Sign in to follow this  
nellie

First ever reduction in autism diagnosis in

14/07/2004

First-ever reduction in autism diagnoses in California appears to reinforce theory of link with mercury poisoning

SACRAMENTO, California, USA: According to information released on July 14 by the California State Department of Developmental Services (DDS), California's developmental services system has just experienced the first ever nine-month sustained reduction in the numbers of professionally diagnosed new cases of full-syndrome autism being added to California's developmental services system.

The data compares new intakes from the most current three consecutive quarterly periods (October 2003 through to June 2004) to all other previous October-to-June time periods.

Not only did the most recent three consecutive quarter periods produce the first sustained reduction in the 35- year history of California's developmental services system (197 fewer new cases of autism then the previous October- June period), but the most current recently completed quarter, April 2004 to June 2004, produced the all-time largest reduction of any quarter (108 fewer cases) in the history of the system.

DDS reports only professionally diagnosed cases of full-syndrome autism, as classified by DSM IV, and does not include PDD, NOS, Asperger's syndrome or any other autism spectrum disorder in this reporting category.

The numbers reported by DDS do not include children under the age of three years old.

Historically, the four- to six-year-old age group dominate the new intake population. Within the past few months, for the first time, children born in the years 1999 and 2000 are now entering the system.

What makes this historic development of this very recent reduction in new cases of autism so important is that those children from the birth cohorts of 1999 and 2000 are now entering the system. First with the year 1999 and much more so with year 2000, these are the widely recognised first two years of the beginning of the serious effort substantially to reduce the amount of the mercury-containing preservative, Thimerosal, in childhood vaccines.

California, with the world's best record keeping system, is the de facto "canary in the coal mine" in tracking new cases of autism. In 1999, the first DDS report on autism claimed to have established for the first time the existence of a growing autism "epidemic." A report released by DDS in 2003 documented a doubling of the autism caseload from 1999-2002.

Recently published ground-breaking research, initiated and funded by the University of California, Davis, M.I.N.D. Institute, and conducted by Dr Mady Hornig at Columbia University, established a biological mechanism in an animal model that combines genetic susceptibility and Thimerosal poisoning which results in behaviour in the animal model very similar to human autistic behaviour. Autism-like brain pathology was also discovered in these animals.

It is hoped that any more of these independent studies currently being conducted at the M.I.N.D. Institute and at other facilities around the world will shed more light on the viral/bacterial/toxin interaction with genetic susceptibilities in the coming months.

(Source: California State Department of Developmental Services, July 14, 2004)

HAH!!

Vindication!!!

Thanks, Nells, I'm glad you posted that, perhaps my brother will listen to me now!!!!

Any future vaccinations, I will definitely ensure they are free of Thimerosal, as I believe some stocks containing this preservative are still kicking about in the UK!

Wotta gem!

Esther x

Helllo all, tis me - Yes ASM is back in da house - did someone mention vaccination????????

Sorry have not posted in a while but both my computers died a death one with nasty virus and memory problems on the other! (Mind you if they offered vaccination for my computer I would have to think twice - -perhaps get the virus done separately LOL) - I'll stick with my new Norton Antivurs thanks - pity could not give it to my kids!)

Well, lets just hope this is the start of things to come and that autism rates start to drop. I am glad that mercury was taken out of DPTs, you do have to specifically ask for it in the UK but it is avaialble, be prepared for an argument though, as to why you think your child should have it, but it is available.

I just wish that the UK kept central register for ASDs. I have had the report from my local Children's Disability Register, ASDs have mushroomed (and those are just the ones on the Disability Register! - there are manyothers who are not registered). There are 85 on the register in my immediate area. They are in clusters! - Perhaps it could be they are attending a local surgery?

Who knows, by the way I have been emailing Professor Jean Golding, Bristol university who has been commissioned to do a study on autism with a database of 14,000 children that were born in the 90s.

I appealed to her to look into the subject of vaccination and carry out clinical trials on children who have reportedly regressed or developed atypical autism, she was really nice but she she said it was to be an epidimological (statistical) study of the existing database trying to ascertain any patterns.

I just hope that patterns emerge (god forgive me for the poor children affected) but questions are raised which prompt further clinical studies to try and ascertain the causes of autism -whatever it is! Many doctors/professionals on the British Medical Journal agree there is an environmental influence which is causing the rising number of autism (1 in 86) but nnoone yet knows what it is. My argument is why arent adults developing autism then, surely if it was something environmental adults would be developing problems (perhaps not as severely as chlldren) but there would be certain susceptible adults who would show effects - it has to be something that is done only to children, of course heavy vaccination schedules do spring to mind!

