Sign in to follow this  
Tilly

Threelac

While I was pregnant I suffered continuosly with thrush (candida) and my dd was born with thrush.

I've been reading that this is quite common in our children and that the candida is full of toxins which can harm our unborn children. (Now I'm starting to feel really guilty :crying: ) I do remember the midwife taking a swab but they didn't seem unduly worried and neither was I until I read this.

I was wondering if any other Mums had candida in their pregnancies.

Although dd is only 9 she does suffer from thrush on regular occasions. Threelac is supposed to be good for candida and I did read it has helped people with autism - I must admit that bit I will take with a pinch of salt! I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard or used Threelac . If it does take away some of dds discomfort it will be a godsend.

Thanks

Tilly

Just wanted to say I didn't have candida when pregnant or at any time before it I did have extra, late, scan for too much fluid in womb and baby was highly active which needed extra monitoring every 2 days in the 2 weeks overdue I went and then they had to bascially force him out - I say he got lost and couldn't find the exit;) or he was too cosy :)

Have lots of genetic family markers around us though I'm verging on aspieness his father was too I've a young cousin with classic autism who attends a NAS school and another second cousin who has moderate LD and autistic traits and my sons paternal uncle is psychophrenic.

I haven't heard of threelac but I hope it or some alternative helps your DD soon, it must be very difficult for her to cope with.

take care

Lorraine

I used three lac and it is definitely the best that I've tried, i thought it was brilliant. Used with other things i definetly had an improvement in clarity of thought, and mood but still had main cognitive probs associated with asd, whic i feel in my case would be helped by Lindamood bell, but I don't have the money and I can't afford to take all the things all the time that do help.

Edited by florrie

Very interesting. I suffered terribly with Candida and my son developed thrush in his mouth very soon after he was born. I used the threelac a long time ago and the speed that it worked was amazing. I didn't know about using it for our children but I've read some information about it on another website. I think the paragraph where the lady says her non verbal autistic daughter started to speak the day she used threelac, could be due to coincidence, but others seem to think it helps their children. I think I'll discuss it first with dh.

Tilly - I think if threelac can ease your daughters discomfort it can only be a good thing.

Gardenia

There are various other natual remedies you could try to fight the candida :

- try eliminating sugar as much as you can from her diet - sugar feeds the yeast and helps it to thrive and also suppresses the immune system

- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

-garlic

- red onion

- MCT oil

The National Candida Society have a website which has a lot of information on it.

I've never heard of threelac, where do you get it from?

Is it any good for Itchyness, without thrush - I have to keep buying Lanacane cream and it's not recomended for long term use but i have to use it otherwise it can get rather embarrasing in public :rolleyes:

Clare