2pink2blue

We have dx.

As of last Friday we have a dx of Aspergers for B.

Haven't been around here for a while as we were just concentrating on getting all the assessments done but I wanted to thank everyone who gave support and information to get us to this point.

I'm sure there will be lots more questions to come but for now we are just letting everything sink in. There were no major surprises but we just need to look at ways we can support the other difficulties she had that we weren't so aware of.

Thanks once again,

Sue

Glad you got your dx. Take care of yourself. It's a funny time, even when you're expecting the dx it can still be a bit emotional, but at least you now have the dx to aid understanding and get support.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the update on the diagnosis, as Tez has said, it's a funny old time, emotions all over the place. Hopefully it will help get the support and services you need.

Nellie >:D

Take care of yoursleves.

A diagnosis can be quite a shock to the system even when you are expecting it.

Just remember that you child hasn't been taken away and replaced by an Autistic one, she is still the same special little girl that she was last week.

Simon

Pleased it's been confirmed.

Hi 2p2b,

Same as the others have said. Although don't be surprised if suddenly in a couple of weeks, months etc you suddenly feel emotional and sad about everything - it takes a long long time to sink in even when you know its coming.

Take care,

Jb

Sue

A dx is good news. You can get now more support for your daughter.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Curra

hello i know how you feel my dd6 was dx aspergers on the 12 of april but it dosnt chanage anything she is still your little girl you will love her the same we are lucky to be given the change to have a child like this to love when i look at my dd i thank god for her and i wont change her just take time she is the same child she was before dx i only wish my mother could have been here to see her grow up my mother died on the 26 april all the best jill

Edited by board