jb1964

NAS Help Programme

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help - received a flyer regarding the NAS help programmes that are being run in our area during November - and noticed it says for children aged between 5-11 - and recently diagnosed within the past 18months.

My daughter is 13 - but was only diagnosed this time last year - anyone know whether this is suitable - I've not seen anything come through for older children and looked on their site and can't really see anything about 11+.

I rang the line but unfortunately the chap dealing with it isn't always in the office - he may be in tomorrow? - if not to leave a message and they will ring me back - but as I work full-time I don't want anyone ringing me in work about this.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Jb

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help - received a flyer regarding the NAS help programmes that are being run in our area during November - and noticed it says for children aged between 5-11 - and recently diagnosed within the past 18months.

My daughter is 13 - but was only diagnosed this time last year - anyone know whether this is suitable - I've not seen anything come through for older children and looked on their site and can't really see anything about 11+.

I rang the line but unfortunately the chap dealing with it isn't always in the office - he may be in tomorrow? - if not to leave a message and they will ring me back - but as I work full-time I don't want anyone ringing me in work about this.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Jb

Hi

I went along as a helper to the Help programme in our area and I must admit it was really good and I am sure helped all the parents that attended. I think you would be ok to get on with your daughter even aged 13 but best to speak to them direct. But yes its well worth it.

Hi,

My son was dx'd at 13 and I attended a NAS Help programme when he was 14. The one I attended was specifically aimed at parent's of older children. Most of the parent's had children around Secondary school age. It was well worth attending.

i have just finished a help programme today and im sure that there were parents of teenage children on it.

From what i understood if your child has been dx,d in the last 18months then you qualify.

It was really good and i hope you get a place on it

Many thanks for all your replies.

I'll definitely try again tomorrow - the flyer only mentioned the 5-11yrs group - but I'll see what they say.

Thanks again,

Take care,

Jb