pookie170

The Batcave

I have a mobile phone, but usually have it switched off. I carry it in my bag and it's there for me to contact others if necessary, I'm nototrious for not being contactable on my mobile.

*Sigh*

Flo' :D

My kind o' gal ! :lol::lol::lol:

A few years ago I had a big row with my brother... He was ALWAYS moaning at me because I never had my mobile phone switched on... I used to say, well what were you trying to phone me for, and he'd say, to ask.... and i'd then say, well you've asked me! Why did we need the mobile phone? His problem was I wasn't 'there' when the idea entered his head to phone me... he didn't like leaving a message on the answer phone (and I would call him back) OR waiting until i got in and phoning back then...

After about fifty such conversations I finally chucked my mobile phone in the bin and said "there you go - now you need never be annoyed by me not answering it again!"

I have since bought a new one (for school emergencies) but the �10.00 credit i put on it at the time of purchase lasted eighteen months!

AND........ I think if you see a driver using a mobile phone you should be able to force them off the road and into a ditch, and when the police come they give you a twenty quid finders fee and cart the offender off for a good 'old fashioned' cautioning ;)

L&P

BD :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Shameful admission coming up.................

I spotted a mobile phone today in town.... It is also (wait for it......) an mp3 player and, AND has a DAB radio...

A DAB radio? What does that play - SOLE music??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahahahahahahah - I am sooooooooooooooooo funny :lol::lol::lol:

DAB/SOLE!! :lol::lol::lol: oooo, i am a caution! :clap::clap:

sides are splitting...... dab/sole..........

I'll get me coat........................ :(:whistle:

BD

passes badders his coat...and hat.

what is DAB radio? now i feel old. i would ask teenage daughter but she aint in

DAB... now don't knock it :shame:

Haven't the first clue what DAB actually is but I DO know it means I can tune immediately into 5 live at bedtime without crackles... :ph34r:

I'll get me duvet.... :D

Flo' B)

OOH, I've got one in my kitchen. I love it. But it's always about 3 seconds behind the analogue radios in the rest of the house - it's quite weird. I'm sure your husband would know the technical reason for that, Nellie. :)

K x

Kathryn,

Here's the reason. I'm just amazed you know your radio is three seconds behind! :o

One of the slightly annoying things you may notice about digital radio and TV, is that there's a slight time delay in the digital transmissions - sometimes up to a couple of seconds. This can be a pain if you are listening to a digital service with an analogue service in another room,or you're using the BBC pips to set your watch.

The delay is due to the way channels are combined together (multiplexed) and compressed - it's one of the limitations of having a system that can squeeze loads of channels onto a single frequency. Your digital radio is receiving the encoded and compressed signals an using an onboard microprocessor to decode the incoming data and convert to audio - something that doesn't happen with standard analogue radio.

I believe DAB stands for Digital Audio Broadcasting, it's a digital radio. Hubby's radio mad!

Nellie xx

so it's not for the little flat fishy's then? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! no fair!!

Actually, I think it IS DAB in the fishy sense and that 3 sec delay kathryn mentioned is because of the water density slowing it down... It's all they ever listen to at the 'enchantment under the sea' disco, and many a cockle has pulled a mussell in time to its timeless rhythm :P;)

L&P

Now I wonder which one of those last two explanations is the right answer.. :huh::lol:

Thanks nellie, I'd always wondered about it.

I have radios in every room in the house, but alas only one digital and they're always on at the same time, that's why I always notice the delay. I know what's happening on the Archers before it happens. :lol:

Now I wonder which one of those last two explanations is the right answer.. :huh::lol:

Oooooo...........an idea for a new game. This could be the The Batcave version of 'Call my Bluff'???

Annie

:D

Oooooo...........an idea for a new game. This could be the The Batcave version of 'Call my Bluff'???

Annie

Now I love that idea, but would people play fair, or would they google? :angry::angry:

L&P

OK, Boho Bid :dance: will start the ball rolling with...

