Sign in to follow this  
sweety

Hi everyone, I am new

Hello everyone,

I am 17 and was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome when I was 14. I knew that I had aspergers when I was 12 because I did a bit of self-diagnoses. I also have hearing difficulties, epilepsy, M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and other medical problems.

I have two brothers who are also on the autistic spectrum, so I know a lot about the condition.

I went to a mainstream school which I HATED!!! I was refused a statement of special educational needs TWICE!!! and my school was very unhelpful, so I bunked off a lot. :devil: I was refused DLA TWICE!! but I now recieve it! My whole life my mum had to fight to get any help for me and my two brothers on the autistic spectrum.

I have a very good memory. I remember things that happened before I was even one! I also remember dates and times very well. My communication is still quite bad, I am trying to improve it. I have no facial expression most of the time, I look quite sad a lot, and people think that I am unapprochable. I have very strange phobias. I am very repetitive, I like to sit at the same place wherever I go.

I am now at college on a course for people with special needs and I am enjoying it. The teachers are much more helpful than the ones from school.

I look foward to talking to some of you.

Hi Sweety, and welcome >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I am sure you will be a great asset to the forum, it is always lovely to hear from those with AS so we know how our kids are feeling etc.

Look forward to chatting more with you.

mum22boys

Hi Sweety

Welcome. I always look forward to hearing from young people on the spectrum as it gives some insight into what my son might have to face, or be like in the future.

Lynne x

Sweety

Hello.

Good to hear that college is going well for you. I hope my son, 14, will get to go to college when he's 16 -he struggled at school so we took him out when he was at the end of Year 8. Look forward to hearing more form you.

Barefoot

Hi Sweety and welcome :) .

I have a daughter aged 17 who was diagnosed with AS at 15 and her story is similar to yours in many ways. She also suffers from chronic fatigue and because of this she can't attend college full time.

I lookk forward to talking to you here,

Kathryn.

:dance: Hi Sweety :dance:

Great to have you on board - my eldest son (N) has AS, he really is struggling at school. The Teachers really do not appear to want him there! Would love to hear your views on how you see certain things in life and how best to help children with AS.

Billy :party:

Welcome to the forum Sweety...I've found it so helpful and supportive :D I have 3 kiddies, our eldest dd is 8 and was dx AS last month. Our youngest dd is 6 and was dx ASD last year. Take care