

Just as a question though.

damn! many apologies, dp. a case of most urgency had taken me off, i was deep undercover. i've let you down in your hour of need because of contact restrictions via online etc. this must be remedied at some point. if you would like me to 'sherlock' the issue for you anyway, do let me know. dm me, and we can talk en privé (not sure if that requires a follow or...?) regarding other ways to get hold of me if i'm deep undercover on a case. 

hope this finds you well, regardless. 

ferret.

in other news, god almighty i go off to solve a case and come back and find nas site completely changed and utterly eye-crossing. my autistic brain can't make head nor tail of it. utterly 'unautistic'. well done nas. 

dear god almighty what new level of hell is the nas site?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

utterly impenetrable. and it was bad enough before. fur coat no knickers. all front no back. no longer a resource, more an exercise in how to hide the nuts. wood for trees. needles in haystacks. book me an appointment at the optomotrists i need to check i haven't developed glycoma - eyestrain much!!!

the nts win again. a site for nts, run by nts. and so the push to the boundaries continues.... the natural organic growth will find root elsewhere methinks...

rip nas forums...

Hi Ferret,

Yay, so good to read your words and grin humorously with Cheshire-Cat pleasure once again.

There is unfortunately no new level of hell alas ~ as hell has itself been fully and completely replaced by the N.A.S forum!

Nothing hell was could possibly compare to what the N.A.S site now is.

Got though a 'Colour-That-Site' app to change the stark white glare and the lurid magenta-red to a colour scheme my retinas and sensory systems can deal with.

Eye-strain, migraine and seizures no longer induced.

Do not like like everyone else does not like the 'nested threading' (as allows a person to answer say the third post of perhaps ten; with their answer becoming the fourth post of then eleven in the thread ~ for those who know not as I knew not).

It is a mucking fragmentation and sequential confusion reigns!

I completely and utterly understand and comprehend that you might not be, and fair play, but are you perhaps open to returning to the NAS site; as the site needs to be changed for the better, and it would be even better yet still if you were also, along with the rest of us, involved in the concerted effort to do so?

Whichever way though, your first or last post on the new N.A.S site is very much appreciated, seriously well put, nice one. 

my dear dp - yes, methinks satre would have much to say on the matters of hell created by other people.... what he would make of nas website now, we can only wonder... i mean, pink! for god's sake, pink! my 'sherlock' is repelled! 

re your app - yes, it seems like this situation now with the nas site is a 'windows 8' scenario: your app, i see, being an xp 'shell' equivalent fix to an otherwise visually intolerable front-end that serves no other purpose than 'cladding'<-- a term which i know is controversial in the current climate, but i will use it because it is apt and goes to the heart of the matter, methinks... 

re other issues with the site and my presence there - i am in two minds about this currently (or rather 3, 4, 5 to the power of n-minds); i will explore in brief, thus:- 

1. upon examination of the current upgrade - i find the competitiveness built into the front end particularly disturbing; the ranking of people as top contributors, the 'quanifying' of users in terms of: points, top ranking percentages, site leaders <--seriously? the connotations are awful and could be subverted dreadfully; any unsuspecting soul coming to the site could easily infer erroneously that any user on the site 'ranked' and 'leading' was in fact, a leader of some sort???? this embedded psychology subverts the natural order (and also genuine intention, i would suggest) of people using and contributing to the site. for example: instead of a person coming to the site to engage positively in assisting others to arrive at self-discovery and experience a network of collective opinion and experience, instead we now have a competitive 'social media' experience, where the ego drives the contribution, and judgement of worth is based on precepts embedded in the site's 'shell' by way of rank, leaders, etc. etc. even the voting up and down sets a dangerous precedent and i see quite clearly that this type of heirarchical and peer dominated and directed social construct does not contribute in any positive way towards creating a 'resource' hub for people to come to when in dire need. 

2. the emphasis of the site has been subverted - it is no longer a resource led or driven construct but one which is now competitive and 'social'. it's focus is social, its function has therefore been subverted. focus and function, if not in synnergy, will create fractures in the supportive framework of any intended structure. its purpose therefore becomes unsupported. it fails.. 

3. personal contributions towards improving the site - it is evident to me that until we - autistics - are in the decision making position, all effort is either attritional or additional. to make addition to the site by way of posting etc, is to submit (no pun intended) to the format. i choose. i have a choice. i elect not to contribute directly to the site. i cannot support something that i find so intrinsically flawed, as i outline in 1 and 2 above. there is something very wrong. as much as i would like to help others of my kind, i would be lost in the 'noise' of that site, as that is what the new upgrade has created: noise. visual noise. noise distorts the message. it is so loud, it's deafening. it's too much information<---ha! how ironic that a site supposedly representing autistics (? hm) could suffer from the very thing that autistics struggle so much with: overload.... visual and sensory and data overload. there is no clarity present. the visual connotations reflect thinking which is non-autistic and therefore not autistic friendly or supportive. bad call, say i. 

saying all that above, i will always be available to support my fellow cat-beings. but not on the nas site. i may, if absolutely demanded, jump in occasionally, but for now, it's lost me; and that's not my fault. i see too many comments reflective of how autistics are treated: change is difficult (so patronising from the mods); and 'try to adapt' type comments from autistic users (so typical). 

i vote no. 

21 hours ago, Ferret said:

my dear dp - yes, methinks satre would have much to say on the matters of hell created by other people.... what he would make of nas website now, we can only wonder... i mean, pink! for god's sake, pink! my 'sherlock' is repelled! 

My 'milo' was not repelled by the pink of the N.A.S. site - but the intensity of the white glare made it painful. My 'graphic designer' went though into complete and utter catatonic shock!

re your app - yes, it seems like this situation now with the nas site is a 'windows 8' scenario: your app, i see, being an xp 'shell' equivalent fix to an otherwise visually intolerable front-end that serves no other purpose than 'cladding'<-- a term which i know is controversial in the current climate, but i will use it because it is apt and goes to the heart of the matter, methinks... 

Likewise methinks    

re other issues with the site and my presence there - i am in two minds about this currently (or rather 3, 4, 5 to the power of n-minds); i will explore in brief, thus:- 

1. upon examination of the current upgrade - i find the competitiveness built into the front end particularly disturbing; the ranking of people as top contributors, the 'quanifying' of users in terms of: points, top ranking percentages, site leaders <--seriously?

Since about the age 3 to 6, I was concerned, and after the age of 6 I became increasingly anxious about the effects of 'Competitive-Hierarchical-Ethos' on everybody ~ from the very poorest members of society to the very richest members. It made no sense that the worst-off were being used as 'exemplars' to motivate the better off to keep it that way!!!! Succeed at the expense of everyone else, or else . . .

the connotations are awful and could be subverted dreadfully; any unsuspecting soul coming to the site could easily infer erroneously that any user on the site 'ranked' and 'leading' was in fact, a leader of some sort???? this embedded psychology subverts the natural order (and also genuine intention, i would suggest) of people using and contributing to the site. for example: instead of a person coming to the site to engage positively in assisting others to arrive at self-discovery and experience a network of collective opinion and experience, instead we now have a competitive 'social media' experience, where the ego drives the contribution, and judgement of worth is based on precepts embedded in the site's 'shell' by way of rank, leaders, etc. etc. even the voting up and down sets a dangerous precedent and i see quite clearly that this type of heirarchical and peer dominated and directed social construct does not contribute in any positive way towards creating a 'resource' hub for people to come to when in dire need. 

