Sign in to follow this  
CarolJ

A vision of the future

Hi peeps had a bit of a sneak peak into future today. Was in ASDA and a young man in his teens came up and grabbed a chocolate bar. There was a young girl with him a carer/sister I dont know but she kept saying "no no no no, put it back Mark NOOO!"

Mark had that look in his eyes so I knew without asking he was autistic and didnt speak that i heard (beautiful looking boy though). The girl behind counter starting saying he's opening it now - the poor young girl with mark said i will come back as mark had run out of the store.

I said to the girl behind counter "look i will pay for it - he probaby has autism, it the sort of thing my son would do".

It sort of bought home to me what my S will be like in a few years time.

When i walked out the store i couldnt see thegirl to tell her that I had paid for Mark's choccie.

I just hoped he enjoyed it!!!

Why cant I see future lottery numbers :(

This is a common problem - I suffer from it myself

Wouldnt do me anygood even if I did see future lotto nos because I cant remember phone numbers or figures for toffee, have a real mental block when it comes to numbers :(

Best polish me crystal ball just in case my vision n memory improve (winks)

When I try to look into the future I see a young man full of frustration and anger because he's not understood and though he tries to make friends he's rejected. He lives alone. He can go to a shop but he doesn't know how much he has to pay, or how much change he should get. What really worries me is that he probably won't have anyone to help him.

If my predictions are wrong (I hope so) then maybe I could win the lottery!

I think this will be a thread that makes us cry. Let's hope that everyone's future will be better than we all fear.

It made me feel really sad to read this thread . . .

I just hope that if that is my boy's future someone shows him as much kindness.

Edited by zaman

It made me feel really sad to read this thread . . .

sorry I didnt want to 2 upset people I know its hard trying to imagine what your childs future will be like. I dont know whether with advances in medical science etc. they may realise a way of making the kids like my son's life a lot better I (quality of life).

I know my son will always be autistic but want i want most for him is the ability to communicate so he can have a say in his own life.

Mind you I am a fatalist my friend is into astrology and stuff and she reckons that by 22nd of this month Iran will enter into the middle eastern war with US/Isreal and WWIII is gonna start.

Damn these visions of the future!!!!

Lottery nos PLEASE!!!!!!

I'm sorry if my posting was too sad, maybe was feeling too pessimistic yesterday because of new problems my DS is having at school (the same old problems, but again...) . I don't wish to upset people. Most of the time I try to stay hopeful about the future and I am sure that things really don't have to be so difficult for my son when he grows up. The key word is "support", - if he can get it, I believe that he can have a good quality of life.

Curra >:D<<'>

awww i feel for that girl, makes me wonder what T will be ile when he is an adult, although he is not complusive like 'mark' he still needs watching. He has money sense at all and although he gets pocket money and we try to police what he spends it on, he will go on a school trip and spend �3 on cake!!. :lol:

�3 on cake sounds like a good idea ... and a good way to make friends!

Talking of being kind, I bought some cute coins off that internet auction site ... little coins that say "you have been kind, thank you so much, you made me smile etc" from a lady who has a son with ASD. They are great for passing on when someone does a kind dead to my son and win brownie points. Nice to pass on to teachers, helpers, strangers.

One for Carol me thinks ...!