Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

New Forum - Problems and Suggestions

Dear All

On behalf of the hosts and moderators, may I welcome you to our new home :D

We really hope the new hosting arrangements and upgraded software will provide a stable and reliable home for the forum.

This is obviously a MAJOR change for the forum and initial teething problems will be inevitable, but worthwhile for the long term gain.

The new platform and forum software gives us greater flexibility and functionality, which we plan to introduce once the forum has settled down a little, for example the introduction of a chat room.

Your patience during this period of upheaval is greatly appreciated.

Please use this thread to post any issues or suggestions you have for the forum.

Finally, please accept this forum as our krismas present to you all ! :bat:

Kind regards

Elefan, Kris, Lufty, Nellie, Baddad and Bid

The Forum Hosts and Moderators

I feel a little bit nervous of the change..........I know it is necessary though!

I feel a little bit nervous of the change..........I know it is necessary though!

Hi Kirstie

Please do not worry about the change. Over the next few days we will make the forum as similar to the previous one as possible.

Kind regards

Lufty

Lufty,

will the logo be changed as both the blue shades are different?

Will an arcade mod be added?

Very quick change over tonight. :D

Lufty,

will the logo be changed as both the blue shades are different?

Will an arcade mod be added?

Very quick change over tonight. :D

Tell us about it... and a few worrying moment but its all working now.

Lufty is working on the logo but expect a logo competition to hit the forum shortly.

Kris

Edited by Kris

Just got my first error, while trying to post this on the forum change thread - it said that some files were missing :hypno:

Try again...

Well, that would explain it. You axed the thread :oops:

It's possible to give the person the choice of skins in their CP,rather than just having the default.

Ooh ooh ooh! Is this feasable? :pray:

Cos (depite earlier postings :whistle: ) I don't like to complain, but to my eye the grey-blue of the new skin isn't as bright and friendly as the turquoise-blue with small splashes of colour (the buttons) of the old one.

Edited by littlenemo

Tell us about it... and a few worrying moment but its all working now.

Lufty is working on the logo but expect a logo competition to hit the forum shortly.

Kris

:lol:

Had you been gradually transferring the files,or was the complete transfer done tonight?

I have seen transfers and upgrades take over a week to complete,and was not expecting to see Krism back up tomorrow,very good work to all of you. :D

Ooh ooh ooh! Is this feasable? praying.gif

Cos (depite earlier postings whistle.gif ) I don't like to complain, but to my eye the grey-blue of the new skin isn't as bright and friendly as the turquoise-blue with small splashes of colour (the buttons) of the old one.

It should be possible,if there isn't already the option in admin CP now,there will be a hack available to turn on the function.

Thanks for all your hard work. :clap:

Brook :notworthy:

PS whilst posting this I saw that you could add a fast reply, what's the difference from just add reply?

Sorry if thats a dense question. :unsure:

Hi Brook

The fast reply is a quick way of replying to forum postings. It gives you fewer options but enables you to post replies quickly.

Kind regards

Lufty

Ohhhhh - it's all shiny and new!

Thank you for our crimbo pressy - i know santa's elfs must have worked very hard :clap:

Girls - Think this means we can start to decorate - anyone for curtain shopping?? :lol:

Finally, please accept this forum as our krismas present to you all ! :bat:

Sorry - not good enough... I told you I wanted a bottle of JD and Kristana Loken's new unlisted phone number...

That's it! You've ruined my Christmas

I made it over here.....had problems could,nt remember password.....AOL...probs...can,t cut and paste(what ever that is :huh: )........but I,m here...at one point thought I might have to change my user name...that would have confused ya!..........new forum looks brill...thanks guys :clap:

Ive been dropping in all morning having a read, Ive only just noticed the different ranking terms,

I am now called a lieutenant, also some members have where they are from, have they been there

all morning? :rolleyes:

Brook

I noticed that there were a couple of people who had problems finding the new site.

Is there any way you can put a link to the new site on the old one? iykwim?

I noticed that there were a couple of people who had problems finding the new site.

Is there any way you can put a link to the new site on the old one? iykwim?

there should be a link from www.krism.org.uk and ww.krism.org.uk/asp

Any idea who has had problems?

there should be a link from www.krism.org.uk and ww.krism.org.uk/asp

Any idea who has had problems?

Ummm :oops: me!

And I thought I saw that Suze had a few problems too.

BUT, I went into the old forum by my bookmark which took me to a 'login' screen. (my bookmark usually takes me to the Forums page and not the home page)

Just thought that if I had problems maybe others would too.

Would there be a way of putting a link or a 'We have Moved' note where the old forums used to be? (if you know what I mean)

Looks good - would have been useful to have had an automatic link from the old site but no worries just went via the email instead.

Now bookmarked :D

Daisy

Hey - I'm a Lieutenant too :clap:

Poor old Kris he just stays Forum Co-Host - Can't you give yourself another name like President of the AS world!

Looks good - would have been useful to have had an automatic link from the old site but no worries just went via the email instead.

Now bookmarked :D

Daisy

Hey - I'm a Lieutenant too :clap:

Poor old Kris he just stays Forum Co-Host - Can't you give yourself another name like President of the AS world!

I've found the problem - It should be resolved shortly :)

Apologies if this is in hand...........but I don't see the Jargon Buster?

Hi Nellie

This is on our list of things to do and we hope to have this back up and running this evening providing everything goes to plan :oops: Thats jinxed it :crying:

Please keep the list of issues coming and do not be afraid to point things out to us :clap:

Lufty

I've found the problem - It should be resolved shortly :)

Hi Everyone

We have been busy on this issue and think we have come up with a solution to users bookmarking various parts of the www.krism.org.uk site.

Now whenever you try to access anywhere on the www.krism.org.uk site you are redirected to the home page which then re-directs you to the www.asd-forum.org.uk home page after ten seconds.

Do not worry if you are confused - We have tested it and it appears to work but please try it for yourself

Kind regards

Lufty