Yes I have already made comments regarding this issue, and am in the process of working on the next two about community-member 'Mentions', which I cannot see the point of personally, but one poster thinks its nice to be mentioned, and another finds it interesting to read what other people think. I am a face to face and post to post type of person myself.

2. the emphasis of the site has been subverted - it is no longer a resource led or driven construct but one which is now competitive and 'social'. it's focus is social, its function has therefore been subverted. focus and function, if not in synergy, will create fractures in the supportive framework of any intended structure. its purpose therefore becomes unsupported. it fails.. 

A neurotypification system perhaps?

3. personal contributions towards improving the site - it is evident to me that until we - autistics - are in the decision making position, all effort is either attritional or additional. to make addition to the site by way of posting etc, is to submit (no pun intended) to the format. i choose. i have a choice. i elect not to contribute directly to the site. i cannot support something that i find so intrinsically flawed, as i outline in 1 and 2 above. there is something very wrong. as much as i would like to help others of my kind, i would be lost in the 'noise' of that site, as that is what the new upgrade has created: noise. visual noise. noise distorts the message. it is so loud, it's deafening. it's too much information<---ha! how ironic that a site supposedly representing autistics (? hm) could suffer from the very thing that autistics struggle so much with: overload.... visual and sensory and data overload. there is no clarity present. the visual connotations reflect thinking which is non-autistic and therefore not autistic friendly or supportive. bad call, say i. 

I slightly disagree with you here regarding just having autistics in 'the' decision making position, in that the N.A.S. site is also for neurotypicals, but a good balance in favour of autistic people would be a godsend rather than the sensory hellsend so far provided. In terms of being autistic-friendly or supportive it is certainly not ~ especially for those with visual hypersensitivity and a need for progressive organisation. Bad call, so say we all!   

saying all that above, i will always be available to support my fellow cat-beings. but not on the nas site. i may, if absolutely demanded, jump in occasionally, but for now, it's lost me; and that's not my fault. i see too many comments reflective of how autistics are treated: change is difficult (so patronising from the mods); and 'try to adapt' type comments from autistic users (so typical). 

i vote no. 

I will never ever demand anything of you Ferret ~ I will certainly ask for or offer assistance if needed, but it will always be in definite respect of your decision making process and the decision you make completely and utterly. I think doing otherwise would be utterly pointless. And oh my god yes - the moderators patronising attitudes are classic, totally crossed transactions featured in Transactional Analysis Textbooks. I mean it is all very good and all that that the N.A.S. types will do their bit until everybody understands autism - but a far greater comprehension of what it really means and actually involves would be a way better call..

Edited by Deepthought
1. Forget to bold text

5 hours ago, Deepthought said:

Since about the age 3 to 6, I was concerned, and after the age of 6 I became increasingly anxious about the effects of 'Competitive-Hierarchical-Ethos' on everybody ~ from the very poorest members of society to the very richest members. It made no sense that the worst-off were being used as 'exemplars' to motivate the better off to keep it that way!!!! Succeed at the expense of everyone else, or else .

yes, i'm not competitive, i'm inclusive. i'm only competitive with myself, and that comes in the form of having a deep seated 'knowing'? or drive to learn as much as i can; that's my 'mission', for want of a better term, my 'inner directive'.

Yes I have already made comments regarding this issue, and am in the process of working on the next two about community-member 'Mentions', which I cannot see the point of personally, but one poster thinks its nice to be mentioned, and another finds it interesting to read what other people think. I am a face to face and post to post type of person myself.

and yes, here we havit = the embedded psychology at work; that being:- externalised validation/self-worth derivitive pattern ** which is non-selfsustainable<---which of course is a negative construct, one which then feeds into discordant matricies, in particular addictive/addition pattern***

as for the polarity, there is a positive/negative polarity active in all patterns which i shall mention later

** the opposite of course being a dynamic flow process, and self sustainable

***i'm restricted by this medium to words only but would draw out the patterns 'longhand' as the geometry of them is complimentary twards understanding at a deeper level, but for now, just bear in mind that when i employ the term pattern, i am 'seeing' patterns quite literally

so back to mentions<---again, i'm equally as disturbed by this development and it is but one of several red flags for me; here is evidence of the subverting/subversion i was talking about in my replies 1. and 2. above

A neurotypification system perhaps?

i see it as polarity. and i will explore what i mean by poliarity, thus:- if we consider for one moment polarity of interactions as positive or negative both in inception and outcome, and 'see' or envisage in our minds this 'flow' of polarity as it impacts on the experience of the interactors, we can then examine the user and op exchange in any given instance thus:-

op comes to site with query

query is replied/answered to by collective contributors (collective contributors are a variable value in this instance)

op can then decide freely, based on their own personal individual value set (that being created by emotion/logic/experience etc) which reply/answer best suits them or 'fits'

Note: obviously at this point any 'ongoing topic discussion' between contributors can occur and often does and generally feeds off into other threads.... but the main op thread remains intact as a result.<--so we return to the main op thread here...

the op goes away happy, their query answered/replied <--note the change of emphasis on poliarity value here r/a becomes a/r) and the a/r is constructive irrespective of being deemed right or wrong (r/w)

the a/r can then be added to the archive IF key content is derived by the collective contributors and agreed upon to be or have VALUE<---this is important, as WORTH and VALUE are two different yet closely polarity driven markers. if W and V are both positive, then this maximises the positive effect on the collective whole being and organism, be that organism individual or collective or social...

so, in the above polarity construct the FOCUS of energy remains /towards/ the op. the op is the focus. the intention is positive outcome. the intention remains to SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

now we look at the new upgrade and it's polarity, thus:-

op comes with query

query is replied to<---note, there is no answer value here

it is at this point where the poiarity is changed as it is now in feedback loop<--ego driven feedback is now onto the contributors, the energy of focus is DISSIPATED by ranking and voting up, and mentioning. the energy is spread and scattered rather than focusing on the op's issue

the energy is competitive and diverted and focus is lost and instead users begin the addition pattern as the feedback loop continues:- they check how they are ranked, etc etc. rather than having a collective focus, there is now a 'we are competitive' focus. competitive v collective

op decision is subverted. there is no longer the a/r value and therefore no archive as a result as WORTH and VALUE is no longer present, but instead INDIVIDUATED AND INDIVIDUALISED. <----the emphasis of the site is subverted and destroyed at this point and rendered defunct

the op cannot achieve decision and is therefore subverted by peer pressure/opinion. the op's individual self-worth and self-esteem pattern is undermined eg: i disgaree with the information but everyone is voting it up and the person who posted is a top contributor and ranked top.... 

note: the ego drive to contribute becomes exponential and FUELS the pattern,  thus:- site traffic increases therefore creating a "the site is popular therefore it must be 'working well'/'be right'/'be what people want/'is popular'<---this last being a munchausen by proxy construct as one designs a site with embedded psychology for a popularity contest, then wow! lo! behold! a popularity contest is what one ends up with...

note: popularity contests become self-moderating, self-censoring in the end. something to bear in mind....

slightly disagree with you here regarding just having autistics in 'the' decision making position, in that the N.A.S. site is also for neurotypicals, but a good balance in favour of autistic people would be a godsend rather than the sensory hellsend so far provided. In terms of being autistic-friendly or supportive it is certainly not ~ especially for those with visual hypersensitivity and a need for progressive organisation. Bad call, so say we all!   

a balance? or a choice? either way anything would be better. but my position remains thus:- a) if auts were listened to or their position understood, then an upgrade consulatation would already have occurred /OR/ consideration in practice already given. this is not the case, and never would have been. we are in an nt world, after all. b ) i will not and cannot support by proxy, ie i will not use or contribute to something because that is all that there is. it is not all that there is. it only exists BECAUSE it is used. if it were not used, it wouldn't exist. the "change is difficult" patronage really is indicative of the general nt world i inhabit and i cannot support that attitude or perspective in practice. i live it every day. NO. change is not difficult, dischord is<----- and i have long challanged the idea or myth regarding change being difficult for auts as i think it is a dischord issue - and in the case of nas site upgrade perfectly demonstrated in practice. change is not the problem. neither are auts reactions to change a problem. 

