Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Last minute bargin time

Bought one yesterday

Really annoyed at them knocking another ?10 off the cameras I bought the kids just after I bought them, law of sods I suppose. Everywhere has been selling everything off cheaper, those who plan and buy early for Xmas definately loosing out this year.

Thats exactly what I thought Phasmid, 256 USB storage are about ?20 ish aren't they so I got one for my DP to go with his Xmas pressie. That way he can store uni stuff and some music for when he's bored in lectures.

Hubby has got me one of these.Originally picked up one in supermarket the same supermarket for 40 pounds.Then we saw this guy with one in his trolley.Hubbie asked how much.When he hear he put the other one back like lightening.apparently there is very little difference between the two.Bargain or what. :clap:

They never gave us time to visit the pub between morning and afternoon lectures (barely gave us time for a wee!). Pub! Flippin' heck students today don't know they're born....(mutter mutter mutter still studying mutter mutter mutter)

256mb is awful if using it for music.

But even so,?10 is cheap (what mp3 player was it?),i'm after a 1gb SONY or Sandisk pro duo memory stick for the same use but with a psp,that'd hold 125 tracks at 8mb in size according to what i've read.

256mb is awful if using it for music.

But even so,?10 is cheap (what mp3 player was it?),i'm after a 1gb SONY or Sandisk pro duo memory stick for the same use but with a psp,that'd hold 125 tracks at 8mb in size according to what i've read.

256 MB is fine for holding about 3 albums at decent quality, much handier than an iPOD and loads emore portable than a PSP and if it gets lost/broken/stolen it's kind of annoying but it's not going to break the bank. Only takes a few mins to change the music to something else, just refreshing my 256MB player while I am typing this.

Simon

256 MB is fine for holding about 3 albums at decent quality, much handier than an iPOD and loads emore portable than a PSP and if it gets lost/broken/stolen it's kind of annoying but it's not going to break the bank. Only takes a few mins to change the music to something else, just refreshing my 256MB player while I am typing this.

Simon

256mb will hold 3 albums?

Might be tempted to get a smaller card (to save some money-?33.50 for a 512). :D

Most of my electronic music tracks (in mp3) would be over 9mb each,just worked out that'd be 28 tracks on a 256mb memory,the genre definately makes a difference,eg,masters at work tracks around or over 10 minutes long,System of a down tracks,around 3/4 minutes long.

Have ' seen the Ipod Nano up close?

That one is more in danger of being unable to spot than being too big to carry around ,looks great. :D

Re.psp.

Get deeper trouser pockets. :D

The psp and it's pouch has a snug fit in mine if they haven't got bits of rubbish in them,what do you think of the earphones sound? i think that is bad,they shouldn't have limited the sound level on them as they can't even block out outside sound and voices,plus they probably make it more obvious to a thief who is using a psp with those ear phones like ipods and their earphones.

Sorry,I realise i've gone on about something that isn't on topic/leaves thread.

Edited by TuX

I got a couple of these too, they are great, got one for myself and one for my son. I managed to get 65 songs on the 256mb memory, I'd make that probably 6 albums worth, except I went through my files and made myself a compilation.