Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Video editing software

Hi Canopus...

I've tried Pinaccle studio (buggy) and

Magix Movie edit pro (better, but then I discovered that OCCASSIONALLY the audio is incompatible with some stand alone players - never been able to fathom why though!)

Adobe Premier elements is reckoned to be the dogs doobrey's, and now i've got XP I'll be buying that and Photoshop elements very soon...

hope that helps

BD :D

Been a long time since I had to do any video editing but I always found that the ULead's software was really powerful but also very easy to get to grips with. I might be wrong but I think it starts at a fairly reasonable price too - got to be worth a look

Or, if you're a tightwad, give VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.com/) a try - it's not the most powerful app in the world but it's freeware so won't cost anything to try

It's worth having a look in a large newsagent like WH Smiths. Slightly out of date or trial versions often crop up as a freebie on Computer Magazine cover disks, at the very least it will give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

You will probably need a firewire card to transfer the data from the camera to your PC, many firwire cards come bundled with suitable software.

Personally I have used Ulead Video Studio in the past but it costs (It is very good) but it costs about ?40 so you may want to shop around for something cheaper.

Simon

EDIT:

Just found this on ebay, VideoStudio will probably be some kind of feature-restricted demo version, but it would be really hard to go too far wrong at that price!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Firewire-1394-4-Port...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by mossgrove