I will never ever demand anything of you Ferret ~ I will certainly ask for or offer assistance if needed, but it will always be in definite respect of your decision making process and the decision you make completely and utterly. I think doing otherwise would be utterly pointless. And oh my god yes - the moderators patronising attitudes are classic, totally crossed transactions featured in Transactional Analysis Textbooks. I mean it is all very good and all that that the N.A.S. types will do their bit until everybody understands autism - but a far greater comprehension of what it really means and actually involves would be a way better call..

you can demand anything of me!!! and yes, ask too. if i can help or assist, i will. i am merely deeply disappointed by the nas position and decision, but already had growing reservations regarding my continuing support there - something about the emphasis was/is wrong... the upgrade was the last straw for me. and yes, i am done with being patronised, therefore i will withdraw my support and contribution by proxy of a system i am fundamentally at odds with, even on a daily living basis, it's bad for my health and well being. i would not be able to continue helping people, being a mentor and guide, and other things, if i did not practice what i preached. i do predict that the nas site will suffer and merely become an echo chamber for egos now... i am done with being excluded by inclusivity-by-default. i am autistic. i am not nt. i don't see why i have to keep trying to fix and fit to fix that which is not my problem, or have to suffer its imposition upon me. i chose a different path...

saying that, my goodness i do admire your tenacity to keep going. you're made of sterner stuff perhaps. but i would say, do keep an eye on your wellbeing. if it starts to erode, walk away...

On 10/07/2017 at 2:49 PM, Ferret said:

yes, i'm not competitive, i'm inclusive. i'm only competitive with myself, and that comes in the form of having a deep seated 'knowing'? or drive to learn as much as i can; that's my 'mission', for want of a better term, my 'inner directive'.

1.) In terms of being competitive with yourself, perhaps watch over that one very carefully (in the compassionate sense of caring), as winning needs losers as already mentioned concerning 'Competitive Hierarchical Ethos'. Keep safe and secure in mind that collaboration (or working together as musicians do) is the key to regarding the enlightening harmony or intuition of the inner-self - or deep seated knower. After all, the deep seated knower seriously does know a thing or two about comfy sofas with two really really comfy seats - and Ferret treats particularly in your case!   

and yes, here we havit = the embedded psychology at work; that being:- externalised validation/self-worth derivitive pattern ** which is non-selfsustainable<---which of course is a negative construct, one which then feeds into discordant matricies, in particular addictive/addition pattern***

as for the polarity, there is a positive/negative polarity active in all patterns which i shall mention later

** the opposite of course being a dynamic flow process, and self sustainable

***i'm restricted by this medium to words only but would draw out the patterns 'longhand' as the geometry of them is complimentary twards understanding at a deeper level, but for now, just bear in mind that when i employ the term pattern, i am 'seeing' patterns quite literally

2.) I also literally 'see' in my case 'spiro-grahic' geometrically swirly and twirly patterns, and on first reading the characteristic patterns of your writing - I assumed that something similar was on the go or the case with you too. Do you recall the geometric system I listed a while back? With additional sensibility descriptives now added: 

8.) Geomatrix    >>    White       >>   Intuitional              >>   White Noise

7.) Heptagon     >>    Violet       >>   Rational                >>   C* high

6.) Hexagon      >>    Indigo      >>   Sentimental          >>   B*

5.) Pentagon     >>    Blue        >>   Communicational  >>   A*

4.) Square (+)   >>    Green     >>   Emotional              >>   G**

3.} Triangle       >>    Yellow     >>   Imaginal                >>   F*

2.) Circle           >>    Orange   >>   Reproductional      >>   D*

1.) Line             >>    Red        >>    Sensational           >>   C* low

0.) Point            >>    Black      >>   Environmental       >>   Black Noise

* Do not be surprised if I have got the notes in the wrong order ~ B may be D, F may be A and all that ~ as dyslexia so rules with me.

** The Masonic 'G' if that rings any of those grand-architectural-diatonic-concert-pitch-Fibonacci-shells-and-weighing-bells states of affairs for you?

so back to mentions<---again, i'm equally as disturbed by this development and it is but one of several red flags for me; here is evidence of the subverting/subversion i was talking about in my replies 1. and 2. above

i see it as polarity. and i will explore what i mean by poliarity, thus:- if we consider for one moment polarity of interactions as positive or negative both in inception and outcome, and 'see' or envisage in our minds this 'flow' of polarity as it impacts on the experience of the interactors, we can then examine the user and op exchange in any given instance thus:-

op comes to site with query

query is replied/answered to by collective contributors (collective contributors are a variable value in this instance)

op can then decide freely, based on their own personal individual value set (that being created by emotion/logic/experience etc) which reply/answer best suits them or 'fits'

Note: obviously at this point any 'ongoing topic discussion' between contributors can occur and often does and generally feeds off into other threads.... but the main op thread remains intact as a result.<--so we return to the main op thread here...

the op goes away happy, their query answered/replied <--note the change of emphasis on poliarity value here r/a becomes a/r) and the a/r is constructive irrespective of being deemed right or wrong (r/w)

the a/r can then be added to the archive IF key content is derived by the collective contributors and agreed upon to be or have VALUE<---this is important, as WORTH and VALUE are two different yet closely polarity driven markers. if W and V are both positive, then this maximises the positive effect on the collective whole being and organism, be that organism individual or collective or social...

so, in the above polarity construct the FOCUS of energy remains /towards/ the op. the op is the focus. the intention is positive outcome. the intention remains to SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

3.) Polarities involve negative, positive and neutral states - you only seem to be using the negative (worth-less) and positive (worth-while) states and excluding the neutral values gradient between the two. Recall the Receptive, Protective and Projective capacities and functions of each state of the seven inter-phasic networks of the mind/body relationship? Of course, I may have misinterpreted things, but I always reserve the right to at least be entirely wrong!

now we look at the new upgrade and it's polarity, thus:-

op comes with query

query is replied to<---note, there is no answer value here

it is at this point where the polarity is changed as it is now in feedback loop<--ego driven feedback is now onto the contributors, the energy of focus is DISSIPATED by ranking and voting up, and mentioning. the energy is spread and scattered rather than focusing on the op's issue

the energy is competitive and diverted and focus is lost and instead users begin the addition pattern as the feedback loop continues:- they check how they are ranked, etc etc. rather than having a collective focus, there is now a 'we are competitive' focus. competitive v collective

4.) Rather than the energy being diverted and lost in competition, it is divided and its focus is diminished in the peripheral sense, and enhanced in the centralizing point of focus sense. Or in other words the bigger-picture is reduced in terms of intuitional triangulation and empathic relativity, as by proportion tunnel vision is increased in terms of imaginal specificity and reproductive co-ordination for sensational affect and or effect. The old problems of having affairs with fantasy whilst missing or becoming separated or even divorced from reality start creeping in. The N.A.S. community leader board as of 01:33 12/07/2017 featured photographs of two people's faces rather than avatar images - mildly sketchy to say the least perhaps?

