PinkSapphireAngel

Home ed/flexi schooling

Was just wondering what people's experiences of either home educating or flexi schooling/part time

a child with a statement?

We have a statement and took our son out of school for the last two years of primary to home educate. We had no problems with the LEA or anything like that, just wrote to let them know we were removing him.

~ Mel ~

PSH

What exactly do you want to know? We've done it both with and without a statement and now A is educated entirely at home with our LEA footing the bill. PM with details about what you'd like to know and I'll give you what help I can. It's been a bit of a fight to get the provision right since A came out of school completely, but we got there in the end.

Com now has a combination of home tuition and 1-1 in a medical needs unit, currently an e-learning package is also being set up. All funded and managed by the LEA

PM me if you want to know more

Z

It's been a long haul but we do seem to be finally getting there in spite of the b****y RO going on holiday last week right in the middle of it all.

The provision was negotiated over the holiday with Com's consultant doing most of the work (she was fantastic :notworthy: ) and the senior RO telling us that 'anything is possible' :o

We had final confirmation that the package is to go ahead just last night :D

:dance::dance::dance:

We are trying to arange to visit a school we originally named as our first prefernce when everyone was choosing secondary schools around this time last year!

We were impressed by their SEN at the time.

We are hoping to take the proposed statement to discuss it with them to see how they feel they will meet those needs.

Also we are still trying to get THAT WOMAN at the LEA to explain why she issued a note in lieu without reading the evidence and then changed it to a statement based on that SAME evidence (ie why didn't she look at the evicence in the first place?)

so far we have had a nonsense response to say the least,so I have asked again and have again cc the bosses.

She cc Parent Partnership with her reply but not her bosses funnily enough.

Great news Zemanski! :clap:

PSA, it's a long hard slog, isn't it. Good luck with the school, and with getting the answers you want - don't give up. :wacko:

K x

Zemanski..... brilliant news :dance:

PSA... good luck with the school visit... hope you can get something sorted out soon :pray:

Flora

PSA

We have been home educating Kerre for a year now - he would have started Year 10 this September. On the whole I'm very pleased. His whole being has changed and lots of people have commented on how much more sociable and approachable he is now. We have stopped all medication and he has not had a flare-up for quite some time. He's great company.

He has just started a couple of IGCSEs with the National Extension College and is actually keen to do them. We hope he'll sit them next year - but if he doesn't we're not too worried.

Zemanski

Great to hear your news about Com. Well done to youl for managing to arrange it all so quickly - and in getting your LEA to foot the bill - I'm rubbing my hands with glee!

Barefoot

We are trying to arange to visit a school we originally named as our first prefernce when everyone was choosing secondary schools around this time last year!

We were impressed by their SEN at the time.

We are hoping to take the proposed statement to discuss it with them to see how they feel they will meet those needs.

Also we are still trying to get THAT WOMAN at the LEA to explain why she issued a note in lieu without reading the evidence and then changed it to a statement based on that SAME evidence (ie why didn't she look at the evicence in the first place?)

so far we have had a nonsense response to say the least,so I have asked again and have again cc the bosses.

She cc Parent Partnership with her reply but not her bosses funnily enough.

Can't think why she did not cc her bosses. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: Karen

Zemanski-great news.Hope things contiue to get sorted.

PSA Good that you are at last starting to make some headway.Hope the school visit goes well.Karen