One day the truth will be revealed in themeantime I am going on a demonstration on 26th at Royal Courts of Justice and a Safety Talk on MMR locally on 21st - I have many questions to put to the Immunoligist - I have visiions of being arrested but hey, publicity for any causes is a good thing!

We need to find out what it is "environmentally" is causing mushrooming cases of atypical or regressive autism which results in a child who is developing as expected to suddenly regress and become severely autistic, loose ability to speak or understand verbal language with associated bowel problems - will stop here as repeatign myself!

Have been going through video footage and photographs of scottie when he was a baby. I have got him talking, pointing, responding to verbal instructions, interracting socially and giving loads of eye contact to myself as I was holding the camera and interracting with his sister, god love him there were no signs - I looked to see any but could not. I have had other mums look at the tape and they have agreed that their NT kids were doing the same thing at that age. I have video tape taken after when scottie was 17 months old and he is displaying signs, peripheral vision, hand flapping, no eye contact and you can see a few faint rashy spots on him from the rash that he developed. He also for the camera, bless him, decides to take a dump mid stride, this was then he had developed the dirroeah which doctors told me was toddler dirroeah), start of his gut problems you can also see a bump on his head where he kept falling over, his balance seemed to have been affected.

Of course this is not proof, it is proof that my son very quickly became autistic it is a record of a child becoming autistic, as I have said before the only event that seemed to precipitate the change was MMR.

But this is the story of my ittle boy, there are many others who tell a very similar story. Hopefully one day the answers will come to light and we can all rest easier with decisions we need to make as responsible parents.

Will climb down off soap box now, as its looking a bit ricketety and looks as if it could collapse any minute - causing major earthquakes with after effects causing sunami sized tidals waves around the world! Opps, at least it would take my mind off the vaccination issue!

Shutting up!

Edited by CarolJ

Nells,

Further to the topic already posted Ihad this little gem sent to me today.

AUTISM-MERCURY POISONING CONNECTION appears to be confirmed...

THE "AUTISM" epidemic has exploded in the last 15 years. THIMEROSAL, the vaccine additive that was intentionally put into childhood vaccines is 49.6% MERCURY, a known NEURO-TOXIN. U.S. GOVERNMENT KNEW DANGERS.

(PRWEB) July 21, 2004 -- A national tragedy has resulted in over 120 thousand children being diagnosed with "autism", A condition that is devasting and permanent.

Federally mandated childhood vaccines contained this mercury additive until 2001, that exposed millions of children to as much as 40 times the safe level for mercury exposure as established by the E.P.A.

It has been determined that "Autism" and mercury poisoning are identical in symptoms.

The material safety data sheet (M.S.D.S) on

Thimerosal confirms parents' fears.

The U.S. Government knew the dangers for years and failed to warn or notify parents.

The Bush Administration tried to seal C.D.C. documents that proved the dangers of Thimerosal that was used in the vaccines and attempted to put in a last minute provion in the Homeland Security Bill that specifically protected the pharmaceutical industry from Thimerosal lawsuits filed by parents seeking relief for their injured children.

A new book that tells this tragic and true story is titled, MERCURY: The Winged Messenger.

Now available at all major online booksellers.

This is a must read book for all parents.

-------------------------

I am going to try and obtain a copy of the book, it sounds interesting reading!

:crying: has anyone read vaccines,autismandchildhood disorders

by neil z miller i was unable to put this book down when i got it i was so upset after i read it but i am glad i did we as parents never get to know the truth as far as chilhood vaccines are concerned i have put a small piece from the book for you to read

autism is not the only chilhood disorder that has been scientifically linked to the mmr vaccine encephalities, guillain-barre syndrome,diabetes,blood disorders,sensory impairments,immune suppression, neurological disorders and severe allergic reactions are all documented in the medical literature.

in fact the government is fully aware that mmr and other vaccines may permanently disable or kill your baby for this reason congress established a damage and death tax on chilhood vaccines when parents pay their doctor for requested vaccines a portion of the money goes into a special fund to compensate them when their children are seriously damaged or die in the past few years more than $1 billion was granted for thousands of injuries and death from mandated vaccines, conserned mums and dads should also know that potentially dangerous experimental vaccines are sometimes tested on innocent children without parental knowledge or consent, for example the world health organization recently injected african babies with a new measle vaccine after they learned that it was dedly one of every six vaccinated babies died within three years authorities tested it again this time on a minority of children in the usa. some of the things in the book are shocking but i feel we dont get to know about a lot of what goes on and what is hushed up the book is a real eye opener jenny :crying: