Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

prison sentence/care proceedings...

hi all,

hope some of you remember me ? fms single mum, aspie , tourettes son ???

well it would seem last thursday was ment to be the judicial review but it didnt quite turn out that way.....according to the barrister cons doctors report isnt strong enough for the court arena they also need to send for gp records to support his findings. (as you may know the LA doctor said he was fine nothing wrong with him)

in the meantime i must prove to the LEA that con is recieving adequate education at home, if not ive been told i will serve a prison sentence.

then solicitor tells me when i go to the case conference review on the 6th of october the Social services will start care proceedings.....it was just confirmed today from the social worker , im devastated beyond words, i havent done anything wrong!!!!!!

i was set up to fail guys,

hugs,

paula

>:D<<'> Paula >:D<<'>

Yes i do remember you, I was thinking about you the other day as i knew it was the review. I cant believe this is happening. what is wrong with these people??

Why is the report not strong enough?? surely the person who diagnosed him has qualifications and letters after there name ? Why do they always want more??

Im absolutly devestated for you hun, but keep fighting them. Prove you are giving an education, they cant do anything about you home educating as long as he is learning. As for the care proceedings :angry: The minute they try that...... Get the papers involved........ Shame them into leaving you alone, it seems to me that all kinds of "failings" are responsible for peoples mis-fortunes, and in this case you love your son and are trying to do whats best for him and they think you are making his behaviour up.. I dont know what else to say, but im sure everyone else will be along soon with advice for you.

Take care, and please keep us posted, we will help you fight the battle. :wallbash:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Shaz

x

Why did it get to the stage of court b4 the barrister said that it wasnt strong enough? Did you have any meetings with him prior to the JR? What does your solicitor say about this? Have you contacted NAS as they can also provide legal advice? The solicitor who dealt with the alleged Munchausens cases - cant recall his name is v good. Not sure what else to say. Perhaps the papers is a good place to go now. Take care .

Paula I haven't got the words.... :(:crying:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I'm sure you have but you must contact anyone who could help; NAS, MP, Tony Blair, David Cameron, the media... we are all here for you. So hope that something happens to intervene.

Flora :(>:D<<'>

:crying: Words can't describe how I feel knowing from your last post this could possibly happen to anyone :( . There are so many people out there who say do not get s/s involved but they are the ones who are meant to help. I see myself maybe having probs like this as my son gets older and it's a scary situation to be in, you tell the ones who are meant to help of the problems you experience in the hope of support and help and sometimes it backfires all due to saving money :o

Big hugs to you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope you get this sorted. Do as others have said and contact anyone who can help, there must be someone who can help you. Really there must be someone, Thinking of you, Take Care >:D<<'>

Just to let you know i'm thinking of you and praying :pray: it all goes ok.

It is everyones worst nightmare s/s getting involved and taking a child away.

Stay strong >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

mum22boys

You could always move to a different LEA. I have encountered several instances of LEAs harassing parents of home educated kids, but after moving house to an area covered by a different LEA then no LEA officials bother them.

I really feel for you Paula, this is unbelievable, I second the advice to contact anyone you can to get further advice and support, the NAS may be able to advize, they can't stop you home educating, where I live many people home educate, ocasionally they try to make an example of someone who can't fight back so please get further advice. Thoughts and prayers are with you that things will work out for you

guys,

thanks so very much for your kind words, this will be a battle and a half so having to prepare myself.......its amazing the lengths the LEA s will go to , to save money.

the only constructive thing i can do with this is WARN everyone, I CARE, an il be damned if this is going to happen to others......

LEA s will influence others, influence doctors, influence staff in schools, have words with the ss, please please heed my warning, im not the exeption to the rule you know im not their are others fighting very similar battles.....

they prey on the vunerable in society it is so very sad but very true too....be careful and always act with an air of caution.

i never thought i would get to the point where i have had to sit down and actually think about losing my son, but last night it hit me like a brick, worst of it was that i was looking at a photo of him when he was a baby, with his chubby cheeks and saggy nappy i just crumbled in a heap, i cannot imagine life without my son it will kill me .......i have to beat this corrupt multi disaplinary team, because what they dont realise is that it would cause extensive psychological damage to my son to be torn away from his mum, i cant let that happen, i wont let that happen......

hugs,

paula

Paula

I cannot believe they think they'll get away with this. You're obviously a caring Mum and anyone in their right minds will see this and reject the heavyhandednessof both LEA ans SS. I can only think their trying to use scare tactics to make you back down. I'm appalled.

Barefoot

hi all,

hope some of you remember me ? fms single mum, aspie , tourettes son ???

well it would seem last thursday was ment to be the judicial review but it didnt quite turn out that way.....according to the barrister cons doctors report isnt strong enough for the court arena they also need to send for gp records to support his findings. (as you may know the LA doctor said he was fine nothing wrong with him)

in the meantime i must prove to the LEA that con is recieving adequate education at home, if not ive been told i will serve a prison sentence.

then solicitor tells me when i go to the case conference review on the 6th of october the Social services will start care proceedings.....it was just confirmed today from the social worker , im devastated beyond words, i havent done anything wrong!!!!!!

i was set up to fail guys,

hugs,

paula

Hi, I'm quite new and so don't know anything about your situation. What is it they are wanting you to agree to, do they want you to put your son back into school?? They aren't allowed to do that without a very, VERY good reason!

Stay strong.

~ Mel ~

this cant be right-why would they take your son off you?

p.s. ive just had dealings with ss myself -but for another reason-but yeah you really got to be carefull around them.............as i found out ....but thats another story.................... :blink:

they must be something that can be done-what are there reasons for doing this? :tearful:

Can't believe what I am reading, shocked and stunned. Have you tried involving local MP, or even the local newspapers on this. Whole thing sounds crazy. Best wishes to both of you >:D<<'> hoping for a happy ending to this awful time.

hi just an update , looks like im going to the case conference alone on 6th of october as my sol cannot chase down cons sw to verify if they are to take out care proceedings on my son or not.

sol said if they do plan to initiate care proceedings then he will send someone down other t5han that he cannot justify sending someone as its through legal aid.

hes been making phonecalls to the local authority for 3 days, he rang today and asked me to chase her up, im sure they are doing this on purpose as they know i get anxious,

i hate them for this the beep beeps....

hugs,

paula

Edited by onlycrazygal

OMG i cant believe what iv just read.Im totally confused why is home educating causesing so many problems with the LEA?????????????????I understood from my own inquires that so long as the child was recieving an education it didnt matter where.

Sorry i have no constuctive advice but i pray you get this sorted and commen sense kicks in.There is no good to come of removing yr boy from you he is loved and safe they should work at helping kids in danger.

Hi Paula,

Thinking of you, hope it all turned out in your favour. :pray::pray:

In case you havent had a chance to look at the forum Oracle has started a post for you that many of the members have signed

titled "For Paula" >:D<<'> we are all thinking of you.

Love

Frangipani xx

Here is the link :)

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=10272

Edited by Frangipani

good god, is there no-one who can help you?. How can it have got this far!. all my thoughts are with you and your son xx