Sign in to follow this  
microsoft_admin

im good with computors but ...

is the card in the correct way round?..........does it need a wipe?...........has the dog been chewing it?.........is it covered in yogurt or jam?(do you have children?)

the card is the right way round it doesent need a wipe there is not yauget and jam on it (at least i cant see any) i dont hace children i am 18

Can you give us some more details about your problem? What sort of tv card are you talking about? Is it a card that fits into your computer so that you can view tv via the computer or are you talking about a viewing card that goes into a set top box?

Hmmmm - if it's a set top box one have you tried switching off the whole power system, putting the TV card into the set top box while it's switched off then rebooting the system. A bit like a computer recognising a new bit of hardwear?

Not very computer literate I'm afraid.

Daisy

It sounds like it's a TV card for a computer,rather than a STB as computer was mentioned in the title.

What TV card is it?

What is the computers' specification and operating system/s?

[Assuming it's a PCI based card]How many spare PCI bays does the computer have?

If more than 1 bay spare,try the card in each,and boot up after each try-to see if it's detected,are there any errors? any crashes? if successful,does it accept the cards' drivers?

I think I am lucky to have the ageing ATI radeon 9200/with 256mb dedicated memory[not a lot of good that did for texture writing in GTA3 + FarCry] has a built in TV card,detected easily in some linux distros even.

it is a herman tz card i think it is called haupage (something like that)

it is a digital tv card (supsidly able to get all free view channals on it)

it is pci based

(my graphics card got built in tv thingy on it but the graphic caed dont got the arial port)

i have a X64bit cpu but my windows is 32bit

problem used to me some stupid error msg kept coming up

now problem is i cant get any channals on it at all)

i have tried fixing this prob myself tried everything i can think of from reinserting the card to cleaning the solder tracks on the card

the tv card was brought from EZ computors wich is a very stupid shop as they dont know much about computors (hell i prob know more about computors then ez<but not with coding tv cards and svr's lol)

i have asked on sevral difrent sites about this prob and the only possible soloution i keep being given is to buy a 32bit cpu (wich is not practical and not an option)

i dont watch a lot of tv

but would like to get this tv card working as the only rea

son i dont watch tv is i am on the computor 18/7 (i think that right i sleep and then spend whole day on computor every day)

also i got new prob as well

windows media player keeps given me and error saing internal system hardware falior please see system documentaion for details on error code 22X45C880

well i checked every componenet in my computor (including the chips on the mobo) and there is nothing wrong with the hard ware (except my tv card wich dont work lol) in my system and the system documentaition has a mention of this error code saying please contact microsoft software validation department well i rung them and they telling me to contact microsoft hq for investigation

well microsoft hq is not in uk

and first thing is i dont have a clue how to do internatinal calls second thing is my mum would nevor allow it

if any one else has receved this error code and maniged to fix it plz let me know

the system documentaition has a mention of this error code saying please contact microsoft software validation department well i rung them and they telling me to contact microsoft hq for investigation

well microsoft hq is not in uk

and first thing is i dont have a clue how to do internatinal calls second thing is my mum would nevor allow it

Can't really help you, except to say that I'm sure there's a Microsoft headquarters in the UK too. :unsure:

In fact a look at the "Contact Us" page on Microsoft's UK web site will tell you all you need to know ...

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/contactus/phone/default.mspx

:)

James

Edited by Gordie