Paula

Awarded PIP

Update son was awarded pip didnt even come out to see him enhanced daily liveing basic mobility i worried over nothing the physcolgist report and diagnosis was all that was required

Congrats, i got mine on grounds of physical health problems. 

I've been turned down.

This is what the DWP said in their letter under the My decision heading:

As your needs vary, my decision is based on the help you need most days. You said you can manage taking nutrition, managing therapy or monitoring a health condition, washing and bathing, managing toilet needs or incontinence, dressing and undressing, communicating verbally and reading and understanding signs, symbols and words. I agree you can manage these activities. You said you have difficulties preparing food, engaging with other people face to face and making budgeting decisions. I decide you can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided, engage with other people unaided and make complex budgeting decisions unaided.

You said you can manage moving around. I agree you can manage this activity. You said you have difficulty planning and following journeys. I decided you can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. At your recent consultation you appeared tense however your mood was stable. You were able to effectively engage with your assessor and establish eye contact with them. You demonstrated good long and short term memory and appeared to have insight into your condition. You demonstrated good cognition and were able to give detailed answers to the questions asked. This is consistent with informal observations at your face to face consultation, how you engaged with the assessor and your mental state examination results.

Edited by Aeolienne

20 hours ago, Aeolienne said:

I've been turned down.

They are making it harder to get benefits. Given that the PIP is about money, I'm wondering why that excerpt is focusing on things that would require some kind of support worker. Is that what it was for? I know someone who got money to pay for a few hours of support work. It seems like you have to demonstrate some crisis-level of need, like you're about to try killing yourself...