5.) Posed 'look-at-me' photographs really are in my opinion weirdly strange.

op decision is subverted. there is no longer the a/r value and therefore no archive as a result as WORTH and VALUE is no longer present, but instead INDIVIDUATED AND INDIVIDUALISED. <----the emphasis of the site is subverted and destroyed at this point and rendered defunct

the op cannot achieve decision and is therefore subverted by peer pressure/opinion. the op's individual self-worth and self-esteem pattern is undermined eg: i disgaree with the information but everyone is voting it up and the person who posted is a top contributor and ranked top.... 

note: the ego drive to contribute becomes exponential and FUELS the pattern,  thus:- site traffic increases therefore creating a "the site is popular therefore it must be 'working well'/'be right'/'be what people want/'is popular'<---this last being a munchausen by proxy construct as one designs a site with embedded psychology for a popularity contest, then wow! lo! behold! a popularity contest is what one ends up with...

note: popularity contests become self-moderating, self-censoring in the end. something to bear in mind....

6.) I think that some proportion of O.P.s will be pretty much constant regarding their decision making processes; as people tend to like what they like or know what best suits them and so fourth ~ recalling the Autistic tendency to being particular, fussy, exacting, specific or even pedantic. The old proverb that you can can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink comes to mind. None the less though, some O.P.s does not account for all O.P.s, and the Content/Value and the Quality/Worth of the Replies/Answers will be diminished ~ if the aspirational stability of the Self-centric 'I am as I am' characterisation; is converted to the compulsive instability of the Ego-centric 'I will be as I become' re-characterisation ~ i.e., top of the chart, most mentioned, most achievements, most followers, most friends and all that sort of pride before the fall thing.

7.) The Munchausen-By-Proxy, Stockholm-Syndrome, Guardian-Role-Transfer or just plain Normalised Abuse problem involving supporters, followers, leaders, abstainers, protestors, militants and deviants along with social stratification and segregation into inferior, mediocre and superior sub-classes of community members . . . well it might not be so bad given the Autistic tendency for some to be moral and ethical industrial diamonds, and some alot more egalitarian, but again this does not account for all and that is not good.

a balance? or a choice? either way anything would be better. but my position remains thus:- a) if auts were listened to or their position understood, then an upgrade consulatation would already have occurred /OR/ consideration in practice already given. this is not the case, and never would have been. we are in an nt world, after all. b ) i will not and cannot support by proxy, ie i will not use or contribute to something because that is all that there is. it is not all that there is. it only exists BECAUSE it is used. if it were not used, it wouldn't exist. the "change is difficult" patronage really is indicative of the general nt world i inhabit and i cannot support that attitude or perspective in practice. i live it every day. NO. change is not difficult, dischord is<----- and i have long challanged the idea or myth regarding change being difficult for auts as i think it is a dischord issue - and in the case of nas site upgrade perfectly demonstrated in practice. change is not the problem. neither are auts reactions to change a problem. 

8.) 'Reportedly' all the comments about what could be better about the last site from Autistic people went into choosing the new site format. It was also 'reportedly' tested out by Autistic people on mobile phones for which the new format is designed. The sudden change of format with no how to use the site pages was though a complete discrimination against the regulars - who might also have been some of the testers so as to offer instruction to others regarding what was what and where; instead of all the benighted confusions and upsets that started on that fateful Wednesday.

you can demand anything of me!!! and yes, ask too. if i can help or assist, i will. i am merely deeply disappointed by the nas position and decision, but already had growing reservations regarding my continuing support there - something about the emphasis was/is wrong... the upgrade was the last straw for me. and yes, i am done with being patronised, therefore i will withdraw my support and contribution by proxy of a system i am fundamentally at odds with, even on a daily living basis, it's bad for my health and well being. i would not be able to continue helping people, being a mentor and guide, and other things, if i did not practice what i preached. i do predict that the nas site will suffer and merely become an echo chamber for egos now... i am done with being excluded by inclusivity-by-default. i am autistic. i am not nt. i don't see why i have to keep trying to fix and fit to fix that which is not my problem, or have to suffer its imposition upon me. i chose a different path...

9.) I only make demands (insistences or peremptory requests to sort things out) when people behave disrespectfully or malevolently, and that is all. Authoritarianism or elitism is a sociological misnomer based upon ungrounded and unreasoned abstract constructs - normally involving at least psychological humiliation (ageism, sexism and tribalism), or at most physiological annihilation (lynching, ethnic cleansing and war), and many people make demands on this basis - and are therefore deluded.

10.) So like yourself with the N.A.S. types hypocrisy and condescension, I am not into it either ~ in the sense that I attend the dance but I do not dance that dance. I support people who are neurologically divergent or not, I do not support organisations, and the vast majority of people, in excess of ninety percent, are victims of normalised abuse themselves anyway ~ whether they be unsanely or insanely neurotypical or not.

11.) My reasonable adjustment for this pervasive madness ~ is comprehensive compassion and understanding; "Forgive them for they know not what they do." sort of thing, as most people ignorantly abuse themselves by unwitting abusing others into collectively abusive stupidity or insanity too. There is as such a major affirmation shortage going on on this planet, and I do my bit to address that shortage - by preaching what I practice. I do not have my pass plate yet as I am still learning not to drive myself any madder than I already am. Most importantly though, it is neither your job, my job, nor anyone's job to fix the sociopathic mess going on around us, as it is everyone's responsibility to reduce their part in it by setting the example of what life affirming behaviour and discussion actually is.

13.) Little by little we are getting there, and the N.A.S. has played a huge part in increasing awareness not only about A.S.D., but in part neurological diversity also with many other groups and communities of people doing pretty much the same thing. Yay. But oh my absolute being and infinite becoming ~ that website needs help. Any huge non-profit computing companies out there that might feel intrigued about doing a total programming charity job to create a platform that serves the broadest extent of people on the A.S.D. spectrum ~ let the N.A.S. and ourselves know, perhaps?

saying that, my goodness i do admire your tenacity to keep going. you're made of sterner stuff perhaps. but i would say, do keep an eye on your wellbeing. if it starts to erode, walk away...

14.) I have got to say, it is not tenacity that I have ~ that got extensively burnt out years back anyway. It is actually more patience in that I have temporal aphasia, or no sense of time passing, and a narrow or singular range of interests which I follow slowly but progressively heel to toe; heal to toe; heel to toe. I take each step as being gently and evenly placed and then firmly and evenly trod ~ as I have poor foresight but richly exacting hindsight. In this way I really have over the decades learnt from my mistakes; rather than punishing myself for them and thereby repeating them ~ sod all that malarkey I thought and did! Thus when my well being is compromised, as it has been for the last week, I have rather than walking written away these ills as if Milo with his brother Sherlock solving the 'Website' of the Baskervilles case! 

