Lufty

Upcoming changes to the forum

Dear All

I would like to give you as much notice as possible to two changes affecting the forum in the near future.

Firstly we have decided to change the name of the forum to "Asperger and ASD UK online forum". The rationale for this is that the correct name is Asperger Syndrome rather than Aspergers syndrome and we would like to make the forum name consistant.

Secondly in the next couple of weeks we will be receiving a major new version of the forum software. This version greatly enhances the security of the forum from hacking attempts and we have decided that we must go ahead with the new version even though it will mean that there will be some changes to the look and feel of the forum. These changes include a major revision to the text editor used when making posts to the forum as well as an enhanced "My Controls" function.

We will keep you updated on both of these changes.

Kind regards

Lufty

Any chance we will loose saved PMs when these changes happen ?

Hi lil me...

If i'm 'teaching granny' please excuse me, but you can save PM's either as 'web pages' or as an importable text document using the 'archive messages' feature in personal messenger's control panel, that way you'll be belt and braces when the update happens!

L&P

BD :D

Any chance we will loose saved PMs when these changes happen ?

Hi lil_me

We will of course take a full backup of the site before we upgrade it so we can always revert back to the old version if things go wrong. With every major upgrade there is always a chance of something going wrong but we always make every effort to ensure the forum is not down for too long and the data remains safe.

Kind regards

Lufty

No BD I understand entirely what you mean, but some may not and would rather members knew if there were a risk, some have contact info etc etc saved in PMs and nowhere else.

Thanks for answering

Hi Everyone

The forum name change is now complete and Littlenemo deserves a big thanks for changing the logo so quickly and efficiently.

Kind regards

Lufty

Nice one Nemo :D

but you can save PM's either as 'web pages' or as an importable text document using the 'archive messages' feature in personal messenger's control panel,

BD :D

Erm........... How??? :unsure:

Don't know if this is due to any of the changes, but the PMs don't seem to have the 'record in sent items' as a default setting anymore :(

Is it possible to have that back please, because I never remember to click that box each time I send a PM.

Bid :)

Don't know if this is due to any of the changes, but the PMs don't seem to have the 'record in sent items' as a default setting anymore :(

Is it possible to have that back please, because I never remember to click that box each time I send a PM.

Bid :)

Hi Bid

Sorry about that it defaulted back to not saving a copy as a result of the logo change. It is now fixed for you.

Regards

Lufty

Erm........... How??? :unsure:

Go to the bit where your messages are and look for the "archive messages" bit on the LHS. Click on this and it gives you some choices of what you want to archive ... I suggest that you do the inbox separate to the sent items as the maximum number you can save at once is 50 messages ... at the bottom click next to the bit which says excel file and change it to html page. Click on 'Process' and it will send you an email with your messages in an attached html file. You save that to your hard drive and then when you open it it will open in Internet explorer or whichever browser you use.

Firstly we have decided to change the name of the forum to "Asperger and ASD UK online forum". The rationale for this is that the correct name is Asperger Syndrome rather than Aspergers syndrome and we would like to make the forum name consistant.

:huh: Who says the correct name is "Asperger Syndrome"? I've always preferred to call it "Asperger's Syndrome" myself - it just looks better to me. I mean you never see anyone say "Alzheimer" or "Parkinson" or "Tourette", do you? It's always "Alzheimer's" and "Parkinson's" and "Tourette's". So why "Asperger"? If anything, you're introducing inconsistency here, not consistency.

James

Go to the bit where your messages are and look for the "archive messages" bit on the LHS. Click on this and it gives you some choices of what you want to archive ... I suggest that you do the inbox separate to the sent items as the maximum number you can save at once is 50 messages ... at the bottom click next to the bit which says excel file and change it to html page. Click on 'Process' and it will send you an email with your messages in an attached html file. You save that to your hard drive and then when you open it it will open in Internet explorer or whichever browser you use.

'Ello :D

Right, erm....did that... But the email recieved is all numbers n letters muddled up...... Fairly sure i haven't had that much to drink :whistle::wacko::lol::lol::lol::unsure:

:huh: Who says the correct name is "Asperger Syndrome"? I've always preferred to call it "Asperger's Syndrome" myself - it just looks better to me. I mean you never see anyone say "Alzheimer" or "Parkinson" or "Tourette", do you? It's always "Alzheimer's" and "Parkinson's" and "Tourette's". So why "Asperger"? If anything, you're introducing inconsistency here, not consistency.

James

Yeh sorry I do tend to agree and never actually heard it as being called asperger syndrome :oops: didn't like to say though.

Yeh sorry I do tend to agree and never actually heard it as being called asperger syndrome :oops: didn't like to say though.

Don't worry - I'm not afraid to bring these things up. :lol: Spot the blunt Aspie, eh?! ;)

James

If 'Asperger's Syndrome' is good enough for Tony Attwood, it's good enough for me!

Frankly, I don't much care what this forum's called, as long as it's here. Call it the Picked Egg Appreciation Society if you like. Or not.

Karen

x

'Ello :D

Right, erm....did that... But the email recieved is all numbers n letters muddled up...... Fairly sure i haven't had that much to drink :whistle::wacko::lol::lol::lol::unsure:

Oh! :o don't know what else to suggest :(