Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Help...I did 'something'!

The trouble is I don't know how I did it or how to put it right. Somehow I have shrunk everything, text icons etc etc. I now nee binoculars to see anything. Any ideas on how to put it right would be welcome.

The trouble is I don't know how I did it or how to put it right. Somehow I have shrunk everything, text icons etc etc. I now nee binoculars to see anything. Any ideas on how to put it right would be welcome.

go to view at the top left hand corner, click on it and go to text size, click to larger... does this help??

No, not originaly. I was playing around with a video editing suite. When I came out of it everything re-set itself for some reason. I have tried display options via control panel and nothing there has helped. I'm stumped! :fight::(:tearful:

I would assume then that you have altered some setting or other within the video-editing suite.

What that was though,, I don't know, sorry!

Phasmid,

Try this.

Click on start

Choose programmes

Choose accessories

Choose system tools

Choose system restore

This will enable you to restore your computer to an earlier time.

Choose the last date (has to be a bold date on the calendar) your computer was working fine.

Just thought of something else....

Do you have a 'scroll wheel' on your mouse?

If So, then, Press CTRL at the same time as 'scrolling' your mouse wheel. Does this change your font size?

If So, then, Press CTRL at the same time as 'scrolling' your mouse wheel. Does this change your font size?

Sounds like all the most likely suggestions are already gone.

If you right click on the desktop, then choose properties

Click on the 'Appearance' tab

Does the Font size say normal? If not then it should do.

If this is ok then click on the 'Settings' tab and have a look at your screen resolution. Try setting it to 800x600 and see if that is any better.

Kris

Thanks people, it was the screen reolution. I guess the video suite reset it to suit itself and didn't re-set it to my default when I came out of it.

Glad you've got it sorted!

Didn't know about the scroll mouse bit though. I love 'em. It is horrible at work as nearly all the computers in the computer suite only have button mice and no matter how much I stroke them they never scroll :lol:

Edited by phasmid

I never knew that - it's nifty - especially as I now need varifocals .... :lol:

lol you have decressed you screen resiloution go to desk top right click on properties and go to settings there will be a slider bar on left hand side with writting above it saying screen resaloution move slider bar till it goes to 800 x 600 (that default for most computors) then click apply now adgust the bar again till you get a resiloution you are comfy with but dont go past 1254x1600

only have button mice and no matter how much I stroke them they never scroll :lol:

Is that legal :blink::lol:

Is that legal :blink::lol:

is that some sort of joke i dont understand what you mean