Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

mmr

Just wondering, my daughter had all her immunisations as a baby/toddler. And i remember on one such occasion when she was a tiny baby, that she seemed to tatally zonk out immediately after she had her injection. You know you have to wait in the waiting room for 15 mins after injections, well i went back into see the doc, because of the way she zonked out straight away.

I wonder if this has any bearing on her asd (if diagnosed)

Julie

My eldest (now in his 20s) went down with severe ear infections within hours of his first 2 vaccinations. Doctor said it was coincidence but I'm not so sure. He went on to be hyperactive. (But would suddenly zonk out regularly).

I remember that they asked if he was allergic to eggs before the first vaccination. He hadn't had an egg at that time, but they went ahead anyway. Found out since that some injections had chicken tissue as one of the other ingredients, don't know if some still do, but it probably accounts for the question about egg allergy.

My daughter and second son aren't vaccinated. (But then his problems were triggered by fluoride. :blink:) Vaccination and fluoride together...? Don't even want to think about it. :hypno:

With what I've read about it, and my own experience, the risks to our family outweigh any possible benefit.

Hi all after advise again

Char is due his booster for MMR in six months and we don't know what to do.He have his first MMR jab and I don't belive his ASD was anything to do with the MMR but I am also not conviced that it can't make his ASD worse.

Any advise or personal views to share please?

Lisa x :unsure:

Edited by lisann

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

I have to rush, but please read my posts about MMR and what it did to my son.

There is one post in General Discussion "My son had a reaction"MMR have a look at the other Help & Advice, I think there are a few others too.

Regards

Hailey :shame::unsure:

Guest hallyscomet

Hi

Please read my post in General discussions about the reaction my son had to MMR

Regards

Hailey :shame::unsure:

Hello there we have a 3 year old autistic son that is due for the following jabs mmr2, tetanus booster 1,polio booster 1, pert booster 1, dip booster 1. We are not happy for Liam to have the mmr2 as we feel that was the trigger for his autism. I phoned my gp yesterday and spoke with the nurse about Liam not having the mmr2 and she said they are combined injections its all or nothing, but I have since spoke to my Hv and she said they are 2 seperate injections so he can have the others but not the mmr2, the nurse was objecting to this and said if thats what we wanted we had to go private and she was very anti against the research that Doctor Wakefield had done. Have any other parents avoided giving the mmr2 and only allowed the other jabs to be given.

A and A

Yes we did, but for different reasons. Logan had the first MMR jab but he was already being diagnosed before it was given so it in no way caused/triggered his autism.

But, in between the first and his boosters he had suspected measles so he had bloods sent off to the DoH who confirmed his immunity so in my mind we had no need for the booster as the first had worked and I didn't want to be giving injections for nothing. I discussed this with our GP and the nurses and they were quite happy with that and to just give him his DTP.

Lynne x

Hi -

Nothing to do with the MMR thing at all, but in your position I'd be ripping the practice nurse a new 'hem hem botty-hole. Her feelings about AW's reseaarch are irrelevant - it is not her job to make decisions on behalf of a patient, however strong her convictions, and it is certainly not acceptable for her to lie (or, being kind to her, 'mislead') a patient to impose her convictions upon them.

As far as the decision for/against MMR that has to be yours, and it's a double edged sword whatever angle you grab it from.

Hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

It is 2 separate jabs, they usually give one in each arm. Dd3 didn't have MMR2 [or 1 for that matter], because she had seperate vaccines, had to go private though. She still had the DTP or whatever they call it, at the Gp's. My nurse questioned it but I had already discussed the situation with the Gp so I just told her to read the notes. Your nurse is just being awkward, stick to your guns you don't have to have both it is up to you!! B)

Hi all just had a very interesting conversation with a nurse from my gp surgery yesterday asking us to make a appointment for Liam to have his mmr2 and dpt jab I told her we were not allowing Liam to have his mmr2 but were happy for Liam to have the dpt jab which I was told by another nurse that this was not possible as it was a combined injection, the nurse yesterday said that the jabs are single not joint so we are going ahead with it on Friday, so keep fighting for what you want and don't always accept what you are told first time round.

A and A

Of course it is your choice and it should be respected but I wanted to make sure that you know that there is not and has never been any evidence to suggest that MMR is harmful to a child let alone that it could change anything for a child who is already autistic (except for protecting them from some potentially fatal diseases).

Whoever told you that it is just a single injection for all 6 vaccines was lying - I can't imagine why someone would do that especially when it is so easy to check!

Hope it goes okay whatever decision you make.