Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

New Forum - Problems and Suggestions

Hi Lufty

Since I have been back posting on the Forum I do not receive replies notification :(:oops: even if I put it as a set up in the E-mail setting, anything I should do??? as I find it quite important when I subscribe to a topic.

Malika.

Hi Malika

I have sent a test email to you from the forum to see if you are receiving any emails at all. Can you let me know if you receive the email.

Many thanks in advance

Lufty

Hi Lufty

Thanks I have received your E-mail :thumbs: but still no notification even if I have subscribed to few topics??? just before the new forum was in operation I was still receiving some notifications but nothing since

May be I have been put in the under 18 lot :lol::lol: thats would make up for the next year has I will be...slightly over that :whistle:

Let me know if there is something I miss to do???

Many thanks.

Malika.

Hi Lufty

Thanks I have received your E-mail :thumbs: but still no notification even if I have subscribed to few topics??? just before the new forum was in operation I was still receiving some notifications but nothing since

May be I have been put in the under 18 lot :lol::lol: thats would make up for the next year has I will be...slightly over that :whistle:

Let me know if there is something I miss to do???

Many thanks.

Malika.

Hi Malika

Are you subscribing to a forum or tracking a topic ?

With both options the default is to send an email when you are not currently online. Therefore if you are online when a topic is updated you will not get an email. There are several options with one being to always send an email.

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

Kind regards

Lufty

Hi Lotfy

I have change the setting in "view forum" to immediate e-mail notification but it seems to come back to unsubscribe, however I have seen that I have received 2 notifications since my last post so may be it will work I will let you know.

Thank you so much for your help.

Malika.

Well I approve of the changes, particularly the upgraded forum software, even if the aesthetics still need a bit of touching-up (which of course you're gradually dealing with anyway, in part through the logo competition). And I, too, was very impressed with the speed at which it was all achieved. :) Amazed, in fact!! :clap:

So ... I'm Scottish then, if I'm "Ben Nevis". :D Gotta beat being a Lieutenant, as I was briefly, anyway. ;)

It would be nice to be able to post with all the smilies in the box visible, without having to scroll up, down, left and right to see some of them. That's a bit of a hassle that didn't used to exist.

Apologies if this is in hand...........but I don't see the Jargon Buster?

Hi Nellie

This is on our list of things to do and we hope to have this back up and running this evening providing everything goes to plan :oops: Thats jinxed it :crying:

Please keep the list of issues coming and do not be afraid to point things out to us :clap:

Lufty

Still no sign of it! :P

James

Well I approve of the changes, particularly the upgraded forum software, even if the aesthetics still need a bit of touching-up (which of course you're gradually dealing with anyway, in part through the logo competition). And I, too, was very impressed with the speed at which it was all achieved. :) Amazed, in fact!! :clap:

So ... I'm Scottish then, if I'm "Ben Nevis". :D Gotta beat being a Lieutenant, as I was briefly, anyway. ;)

It would be nice to be able to post with all the smilies in the box visible, without having to scroll up, down, left and right to see some of them. That's a bit of a hassle that didn't used to exist.

Still no sign of it! :P

James

Nope, but it's still on the list :)

Nope, but it's still on the list :)

:lol: You must hate me - I'm such a nag when it comes to techie issues! :D

James

not a techie issue I suppose but I still don't like the split between general and off topic

I've given it a while to see if I'd get used to it but I used to like the jolly mix in general discussion and the way things moved up and down so fast because there was so much going on - kept us lively - I know I can go and look at off topic but somehow I don't get there so I miss out the fun stuff

I also don't like the way something will start in general and you get used to dipping into it amongst the other stuff and then it all disappears cos someone's decided it's off topic and shifted it

sorry - I know there are supposed to be good reasons for this change but the site was more fun when we were all in it together

Zemanski

PS. Nemo is having real difficulty with the colour, the tendency more to grey than turquoise disturbs him and makes him feel depressed (I can't see too much difference myself but he is extremely hypersensitive to colour), I think he's almost stopped using the site.