Zeugma

1. A unique military rank from the British Army in India, used by the Gurkhas, roughly equivalent to a Colour-Sergeant.

2. A linguistic term to describe two unassociated objects using the same verb in a sentence.

3. The technical term for the sphincter in the gall bladder, preventing the escape of bile.

(NO CHEATING,NOW!!)

WHAT????? Really????????????? :blink::blink:

Never won anything in my life....... i'm coming over all Gwyneth...... :crying::crying:

I clearly didn't give this too much thought......... i have to come up with one now????!! :huh:

Yikes - give me five (hours............. :rolleyes: ).........

Got one... got one! :dance: (But no googlin' - that's what i did to find my word!! :lol: )

Wayzgoose

1) A wayward person

2) An ancient form of kiss-chase

3) Annual outing (or dinner) of employees, especially of printing firms

:ph34r:

Edited by smiley

Got one... got one! :dance: (But no googlin' - that's what i did!! :lol: )

Wayzgoose

1) A wayward person

2) An ancient form of kiss-chase

3) Annual outing (or dinner) of employees, especially of printing firms

:ph34r:

2 again? trying to be logical, and thinking of 'goose' as in peck on the cheek (or pinch on the bum!) and gooseberry = chaperone...

any good??

Like the new avvy BTW - hubba-hubba-hubba ;)

L&P

BD

Nope!

:P It's the last.......

"1. Dictionary of Difficult Words - wayzgoose 84.10%

Index A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z wayzgoose n. annual outing or dinner of employees, especially of printing firm. � From the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia. Helicon Publishing LTD 2006. All rights reserved. ... "

Does that mean i have to go again??? :unsure:

Yerse! get googling!

(Thinks: this is a good way of keeping smiley tied up 24/7... just keep getting the answers wrong and she'll be flitting between here and 'the dictionary of difficult words' from now until Christmas :clap::devil::devil::clap: )

heeheehee

.... I'm SURE someone will get the next one, hen, and then it will be their go

(snigger snigger)

L&P (chuckle chuckle)

BD :D>:D<<'>

Smiley tied up 24/7........................ :devil::devil::lol:;)

:P Ok............. be back in a mo.............. *grumble, grumble, grumble.............* :angry:

I'm not doin' the next one - so there!! I will have the mother of all strops :P

Horripilation

1. The medical term for your hair standing on end, presumably from 'horror' and 'pile'.

2. Napoleonic era Admirality description of fitting clocks to aid in navigation by sextant on sailing ships ('Horology and pilot').

3. The surveyors' term for marking out an area with stakes. From the Latin 'Pilum' (a spear) ...Roman legions marked out their marchings camps with spears, prior to construction.

:jester: (pretending to be Boho! :dance: )

The Horologist in me yells two....

But my can of depilatory cream (don't ask!) says 1.............

so 1 it is (Tish, piffle and tosh, would that it were, would that it were...)

?

BD

Right: And waiting for the rectangle to rotate (tish piffle) our next word, in all it's splendiferous wonder is....

Acetabuliferous:

1) Furnished with fleshy cups for adhering to bodies, as cuttlefish, etc.

2) Having a sharp or astringent odour. Vinegar-like.

3) Of bullish or bullying demeanour. Pushy and loud.

Over to you, Frank...

Comports himself as Robert Robinson...

"Ah yes, I feel we are supposed to be drawn to 'acetic acid' here and think 'vinegar'; but I fear this 'vinegar' is just another example of BD's 'Attic Salt' (smiles in a smugly overeducated way at the camera) and I will therefore plump for Baddad's adhesive fleshly accoutrements :o and choose option 1"

:jester:

(Laughs to camera, replaces glasses and smiles. Ting of the bell)

"And the next word is ....SENCO"

Is it

1) A dedicated education professional with a passionate interest in maintaining quality access to the curriculum for all children, regardless of special needs.

or

2) A person who seeks an additional responsibiltiy point and extra payment for work subsequently avoided.

or

3) A person with no medical qualifications who nonetheless fails to recognise special needs whilst at the same time diagnosing parents as "Pushy" or "Neurotic" or "Pushy and Neurotic".

????????????????

Over to you teams

:jester: