Viper

melatonin in liquid form?

Can you get melatonin in a liquid form? It would make life much easier if I could mix it with Bens drinks. Tablets don't mix well and he won't drink things with "bits" in.

I am not sure if ther liquid is available on prescriotion in this country. We get it in capsule form, you can pull the capsules apart and use the powder.

It Mixes very well with hot chocolate or jam. If you are mixing with hot chocolate you need to mix it in to the hot chocolate powder before you add the liquid. If you add it afterwards it just floats in clumps.

Simon

Hi Viper,

Yes, you can get Melatonin in liquid form both on prescription (A used to get his this way) and by ordering on the internet. If you need to order it yourself I can pm you the name of an internet company that I know others have used with no problems, but try asking Ben's Consultant first, A's is really very helpful.

I've rung Bens consultant and am awaiting an appointment. So fingers crossed we will get some on script instead of buying it like we are at the mo.

several pharmacies near me can no longer get the liquid but like simon said you can mix the powder from the capsules with mist things we used yoghurt/milkshake/jam etc

Hi yes Melatonin comes in liquid form, tablet form and slow release capsules which work over a longer period of time. Just go to the doctors and tell them you feel the liquid form will be better . It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Good luck

Lou

Edited by Loui

I know the liquid form can be hard to come by these days. My pharmacist said something about phasing it out as it doesn't have a very good shelf life. C has the capsules and we just pop them open and mix them with water or juice. C has tried them with lots of different flavour drinks and says it tastes ok in all of them.

J was given melotonin three weeks ago and because the capsuals are LARGE and white with see throw showing the little borbles he is convinced its some form of mad stuff, wont entertain it at all, I mixed it into a drink and showed him but he pushed it away and now he doesnt trust me when I give him drinks, he counts the capsuals to ensure there is still the remaining number, I couldnt give him it hidden if he found out he wouldnt ever eat again, do you think it may help J if he got it in Liquid form. I cant believe you can get it off ebay though, we had to sign a permission form, and we had a talk on it been an unlicence drug, though I know its not a drug, its natural accuring hormone in the body.

anyway do you think the liquid may help.

JsMum

J's mum, the type of melatonin you describe sounds like the slow release. It comes in those balls to slow it's digestion. Dissolving them negates that.

The usual capsules contain powder that can be added to just about anything (but aren't slow release so may or may not help sleep)

Any thing from the pharmacy is synthetic, pharmasutical grade and safe. The melatonin on ebay MAY be animal produce and possibly be not so safe.

A x

Our chemist said that the melitonin company are thinking of doing a liquid form but at presant it is not available, but they can order Oral dispersable fast melts, giving a strawberry flavour, they go on there tounge and it melts, we are getting a perscription for these tomorrow.

JsMum

I get melatonin in liquid form for my son. I put it in his drink!!!

I didn't have a problem getting it - the chemist found out where he could get it from so that the dr could put the right info on the prescription.

Feel free to pm me if you want the details of the one we get.

yes they do and it is orange flavour it comes in a dropper bottle you can get it on presription from the doctor the only thing is it takes two days to order from the chemist but its worth the wait its brill :thumbs:

Can you get melatonin in a liquid form? It would make life much easier if I could mix it with Bens drinks. Tablets don't mix well and he won't drink things with "bits" in.

Yes, my children have it in liquid form, dont think it tastes very nice but hey ho. Anyway, its dispensed out of my hospital pharmacy and the name on the bottle is ' KIDNAPS'.

Regards

Choccie

Dooday24,

Where do you get it on the internet in Liquid form, I want one with out additives as there are some nasty exipients in the tablets that are by products of the plastic industry

Edited by florrie