14 hours ago, Deepthought said:

In terms of being competitive with yourself, perhaps watch over that one

indeed! i am watchful. i do not go to the dark side. when it manifests, in ways which are detrimental to my health and wellbeing, i am so 'life' battle-weary that my old wounds 'flare up' and stop me from doing further damage to myself. harmony i seek, it finds me and keeps drawing me back - my 'labyrinth' (for want of a better visual term both in 'insight' terms/meaning and psychological terms/meaning, and mind/body terms/meaning), that i walk all the time: to centre and return, and in and out again - this is becoming more harmonious, it's pattern more embedded every time it is returned to and walked. anything other, that which does not have that natural shape, is eroded away with persistence of practice towards truth.

note - this sofa comment you make, you remind me of my chiropractor, as they have a comfy sofa.... for a moment there i thought you were them sending me a coded message. silly brain i have!!!

also literally 'see' in my case 'spiro-grahic' geometrically swirly and twirly patterns, and on first reading the characteristic patterns of your writing - I assumed that something similar was on the go or the case with you too.

yes, i do 'see'. literally. in my head, simultaneously as i focus my external eye on the world around me. my insight is linked to my external sight. my foresight then comes through too. i have developed and trained myself to practice these ways of seeing. i have developed my observational skills - "you see but you do not observe, Watson" - Sherlock Holmes - i have trained an already instinctive and natural autistic ability to observe detail into a sharper blade.... i have sharpened my ability.

the turn of phrase in english language when two people are in conversation "oh, i see what you mean"<---this actually occurs /in/ me, in my head, when i reach deep understanding of a 'thing', i call this moment assimilation. and it is another way of seeing. i bring into myself knowledge and make it part of me. this is done by. i literally /see/ the answer, and i catch a glimpse of the structure of it,  and how that knowledge then fits into the bigger structure/picture. like a jigsaw piece. i then have the composite picture in my head. it then adds to insight and the ability to hone and develop insight. i also think this is closely linked to being able to open up the channel between conscious thought, subconscious process and unconscious held knowledge. that ability to switch off or direct conscious thought off so that one only experiences the direct connection between mind/body and experience externally and internally<---this point is purity of existence, i think. this is truth. i seek that harmony.

i 'see' lots of patterns: patterns of behaviour (psychology), patterns in language (linguistics codes), patterns in art or the visual world (systems of subliminal codificationn) patterns in nature (organic codes and cycles of flow, and sacred geometry of course and mathematical representations of harmonic structures of energy systems) .... the list goes on. much of the behaviour and language codes give me insight into peoples personalities, especially online as the written 'code' is very easy to read, i'm not so good at spoken as my hearing/speech is not good, those input/output ports for want of a better analogy, are slow on the download; i thus appear 'slow' or 'dumb' or 'thick' or 'naive' or 'rude' or .....  when i discovered i was a polymath, it was the patterns which led me towards that self understanding and self truth; likewise towards my discovery i was autistic, as i applied logic principles, and techniques of disassociation, in order to examine my own thought patterns. i removed the false perspective imposed upon me by abusers, peer groups, historical experiences etc, and by employing a combined process of mathematical probability exclusion principle and disassociation, i was able to 'prove' myself. it worked exceptionally well. i effectively 'cured' myself of 'error' and brought myself back to myself; a psychological healing for want of a better description. as a result, i now know that 'pattern', the pattern of dis-ease and illness, and also its solution pattern. one of the (many) things i do in my every day life, is help people through that process of self-healing, if they are on that journey, and if they ask, give them assistance towards seeing their own pattern and discovering their own self-truth.

as patterns can be transpositional ie. truth is truth whatever the medium it is expressed in, what i have discovered is that the basic principles and pillars of truths, be they expressed in mathematics, quantum physics, language and meaning and dialects etc, art, music, science etc etc. everything, at every level, from the micro to the macro, is an expression of the same thing. this spiro-graphic geometry you mentioned, i see that in my mind's eye at your mentioning of it, as the DNA of truths; truths being multiplicities of course: 1, 2, 3, 5 etc etc... this is why one is able to add, as you have, additional descriptors... the interaction of two people creates this DNA spiro-geometry; a positive helix from which other positive expression can branch off. the parasite <--i have no other expression or word for what i am trying to say) which becomes attached to that DNA, subverts the purpose and energy of the exhange and lo, we get the likes of the NAS upgrade... a collapse of the torus field, as it were...

so in short, yes; yes, i 'see'; yes, i see 'it'<--whatever you wish to call 'it'). i see it. i can see. doesn't do me any good, it sets me apart, i am an aberration, even it seems amongst my own kind, speaking a language few understand. you seem to be the only other i have met or spoken with that perhaps shares or can access this parallel perspective, or level(?) of perception. i know i speak and see the world in such a different way. i am able to see truth, and it puts me at odds or in conflict with the nt world. nts like the lie, the fantasy, the distortion. i can't work out the 'why' of that yet.. i was born like this. i am merely maturing. i am joyous i have found myself, but saddened also that i am a unicorn effectively, i experience acute loneliness and isolation at the same time as quietly enjoying the beauty of a flower. i think this acuteness is part of the price of knowing and understanding.

ps. dyslexia rules me too. i am known for my 'wordsoups'. i have a linguist friend and we discuss at length the deeper structures of language. we touched on dyslexia and its evidence towards not a 'wrongness' but an insight into an 'art' of language in terms of evolution and dialect in itself. interesting. they and i will be discussing this nas site issue from a linguistic point of view in the near future, as this conversation you and i are having has kicked off something interesting in terms of the a/r relationship in language exchange and evolution.... but more on that come the time...

Polarities involve negative, positive and neutral states - you only seem to be using the negative (worth-less) and positive (worth-while) states and excluding the neutral values gradient between the two. Recall the Receptive, Protective and Projective capacities and functions of each state of the seven inter-phasic networks of the mind/body relationship? Of course, I may have misinterpreted things, but I always reserve the right to at least be entirely wrong!

no, you haven't misinterpreted. the misinterpretation lies with me and my employment and use of a term inappropriate for my needs of expression. so yes, polarities: you are right, it is not correct/incorrect. no, i'm not happy with this term i have employed either, as i am fully aware that there is the natural disposition of positive negative and that the connotations of applying a dualistic term is not really appropriate. even when i used it, it was already in my mind that it was an inappropriate descriptor, as its inherent VALUE has triple functionality (as you outline in the R, P, P = triangle, tryskelion, triquetra, yellow, F). i want to find a term/descriptor/value that more accurately expresses what i 'see'. polarity is, as you say, carries with it the inter-phasic connotation. i want something NON-interphasic, OR, something which is /inverted/???? has a scattering effect in terms of energy <---and i'm not talking entropy here, which is a natural order of energy dissipation as part of a cycle of death, rebirth etc. what i'm talking about in terms of polarity /has no rebirth/ cycle, it is perpetually NON = it is a destruction/destructive process, rather than naturally entropic end result process. it is undoing, it is breaking down, it is non-organic process. it is the dark side of the force....

if we take the perspective of mathematics for a moment to help examine 'polarity', and seek to quantify 'polarity', the term definitely does not function well in absolute terms, it possesses too much stability. i need something more..... illogical!!! inorganic!!! parasitical.... i need... arrrgh!!! i can't see it, it's there but it defies logic...

The old problems of having affairs with fantasy whilst missing or becoming separated or even divorced from reality start creeping in. The N.A.S. community leader board as of 01:33 12/07/2017 featured photographs of two people's faces rather than avatar images - mildly sketchy to say the least perhaps?

4. this what you say here, this fantasy issue you identify. yes, very much so. out of touch, is a terminology i would employ here, and draw from somatic practice the physical expression: people lose touch with real, as the practice of self-validation is unreal. they seek to touch that which does not exist. a reaching out of a hand into the void. always unobtainable. perpetually out of reach. desperation and a sense of need ever present then in the person forever reaching and grasping, and a voiceless cry "validate me, make me real in my eyes for i do not exist otherwises, let me see myself through your eyes but only perfected, not flawed, apply a filter and erradicate everything 'real', everything 'organic' and analogue, everything sinusoidal ..."  and yes,! there it is! the feedback loop! we see instantly how the effect of the embedded psychology is already at work, subverting constructive purpose towards destructive and damage ego-centric viewpoint. the focus shifts to validation of self. what a nightmare! the digitial medium co-opting and amplifying a state of psychosis, or pre-disposition for psychosis???  changing of brain-waves? hm....

and i will add a note here: that the internet, the 'aether' of the unreal, that medium, seems to amplify or act as an amplfier of the (message) negative** or rather plays upon and draws out that which may(?) already be in the human. if so, why and how, as its result is so non-beneficial.

