Sign in to follow this  
hev

how do i check history

i keep reading that people check what there children are looking at on computer,steve is very impressionable so i want to keep a check,how do i check?does it depend on the make of pc?our computer is windows xp

i keep reading that people check what there children are looking at on computer,steve is very impressionable so i want to keep a check,how do i check?does it depend on the make of pc?our computer is windows xp

Hi Hev,

Don't know a lot of technical stuff - but I do know if you left click (sometimes a couple of times) on the search bar of the home page a list of all the searches come up in a list. Also, any web sites visited (that haven't already had the cookie's (I think) deleted) will come up when you scroll the address bar.

I'm sure there are loads of other things - like cookies/temporary internet thingy-a-bobs as well that have this info stored in - but I usually only find it by trial and error.

Take care,

Jb

Your history can be accessed via the icon that looks like a clock with an arrow on it pointing anti-clockwise that you can see in the toolbar at the top of the browser (well thats what it looks like on mine). If you left click on it a menu ought to appear on the left hand side of the page showing you the pages you pc has visited in the number of days you have set it to keep this recorded - the default number of days being 20.

Hope that helps.