Sign in to follow this  
dekaspace

Venting over argument with bully online.

Ok so I started a simple discussion on a website I mentioned before, que one of the regular guys who loves to think hes clever saying his was X opinion, I ask him to explain why and just got back "because its my opinion" so I give him a few questions to why he thinks that trying to be careful what I say as this guy always twists things and he still did that challenging my opinion as wrong and trying to get across only his opinion is right, and saying what I found mildly offensive opinions till eventually I said he was stirring things and he was like "no im not, I demand an apology" and how I was the one stirring as I couldn't handle other peoples opinions even when they were valid (shows the attitude he has) each time trying to make himself seem to be more and more morally superior.

I have been very ill the last week and had enough and threw my keyboard at screen shattering it, so now have a broken screen due to this guys attitude.

I did get agressive back and said im blocking further communication with him and some colourful words, im expecting him to justify that as me being a terrible person and him calm and intelligent.

Unfortunately, I've had my work cut out for me with online imbeciles too. There's not much you can do besides getting a new alias, because things that happen in a virtual environment are hard to report, unless you know who the person is who is pestering you. Even then, local law enforcement rarely act on reports and if the person lives overseas, expect to fork out a lot of cash finding a lawyer. I know it's hard to stop Internet harassment completely, as I also tried to pinpoint who was causing this abuse, and gave up hope. I've been put through stressful situations too.

One guy follows me around forums, puts my videos on torrent sites, edits Wikia pages about me, adds films I'm in on other databases, and harassed me on a forum a few months ago, where I was even unfairly banned, just because he asked them to. Without any moderators, the administrator just got rid of me to shut him up, but he returned anyway, because he probably suspected I'd try to post there again with a different account. He knows where to find my videos even if I don't publicly list them on YouTube, because of where they are embedded. He knows what things I like to talk about too, which is why he found me on so many other sites and started harassing me even more. Well, I know what state he lives in, but I'm not in America. He lives in New Jersey. 

The police need to act on complaints, every single time something occurs, because small amounts of abuse can quickly expand.