Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Probiotics ..

I was just reading that article about the trial with ASD kids and probiotic drinks.

They said the trial was not conclusive as so many parents in the placebo group gave up ... because they wanted their kids on the probiotics too when they saw the non-placebo kids results.

Worth a go ....!

Can anyone recommend which ones are best/ taste least offensive/ carry the right "good" bacteria etc.

Do they taste like the yoghurt drinks because my son loves those?

Anyone using them / noticed any difference / had any reactions?

Also, can they have them from any age?

Can anyone recommend which ones are best/ taste least offensive/ carry the right "good" bacteria etc.

Do they taste like the yoghurt drinks because my son loves those?

Anyone using them / noticed any difference / had any reactions?

Also, can they have them from any age?

I get J the Rachels Organic Kids ones. I tried others before that (Muller Little Stars) but found that although they were labelled gluten free they actually contained Codex starch so he couldn't have them. Also, the Rachels ones are GORGEOUS! Link here so you can see what's in them:

http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/products/k...kingyogurt.html

They're more expensive but they're bigger portions so it doesn't work out so bad.

Haven't noticed any difference ASD-wise though and he's been having them for a couple of weeks off and on.

Karen

x

I have been buying them for Dan for a week or so. He says he feels abit better with them, but I am not so sure, he has now been excluded from school for a couple of days :( . He was aweful yesterday. But saying that otherwise he has been better, yesterday was just one of those days. :( .He says he prefers the strawberry ones, I had picked up a couple of packs from Tesco's & He is now on the ASda ones.

Kirkmans Labs specifically make high strain probiotics which are fee from casein ,gluten etc - they are avaliable direct from Kirkmans in USA and I think also from Nutricentre in UK ( online ). The capsules can be opened up and mixed with food.

We've gone off the yogurt based probiotics now, after seeing a complementary therapist who suspected leaky gut. She recommended a product called Prime Directives which is a blend of organic wholefoods mixed with 13 probiotics. Have a look here:

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/organic-prime-directive.htm

J's also trying goats milk as it's much lower in casein than cows, I'm also looking into goats butter and yogurt. Have to admit he's had much less tummy complaint over the past two to three weeks, so we could be getting somewhere.

Karen

x

Thanks Big Mamma and KarenT.

Karen - I,ve tried goats and soya milk as alternatives and neither really did the job. My son is now on rice milk with added calcium which is working well.