**(? arrrgh there's that polarised terminology again, perhaps my own autistic black/white thinking point of view at work here, i need to meditate upon this to see better)

also: yes, absolutely, my suspicion is that you and I are speaking about and 'seeing' the same thing, but how we 'express' what we 'see' ie. what dialect? tone? frequency? of language/words we use/employer is purely a linguistic 'accent' for want of a better term/meaning.<---this then reflective of the 'landscape' and 'region' of personal experience, our place and space we occupy in time, our age etc. etc.

as for avatar images as evidence /of/ this worrying egocentric pattern on the nas site; again, yes, it doesn't take long, does it, for the rot to set in and the emphasis of the site, its use, to begin to be subverted. i think i touched on this in my outline in my original reply, that it would eventually become an ego-echo chamber, a void, devoid of anything constructive. much like a snake eating its own tail, a negative (? arrrgh there's that dualistic term again) process, rather than an positive cycle. process v cycle <---this opposing polarity, one is unproductive, one is productive. even a cycle has entropy, ebb and flow, whereas process in and of itself is... going nowhere, just round and round, stagnating, achieving nothing else other than its own perpetuation. it does not evolve, because it cannot accommodate variables. it is a straight line

Posed 'look-at-me' photographs really are in my opinion weirdly strange.

5. posed look at me<--- i will pause and examine this evidence (of what you instinctively/subcosciously see) and which reveals itself in your words for a moment, this truth. yes, the medium is the message, thus:- look at me, validate me, externalised viewpoint image created not for self viewed by self as expression of self, but rather as projected idea of self TOWARDS another or other person's mind. FALSE VALUE!!!

i recall now the thread on the nas site where an op was discussing their difficulties with their emerging self, and their process of struggling to shake off the false truths in light of their discovery that they were autistic. their truth was emerging, as was their consciousness. i mentioned the distortion of the mirror image given by others to the self, a fractured identity of perspective of self. you jumped in at that point, and if i recall wrote a one line response, something of the ilk: yes this is it. <---those weren't your exact words, i'm not putting words in your mouth here, but the essence of your reply was that this mirror/distortion/perception issue was where it hits the nail on the head..

in light of the above recollection, i propose the nas upgrade /is/ the distorted mirror in practice. it is a reflection in and of itself of a psychology deeply flawed and damaging in practice. at a subliminal level, in a visual sense, it is awful. it is that which i seriously have issues with, as users will be exposed to this CONFIRMATION and REPEATED MESSAGE being sent/seen/used. etc. i find it.... so wrong. so damaging. the mirror i see as:

• person-centric
  •  personae personality
  •  validation by others rather than self
  •  peer pressure rather than self-guiding and self-reflecting
  • addictive and paranoid
  • self-surveillance and self-censoring rather than self-reflecting and insightful
  • omnipresent
  • externalised perception of self rather than insightful
  • contracting energy and scattering of energy rather than expanding and renewing

thus:- there is no self, self ceases to exist and is supplanted by hive mind/dominant personality values. self is invalidated and lives in a constant state of anxious need and doubt. without constant 'feeding' or 'acknowledgement' from external sources there is no self<--this is where the addiction to keep checking social media comes into play). the ability to say to oneself "I am" and to trust that simple acknowledgement of state of being in and of oneself, to essentially BE, with no other need or want, to BE in the moment<--this no longer exists! the self ceases to exist<---what horror! so then the result is one must be constantly acknowledged to exist!?!?! ye gods!!! what new level of hell is this?!?! identity dies. individuality dies. or rather, becomes invalidated.

the mirror is fractured and distorted. the feedback (in terms of energy) is destructive - and again, i'm not talking destructive as in a natural order term here, like entropy. this is where i am seeing polarity (eek! that word again) it is an unnatural flow of energy in directional terms. it is feeding back <--how ironic that all social media is about 'feedback' - vote me up or down, validate me, rank me, feed my ego, let me live, give me purpose to live *shudders at the thought*

5. weirdly strange <---this is a "why" hiding in here. 'see' why. i 'see':- weirdly strange = not the person, the image is not the person but the bigger psychology of an egocentric pattern of paranoia, the externalised self validation pattern = no-self pattern

thus:- i look at an image /of/ a person. i cannot validate them as i make no judgement and no comparative ego validation (as i am autistic) as i do not speak that language in a visual sense. it means nothing to me. it's embedded code is meaningless. i do not function on that level. i require no feedback, i cannot give it at that level. i do not function that way.

note: my avi here is a ferret, a white one, in a circle. the connotive meaning in that visual language is defined as:-

ferret = tenacious thinker and survivor; love, love of animals; fun, frolicking; shamanic meaning of ferrets as guides, spirit guide; white, purity of spirit; circle, purity of form, simplicity, oneness

the ferret expresses that which i am at a level of being which only some people will connect to and understand. it is and acts as an expression of my personae, but only one facet of that persona, which is multitudinous. it therefore acts like a tool, but also protects me. it is not ego. it is id. my choice is based on my desire to express that which is /unseen/ rather than that which i want people to /validate/ me as. i am already ferret, in my ferretness, it is constant.

the Content/Value and the Quality/Worth of the Replies/Answers will be diminished ~ if the aspirational stability of the Self-centric 'I am as I am' characterisation; is converted to the compulsive instability of the Ego-centric 'I will be as I become' re-characterisation ~ i.e., top of the chart, most mentioned, most achievements, most followers, most friends and all that sort of pride before the fall thing.

6.  will be diminished - ina nutshell, yes. and you and i right now are not having this conversation there, are we? so QED....

also: the hubris loop/pattern - the nas will become compromised by hypocrisy.

7. accepted in full.

'Reportedly' all the comments about what could be better about the last site from Autistic people went into choosing the new site format. It was also 'reportedly' tested out by Autistic people on mobile phones for which the new format is designed. The sudden change of format with no how to use the site pages was though a complete discrimination against the regulars - who might also have been some of the testers so as to offer instruction to others regarding what was what and where; instead of all the benighted confusions and upsets that started on that fateful Wednesday.

8. it was reported - ah, there we are, the medium is the message. reported? hm. by who and to whom? forgive my scepticism, i am too old in the tooth for this bs, as it has walked past my garden gate too often and i say: if there's a whiff, and it ain't horse, it's bull... i take this perspective that as the app is driving this decision for the upgrade it is this pattern: the cigarette defining the shape of the packet...

9. accepted in full.

So like yourself with the N.A.S. types hypocrisy and condescension, I am not into it either ~ in the sense that I attend the dance but I do not dance that dance. I support people who are neurologically divergent or not, I do not support organisations, and the vast majority of people, in excess of ninety percent, are victims of normalised abuse themselves anyway ~ whether they be unsanely or insanely neurotypical or not.

