Sign in to follow this  
lisann

Gluten and Wheat

Hi all

Something me and hubby have been wondering for a while is how do we ge Char tested for food intolerance eg wheat gulten and dairy????

Also is it true if the child is found to be intolerant to the substances you can get the foods on perscripton free??????

Lisa

I think that is true Liann!! worth checking it out with your GP you need it because the gluten free goodies are so expensive!!!

Edited by justamom

for testing you need to arrange a urine test through the ARU (autism research unit) at Sunderland university... costs ?60.00 privately (i think) but GP's can refer you if they can be persuaded...

Free 'food' - certain items (breads/pasta/biscuits/flour) can be provided on scrip, but GP's vary in their willingness to do so... Technically, the scrips are only available for TRUEFOOD allergy (i.e. coeliac), but the wording of guidelines is ambiguous enough to allow a supportive GP to provide scrips on a 'perceived benefit' basis... Your food bills will not go DOWN because of scrips, but it can help to odffset some of the extra costs involved... That said, if the diets ARE beneficial in your childs case you will consider it money well spent - definitely!

Hope that helps

BD :D