ProudAutie

site working now? hi there,im from manchester

hi everyone, i am 33 and from manchester,UK.

i have been waiting to get on this site for ages,but i thought it had been abandoned as it wasnt working and nothing was visibly been seen to be done [of course that doesnt mean theres nothing going on in the background].

im a ftm transgender,im under the category of 'LFA' and for the past few years stabilised at moderate classic autism with mild learning [USA=intellectual] disability,i also have extreme anxiety and psychotic bipolar disorder and i am an autism and LD/ID activist. i also am an athlete for the special olympics and my other hobbies include animals,i have a special needs cat who is also my support cat for my challenging behavior,my anxiety and my epilepsy as well as my mood,i have a 400 litre tank of tropical fish and two bunnies,i love animals more than anything i do not recognise human beings like i do animals, to me humans are all the same shape and meaning so i treat everyone the same whereas animals are all quite unique,i have grown up with seeing humans as part of the background,zoning out into my own world continuously unless dragged out of it by an NT but in the reality i see humans as a merged part of the background, they dont mean anything to me,theyre just generic.

i have other issues like severe spinal nerve damage that were crushed while being put through over twenty hours of continuous highly rough restraint from a load of well meaning police before being sectioned into a learning disability hospital where i suffered from a lot more rough restraint from staff who were absolute scumbags.

i now have my own apartment in a supported living facility with constant care day and night and i attend a professional art studio every week for people with learning disability and i do ceramics and i draw/paint etc at home, i do special olympics training every week but an option is coming up soon to do it twice a week which im all for, and the rest of my life is a horrible blurr,i dont even see it.

i like music,i like chillout and classical music but also like metal such as dream theater,kill switch engage and throwdown.

i know everyone says this but i really do hope i have not bored anyone as i have a thing where i waffle on alot as my mind cant filter itself,i am not one of those people who leaves a intro post i will stick to the forum.

thankyou very much.

PS.i would love it very much if any one could check out my blog,i would also love to swap blog roll links with others who blog about autism and related conditions,i would just love to have some blogging friends thankyou my link is: https://autieemlyn.wordpress.com/

Edited by ProudAutie

hello proudautie

yes, this site has been down recently - a tech glitch which the tech faeries have fixed by the looks of it *leaves faerie snacks* please don't feel discouraged if this site is quiet, or you think no-one is responding to your post etc. because of reasons 'other'. 

also this site is quiet, but as autistics we tend to be that way unless we are on a subject, so there are flurries of activity etc. occasionally. there is also the NAS forum, where people occasionally post/share/or offer help to others, including families etc. there are rules there however about giving out personal informatione etc, so do familiaries yourself and read the rules there if you choose to try it out...

i love all animals too. and nature. i have a cat too.  do pet 'mr shadow' your cat in greetings for me. 

a pleasure to meet you.

On 6/4/2017 at 0:09 AM, Ferret said:

hello proudautie

yes, this site has been down recently - a tech glitch which the tech faeries have fixed by the looks of it *leaves faerie snacks* please don't feel discouraged if this site is quiet, or you think no-one is responding to your post etc. because of reasons 'other'. 

also this site is quiet, but as autistics we tend to be that way unless we are on a subject, so there are flurries of activity etc. occasionally. there is also the NAS forum, where people occasionally post/share/or offer help to others, including families etc. there are rules there however about giving out personal informatione etc, so do familiaries yourself and read the rules there if you choose to try it out...

i love all animals too. and nature. i have a cat too.  do pet 'mr shadow' your cat in greetings for me. 

a pleasure to meet you.

thankyou for posting ferret,i will stick with you guys, im on aspiescentral which is quite quiet i prefer these smaller communities anyway.  ive used the NAS forum i think, or it could have been the mencap forum,whichever one it was-i was followed there by a bully who used my old blog to fake learning disability and severe autism,his bullying created such an overwhelming powerful result in me that i was sectioned for extreme challenging behavior 5 years ago and i still see the individual now trying to garner sympathy using mine and other peoples writings;word for word as his own experience,my old residential home wouldnt get the police involved as they felt itd make their service look bad to potential parents coming to visit. sorry i should not have waffled on about something else, i am very manic at the moment and suffering badly with flashbacks to the bullying. 

i shall give mr shadow extra chin rubs for you,its his favourite spot or behind the ears on his head, or if you would like i can give him some aldi chicken/cheese treats for you, he loves them obsessively.

ferret,can i ask how did you get your ferret avatar in place? i was trying for ages to get one in place and it gave some errors.

im not usually this useless with foruming. is that your ferret by the way? he is super gorgeous. i got to hold one at the national pet show in manchester a couple of years ago,i was wheelchair bound and he just cuddled up on me,i would love a ferret,my dads uncle hunted with ferrets when he was alive,im not to much a fan of that idea though. :P 

ive just checked to get the error,it says i have to have 0.1mb to get an avatar,thats impossible isnt it?