10. it is this normalised abuse issue where my line has been reached. i call it my exclusion by inclusion principle, thus:- "you exclude yourself by not participating", a typical abuser tactic of pushing responsibility for the flaw/error away from themselves onto others around them. again, this is the feedback loop ego pattern at work. same as:- "some people find change difficult; try to fit in." comments, gah!!!

the emphasis on the feedback is the "you"<--this is very directed. the 'you', the individual, are the problem and exclude oneself, where the truth is that one cannot participate as there exists unconscious bias towards exclusion. it's like saying a person who can't walk excludes themselves from attending the concert because they can't climb the steps to the opera house. they are then told to 'fit in' and arrive early so they can be carried in or make other arrangements. etc etc. it's just not right...

this is why i cannot support by proxy a system which is inherently bias. i would be perpetuating that abuse of myself, i would become my own abuser.

11. again, i admire your 'tenacity', i cannot do the 'forgive bit'. i do forgive, and take the overview, but when it comes down to practical application in the field at the front line, there is a line with me where i have to say: no, not acceptable.

yes, this collective abuse is at work. the distorted mirror. i cannot support abuse by proxy, as i see it. like you, i preach what i practice. i would feel totally compromised using the nas site. and yes, i am doing my bit in saying "i have reached my limit" where the nas site is concerned.

you may find it interesting to know that following your original reply to me here, the next day i happened to be in my local organic shop and lo! the proprietor and another customer were engaged in a discussion on the very same subject you and i had been here: the upgrades in social media carrying with them not very nice effects. i mentioned you in passing, not by name or personae, but explored your contribution and viewpoint. they thought it enlightening. they also agreed, with both you and i, that all is not well in the world of 'social media' upgrades. also, and this i did find interesting, this very issue we have been exploring was aired on Radio 4 in relation to the damaging effects of social media and the embedded psychology i highlighted. so you see again, i hope, that in some quarters, there is already a shift in perception.

12. missing number, no reply required.

13. yes. agreed, but the message must not be lost. the upgrade erodes the message.

14. ah, you are walking your labyrinth, i see. yes. interesting. wise. and agreed, as i also walk heel to toe. since i become self aware of my autism, i have been able to shed much malarkey; add to that shedding of other things and i am still emerging from my chrysalis,  though slip into bad habits like rushing about at a million miles an hour, which i call my seven percent solution days... but ah! brother-mine, this case is well solved, methinks, barely a 5, and will continue to solve itself. but i am ever vigilant against that nemisistic entity that goes by the name of moriarty; i see his hand in this nas upgrade; and if not directly then indirectly, the shadow of that spider at the centre of its web. the game is on!

I have made three attempts to respond to you since you last posted Ferret, but I did away with the first one due to an error on my part, and the other two were done away with from the system memory before I was able to get them totally finished. Literary exhaustion after weeks of lost work has taken over now, but it has given me leave to write that you really do seem very much to be my twin brother from another mother, and of course - the game is most certainly on.

ugh. lost replies. the bane of the online communication process. this communication dimension is fraught with such events. hence i always put pen to paper in the first instance, then type out and save a copy, then 'post' online. the principle and framework of 'real world' dimension i carry over. i only view online dimension as similar to a post box. and we all know the anxieties surrounding putting letters in post boxes, even sticking our hands in the gap to ensure the lette r is 'in there' because we can no longer see it - where does it go?.... - and then wondering what alchemy the royal mail gets up to. i still am fascinated if i ever pass a royal mail delivery man at work with an open post box - gosh, the curiosity, but also the averted gaze slightly, as if one is tresspassing upon some collective privacy: peoples letters! so private. there is something taboo about post boxes...

as for online, that is merely energy draining. it is not 'real' or sited in the reality, but rather converted into another form of energy. once lost, it is lost - but of course energy can neither be destroyed nor created, only transferred, so if 'lost', where does it go to? is there a 'lost response' room somewhere in the bowels of the electronic realm, the equivalent of the umbrella room at the lost property kiosk at paddington station....?

but no fear. any reply from you is always a pleasure. and i totally understand the 'lost moment' of the response process: through repetition or attempted repetition the energy in the sponteneity and therefore the 'art' of the response, and its act, is lost.... time. it's all about time....

....until such time we converse again, my very best to you as always

f.

On 6/22/2017 at 9:21 AM, Deepthought said:

Hi Ferret,

The legal and general situation was resolved with an edit job.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Hi Trekster,

or anyone else that knows,

Is there an edit function on this website system at all, or is it only achievable by asking a moderator?

Just as a question though.

i dont understand your question, edit function for what? There is a thread about the new look website which would be the best place to ask.

Edited by trekster

3 hours ago, trekster said:

i don't understand your question, edit function for what?

Wording errors, spelling mistakes, and so fourth.

3 hours ago, trekster said:

There is a thread about the new look website which would be the best place to ask.

I found the thread, but as the edit function only remains viable for a short time after posting, alas, the question remains.

Under the post is there an edit button where you can click to change your posts.

On 12/08/2017 at 4:14 PM, trekster said:

Under the post is there an edit button where you can click to change your posts.

Yes, only though for a limited duration, be it until the end of the day, or however long, thereafter nothing more can be done about written errors at my point of interface. This has already been addressed on the other thread, and this problem with editing remains as stated here also.

Edited by Deepthought
The edit function worked after signing out, does it last past the end of the day?

Well, Sherlock, as far as logical solutions go, a very tidy fit in the old infinitely pieced jigsaw of logic, yet you know not perhaps that the tree population rustled in justified relief when computer technology came along with spellcheck and edit functions, as I cannot write anything generally without having to abridge it a multitude of times from complex long~form aspertechian to short-form simplis-tico-speak when explaining stuff. Twenty-two commentaries abridged down to seven, seven abridged down to one, and one up to three to produce one piece of writing, and the job is done. Fortunately I have a stand-alone self-contained PC with no outside inclinations whatsoever, as it was taken to my local trusted computer vet and given a coding snip, and I only use the word-processor on it anyway with all its multitude of so far completely irrelevant functions. Well irrelevant to me at least.

The thing about my process of writing, is that by the time I get to a finished article, I am completely and utterly in no way inclined to write anything ever again, in the short-term. 

Strangely enough, at the N.A.S., recall all the damage a leader board could achieve stuff that we were discussing, well it happened, hence I have been a bit busy of late getting peaceful vibes back on line, and I will be busy for a little while longer perhaps with the initial peace treaties among the community members. Fortunately, there has also been as a result of which several calls to do away with the leader board in a functional sense ~ which is remarkably appealing!!! 

Edited by Deepthought

milo! methinks you need to put your brain in a pickle jar. does wonders for the grey matter. and that goes for the computer too.

as for writing, i often feel that despite ideas being presented in black and white, there is always a shortfall on the receptor end. one's logic can be absolutely pure, but if read by a monkey.....

and speaking of monkey-minds - ah, the nas. yes, as i predicted, it's disappearing up with the smoke being blown up the proverbial botty over there; failure, i stated, was inevitable.... one day people will listen to me, ahhh, those will be the days.... order, peace, cats etc etc. it was obvious that the nas was going to fall victim to its decision - nt thinking at work again. i find it hilarious in the extreme that they would 'poll' now on any changes, yet say that the decision ultimately would reside with the mods. laughable. utterly laughable. i feel even more vindicated to have left that slow car crash behind and gone on foot elsewhere... good luck to you though, with your attempts to act as switzerland, but please, don't exhaust yourself; remember that the power is not in your hands to effect change there.... 

..... and it's like rats leaving a sinking ship over at nas. another person deactivating their account. i know of several individuals now who have either 'left'' or deactivated entirely. don't blame them. i won't be returning...

i think this forum would be a perfect place and alternative for the nas site. it's well structured, easily accessible - though i do find its auto explitive removal tedious in the extreme - bum!!! 

hopefully a new acorn will result in a tree...

