Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

grrrrrrrr - nhs!

:( Tom has an ingrowing toenail which is extremely sore and yukky. He has had to have anitbiotics twice in the last three weeks for it, so our gp got onto the chiropodist to hurry up his appointment.

anyhow to cut a long story short we got a letter on tuesday saying he had an appointment - yayy!

for monday!!!! I rang up the appointments office and she said oh next one is october 6th - no apology nothing.

so he has to wait another week and his toe has flared up again, another visit to the gp.!

:tearful: im tearing my hair out.

Edited by elaine1

Hi you are in good company.I went to NHS walk in centre on Monday.I have an outer ear infection.I have had about 5 in the last 2 years as a result of swimming.Returned with prescription for oral antibiotics-I usually have a spray.5 days later I now need to go back to GP today to try to get spray-5 days of discomfort and antibiotics and no further forward.Sorry thought I would join you in a moan.Karen

H has an ingrowing toenail that flares up every so often, i think it's a result of walking on his tiptoes, anyway they wont do anything about it because he would have to be put to sleep, so rather than him take anti-biotics all of the time, i pin him down ( with great difficulty ) and squeeze the puss out and put antiseptic cream on and a bandage, and he keeps me away from his toe with a vengance for the next week or so :rolleyes: Poor bairn :(

It disgusts me that the NHS doesn't provide video game machines in the waiting rooms to keep kids (and some adults) happy whilst waiting 5 hours to be seen.

T had an in-growing toenail too. He did have it sectioned, with a local anasthetic. The doctor was very, very good with him - kept him distracted by talking about ponds and pumps. Tom said the toe was so sore anyway, that the local anasthetic was not much worse.

Karen

Tom is having this done today he has to have both his toenails done. apparently its the shape of them that is causing the problem. think of us at 11.30!

It disgusts me that the NHS doesn't provide video game machines in the waiting rooms to keep kids (and some adults) happy whilst waiting 5 hours to be seen.

But then you'd just get chavs and etc. just sitting in waiting rooms playing video games and having a go at anyone else who dared to be using them (either that or just stealing them outright). That and the fact that some bright spark would soon figure out that it would be a great moneymaker and start charging :rolleyes:

That and the fact that some bright spark would soon figure out that it would be a great moneymaker and start charging.

Coin operated games in hospital waiting rooms could be a real moneyspinner for the NHS and reduce the obscene level of taxes we pay in Britain.

My brother became a chiropodist (private) because he had so much bother from in-growing toenails when he was a kid. He's very good and sorted out my eldest ingrowing toenails no problem.

Unfortunately he doesn't live in the midlands or I would recommend him. :D

Coin operated games in hospital waiting rooms could be a real moneyspinner for the NHS and reduce the obscene level of taxes we pay in Britain.

Yes but could you bear the 'pester power'? :lol:

T had an in-growing toenail too. He did have it sectioned, with a local anasthetic. The doctor was very, very good with him - kept him distracted by talking about ponds and pumps. Tom said the toe was so sore anyway, that the local anasthetic was not much worse.

How did u get along with dressing his toe, cos i cant do it like they showed me at the clinic. It doesnt look right, i just taped it up and hoped for the best!. I didnt want to start messing with it too much. :sick:

Edited by elaine1