[[[[edit[[[

awesome,ive just found out how to do it,i found a few small images of mine on my old laptop which my dad uses so ive used one of myself with one of my chickens that i bred myself,she is called temple [after temple grandin].

Edited by ProudAutie
forgetful, waffling

no problem, proudautie.

no, the avi is not my personal ferret - i chose the avi because the shape and the spirit animal representation of my inner ferret-like nature.

to change your avi--->: go to profile. where the avi is on the left hand side, you will see a small square box. if you hover the cursor over that small box you will see is is the 'profile photo'. click to select the profile photo. you then have options: photo type --> upload photo & with that 'choose single file' <---it is important to get the size of the file correct. so check that the image you wish to upload isn't too large. the maximum file size is 0.1mb. the type of file is also important, as the density of the image will make the file size larger. either drag and drop the file image you want to upload, OR, you can select 'choose single file'. if you select choose single file, this should then automatically open your 'download' folder on your device/computer, and you can select your image file from there. 

i did have to try several times to upload an image as there were goblins and gremlins in the process. if you have any difficulties at all, just contact LUFTY - you will find his details here--> 

Hi, Everyone. My name is Alexa Anthony. I'm Live in US (Chicago). I am from South Africa and in the US studying and doing the job in one NGO as a volunteer nurse. My niece who is only 12 years old last year diagnosed as having Aspergers. So from that time I am trying to connect with people and online community.

I hope this forum and people will help me providing initial information and important tips.

Edited by trekster

On 6/6/2017 at 7:57 PM, Ferret said:

no problem, proudautie.

no, the avi is not my personal ferret - i chose the avi because the shape and the spirit animal representation of my inner ferret-like nature.

to change your avi--->: go to profile. where the avi is on the left hand side, you will see a small square box. if you hover the cursor over that small box you will see is is the 'profile photo'. click to select the profile photo. you then have options: photo type --> upload photo & with that 'choose single file' <---it is important to get the size of the file correct. so check that the image you wish to upload isn't too large. the maximum file size is 0.1mb. the type of file is also important, as the density of the image will make the file size larger. either drag and drop the file image you want to upload, OR, you can select 'choose single file'. if you select choose single file, this should then automatically open your 'download' folder on your device/computer, and you can select your image file from there. 

i did have to try several times to upload an image as there were goblins and gremlins in the process. if you have any difficulties at all, just contact LUFTY - you will find his details here--> 

hi again ferret thankyou for your help!

7 hours ago, Alexa1994 said:

Hi, Everyone. My name is Alexa Anthony. I'm Live in US (Chicago). I am from South Africa and in the US studying and doing the job in one NGO as a volunteer nurse. My niece who is only 12 years old last year diagnosed as having Aspergers. So from that time I am trying to connect with people and online community to get information related to this disease. 

I hope this forum and people will help me providing initial information and important tips.

hi alexa1994,i will help you in any way i can and its great to see a family member actively seeking support for their niece,the internet is great in that aspect.

i hope i do not offend you but aspergers or any other form of autism are not categorised as a disease as you are born with it and it is a different neurotype as opposed to something that develops and gets worse progressively, aspergers syndrome is also known as high functioning autism and ASD is now moving towards being called ASC [autism spectrum condition] gradually as 'condition' better describes us than a medical disorder.

i recommend reading the book 'neurotribes' which gives a healthy outlook on the spectrum,as opposed to seeing us as dead weights on society.

ProudAutie - sounds like you may have had a difficult time. I know what you mean about animals - my cats are far easier to deal with than humans. Interesting that you have that wide musical interest. I'll listen to Jazz and Classical as well as some quite extreme metal music...

On 09/06/2017 at 7:26 PM, ProudAutie said:

hi alexa1994,i will help you in any way i can and its great to see a family member actively seeking support for their niece,the internet is great in that aspect.

i hope i do not offend you but aspergers or any other form of autism are not categorised as a disease as you are born with it and it is a different neurotype as opposed to something that develops and gets worse progressively, aspergers syndrome is also known as high functioning autism and ASD is now moving towards being called ASC [autism spectrum condition] gradually as 'condition' better describes us than a medical disorder.

i recommend reading the book 'neurotribes' which gives a healthy outlook on the spectrum,as opposed to seeing us as dead weights on society.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you that condition is a better description to describe autism. I find it is likely to move services away from the fact that some of us still struggle to get the help we need. To dismiss autism as a condition like blue eyes is I fear is just denting the fact that autism can be a disability. Disabled by society is what I mean rather than us being defective. 

Haven't read neurotribes yet. I do run a neuro diverse support group in my spare time. 

4 hours ago, Ivan McIn said:

Asperger's can be utterly disabling, far more than some people think, and the only "cure" is to learn to live with it.

There are other things we can do to make life easier for ourselves like finding autistic friendly spaces, going off gluten and dairy. There are some folk who believe chelation and other treatments can help their or their childs autism.