amberzak

One word association

Can we have two words?

If so ...

Space flight :)

When I saw 'spout' having not then seen the earlier 'spider' I immediately thought of the famous Incey Wincey! Great minds! :D

Wales (the leEk being its national symbol)

...or Knot (symbol of Staffordshire, where the town of LeEk can be found)

...or Grid (a grid-leak being the high resistance found in the control grid circuit of a thermionic valve)

- Take your pick!

(Yes, I'm a mine of useless information - well known for it!)

Equestrians

(the Four Horsemen of the Acropolis - Famine, Fatigue, Futility and Fatality - or something like that. Christian fundamentalists truly believe that they'll gallop out of the Acropolis and across to the four corners of the flat earth as a harbinger of the imminent Battle of R. McGeddon).

Çedilla ..."is a hook or tail ( ¸ ) added under certain letters as a diacritical mark to modify their pronunciation".

It annoys me that it's not spelt with one. Logically it should be, so I've done so! :)

It also annoys me when the unique Romanian 's comma' (ș) and 't comma' (ț) are instead written with cedillas.

I easily get annoyed :rolleyes:

By the way, I'd never heard of Hooky Street and had to look it up. So annoying... :lol:

書き込み

Kakikomi

Translation, "writing". I had a great aunt who was half japanese. Text curtsy of Googles translate, only other languages I know are programming ones!