Edited by Ferret
more pertinent information

11 hours ago, Ferret said:

milo! methinks you need to put your brain in a pickle jar. does wonders for the grey matter. and that goes for the computer too.

Explain meaning and purpose of this statement please.

meaning: joke, humour, inverted insult, use of visual metaphor in contextual terms of: historical sherlock/scientist laboratory and specimen jars, items kept in preservation and care. 

purpose: to say take care of yourself, and your computer too. don't put too much pressure on yourself. 

on anothe note: i read through the 'switzerland' posts you made on nas. your logic is sound in all cases. good call. but really, is it the responsibility of users to do the moderators jobs for them, i wonder. this is where my concern is sited. it's all a bit after the horse has bolted, and like we discussed at the beginning of this thread, the medium is the message in that the 'shell' of the nas site now amplifies the energy and distorts it... posters and contributors are now no longer answering questions, the site is no longer an information hub. i won't say what it's become except a reflection of what is.... and i'll leave it there.

there comes a point when even the most inept individual realises that death is part of life, and that attempting to resuscitate a rotting corpse leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

there comes a point when even the most inept individual realises that death is part of life, and that attempting to resuscitate a rotting corpse leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

1.) Well with the co-morbid lobotomy, necrophilia and the rotting corpse theme being somewhat premature at this stage of things, what with the proverbial necrosis currently being by far more analogous to gangrene, an amputation of sorts is though as such required, and reconstructive surgery is certainly not impossible. The N.A.S. is also learning this (for however long that may take) but denial and transference of responsibility was of course not in anyway unexpected, as is more usually the case with habitually embedded NT behaviour patterns as involve at least psychological humiliation and annihilation anyway, or of course more simply put ~ 'normalised abuse' or 'antisocial behaviour'. This I went about explaining in the "switzerland posts" as you describe them, with the present summation there in the other place being as now more relevant apparently here as follows:

2.) "N.T. society currently shares in and enforces psychological humiliation; according to the habitual and thus pervasive repercussions of generalised ageism, sexism and tribalism. The importance of being younger or older, more or less masculine or feminine, and more or less numerous and deserving of means and resources ~ depends upon the physiological humiliation and annihilation of one or more other people, or peoples.

3.) Thus as such a state of mass-psychosis exists, as being a traumatised habituation of psychological inferiority ~ involving to various extents and degrees a variable add-mixture of inferiorities, mediocrities and superiorities, which have been developing >societally< since about 1500 B.C., as  is therefore in general considered normal, and acceptable for the most part in terms of being traditional.

4.) Hence for the most part there is a pervasiveness of normalised and therefore concurrent abuse going in N.T. society, as you may or not recall happening as you grew up, and those conforming to it in the sense of having Inferior Inferiority Complex; they very much need affirmation or validation until the depravation of affirmation is ameliorated ~ just as for instance someone dying of dehydration needs progressive rehydration with fluids and minerals so as to live; for as long as that may be required. 

5.) For those who have Mediocre Inferiority Complex, they do not seem to be so dehydrated, and those with Superior Inferiority Complex - seemingly even less dehydrated. But the thing is of course that drinking the proverbial seawater and effluence of normalised abuse is both a dehydration and an intoxication of sorts; all in itself, and hence we have the addictive and unwitting nature of social abuse ~ so as to gain compassion and understanding.

6.) Being consumed by individualised elitism (as in the psyche-analytical sense of being possessed of an inferiority complex) is one way of learning what is not to be done, and as such smarting or wising up to this or growing out of it eventually is to be done by way of affirming life.

7.) Everyone then has their personal path to tread and journey to make, and every step taken is increasingly more meaningful as a comprehensive understanding of our particular types of consciousness; our particular characteristics of experience, and the specialisations of our awareness ~ as directly and indirectly corresponds with everyone and everything else in >at least< the material environment."  

8.) So as returning to your question:

On 21/08/2017 at 4:15 PM, Ferret said:

on another note: i read through the 'switzerland' posts you made on nas. your logic is sound in all cases. good call. but really, is it the responsibility of users to do the moderators jobs for them, i wonder.

9.) It is certainly not the responsibility of community members to do the moderators work for them, being that each community member is responsible for their personal interactions, and regardless of whether it is wittingly or unwittingly done in jest or not ~ antisocial behaviour (i.e. inverted insults etcetera) remains as normalised abuse however much it is characteristically dressed up or not as being otherwise. I merely address or ask then for clarifications regarding architectural ambiguities in linguistic structures that appear not to be concretely grounded, or as may be excessively abstracted, as they are rather nonsensical and counter-productive as far as I am concerned ~ which we have already discussed previously.

10.) Now as far as pressurising myself goes, your concerns are thankfully acknowledged, but are no longer relevant, as conversing with you has helped make lighter work of things regarding the nonsense of the other place, and I have also been progressively regaining my composure and maintaining my progressive gait once again anyway. So as your questioning appears to follow a "Why bother?" theme, the answer quite simply is that it is no bother for me, whereas attempting to do otherwise is.

On 26/08/2017 at 7:55 AM, Deepthought said:

Well with the co-morbid lobotomy, necrophilia and the rotting corpse theme being somewhat premature at this stage of things,

This is where our prognosis differs, milo.

On 26/08/2017 at 7:55 AM, Deepthought said:

"N.T. society currently shares in and enforces psychological humiliation

agreed. en totale... and 3. and 4. 

5. 6. 7 and 8 are accepted.

9. dear milo. i would only add that the fact that it bothers you /not/ to go there, is where my concerns lay. having been a student, for want of a better term, or rather a time served apprentice, of the 'abuse' system, i am maintaining my position that to participate in the nas debacle any further would only 'bother' me. even now, i am co-opted by peerage into a discussion regarding the shortfalls (and pitfalls) of that institution - alas there seems no getting away from the nas and it's decomposition.... what a whiff! 

touching briefly on your observances - yes, i had been aware (and am aware) that the site has the psychology embedded in it. even now, the offer of 'participating in a vote' is a classic abuse tactic - the pretense of choice, and thus the lure, for the abused to yet again engage and perpetuate the cycle of abuse by willing co-operation in the hope that the outcome will be successful. *heavy sigh* monkey traps. not very sophisticated, still ensnare effectively. 

i find the nas' approach increasingly exposes the 'indirect accountability' pattern. ie there is no direct accountability, instead there is the fog of faceless bureaucratic piecemeal to achieve the illusion of 'inclusion' and 'consultation' where none exists. one would never be able to get past the parapet, and instead remain in the killing field as those aloft looked down using their arrows in moderation.

the nas clearly is using is users to beta-test a system which should already have been tested, and insomuch as carry out a partisan social experiment at the same time. war by attrition. 

my question would be: was a consultation not already carried out? the answer of course is yes. therefore, why have another one? were the issues being raised by users not already raised? and if the answer is no, which of course it would be, then the next question is WHY. of course, if the answer if yes (issues were raised by users in the consultation process) then again WHY were they not acted upon? 

either way, yes or no, it highlights a flaw in the consultation process and furthermore, indicates the direction of the cause. UP. upline. to the decision makers.... wherein, of course, the power ultimately lays. all else is illusion. 

look to the place which cannot be seen... the hidden from view.... moriarty.... 

meanwhile, i shall enjoy the sun, the fruits of the earth of the garden - very good apples this year! - and i shall remain here, in quieter more peaceful surrounds unencumbered by the hoi-polloi

as ever, your faithful sherlock 

f.

and i see another regular bites the dust over at nas. *shakes head, goes back into burrow*