Edited by Zemanski

Zemanski,

I can see your point and I'm sure you're not the only one to think this. I was the one to suggest an Off Topic section, my reasons being that new members joining the forum looking for ASD specific information and advice were possibly having difficulty finding the relative information because of the 'off topic' threads. The forum is after all and Aspergers and ASD online forum.

It would be great to have some feedback/suggestions on the subject. Maybe I haven't thought it through properly. At the moment I still feel quite strongly about my original reasons, but maybe there's a better way of doing it.

Nellie xx

I hope the techie boys can do something about the colour, we want Nemo back. :huh:

my reasons being that new members joining the forum looking for ASD specific information and advice were possibly having difficulty finding the relative information because of the 'off topic' threads. The forum is after all and Aspergers and ASD online forum.

I hope the techie boys can do something about the colour, we want Nemo back. :huh:

I know that's why the two were split and it does make sense but I'm not the only one to really miss that about the site (Auriel posted on it a while ago) and it may even be that it is one of the things that actually attracts people to the site.

There was always plenty of relevant ASC material in General and the off-topic stuff didn't drown that out but most sites don't have the lighter side quite so obviously part of the overall community and I do think it makes this site much friendlier

on Nemo, I actually hadn't realised he wasn't visiting till Baddad posted me and asked - that's how long it's been since I visited the bacave now it's of topic

Z

Zemanski,

I missed Nemo :( and you.....you went missing for a while too.

It's management's decision how the board is done. Me? I just want to please everyone or at least the majority. How do you all feel about it?

Nellie xx

I agree Zam, the forum doesn't seem to move as quickly as it did. There seems long periods of non activity. I put it down to the holidays but it hasn't picked up.

I think we should give more credit to new people, they can find what they want but they also need a bit of light entertainment to let them know we are a friendly bunch with a serious topic to discuss. After all we are all human and the light hearted side of things keeps us going at times.

On the other side if the coin, I post more things that are not relevent than I used to simply because we have two separate categories. So it's swings and roundabouts really.

Bring back Nemo. I miss him and his Avatar (what is that ball thing anyway?)

Viper.

I think we should give more credit to new people, they can find what they want but they also need a bit of light entertainment to let them know we are a friendly bunch with a serious topic to discuss. After all we are all human and the light hearted side of things keeps us going at times.

Viper.

Gotta say i agree with this one too - i liked the way things were jumbled together - it made things less clinical, if you see what i mean. I think new members may be frightened of posting in the general bit now - all seems abit more serious.

Just my opinion :rolleyes:

Shall we start a vote??

I like the split, actually and agree with Nellie on this. So many threads were being started every day on the old general discussion board and it was difficult to find important stuff - I think this way makes it easier for new people and guests to find specific information about ASD. I think having the OT board has given people more freedom to post about other things and to start more lighthearted topics.

Perhaps we just need a bit of time to adjust to it?

not a techie issue I suppose but I still don't like the split between general and off topic

I've given it a while to see if I'd get used to it but I used to like the jolly mix in general discussion and the way things moved up and down so fast because there was so much going on - kept us lively - I know I can go and look at off topic but somehow I don't get there so I miss out the fun stuff

I also don't like the way something will start in general and you get used to dipping into it amongst the other stuff and then it all disappears cos someone's decided it's off topic and shifted it

sorry - I know there are supposed to be good reasons for this change but the site was more fun when we were all in it together

The split is a good thing, if you ask me. :) But then I'm an Aspie, so I'm bound to prefer things well-organised and systematic! :D

I can see the other side of the argument though, and how pre-split there was a more obvious sense of community here. :unsure:

I'm gonna start a poll on it though, I think ... just coz it's a good excuse for me to play with the polling buttons here mainly. :lol:

I agree Zam, the forum doesn't seem to move as quickly as it did. There seems long periods of non activity. I put it down to the holidays but it hasn't picked up.

Remember some of us (e.g. me!) don't frequent this forum as often as others (e.g. you!)! :P So a slower-moving forum can be a blessing. I hate feeling overwhelmed when I've got all behind with everything. :wallbash:

James

Edited by Gordie