oracle

For Paula

hi pet dont know much about what has happened to your family but has your babe been seen by CAMHS?..also i think publicity is the way to go.it shows you have nothing to hide.i would if i were you start to write everything down in a essay form.for the future as i think you may have to go to court...im going to jump back and read your original post (trust me to everything back to front)love noogsy

i really do thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for your support, you are indeed an awsome bunch.

it appears my case is now even more complex, when my son was 6-7 his behaviour problems were chronic.

At the same time however my eldest had been diagnosed with panic attacks , anxiety and ocd, myself and con went along to see a dr k that was treating my eldest.

as the first session progressed questions were raised not only about my eldest but about the impact of cons behaviour on the family, course i answered the questions honestly and as we were about to leave dr k commented on how he thought con had a seperation anxiety disorder but said he was checking a few things out though first.

upon my return this dr k s attitude had changed the conversation had turned into my parenting skills lacking a certain gusto and he gave me a leaflet on positive parenting.

we went afterwards with my eldest an i explained to dr k that although i respected his views i was having dire problems now getting my son con to go to school as well as the truck load of other problems i had with him.

dr k said, con why wont you go to school ??? con said coz no-one will play with me and everyone calls me names.

dr k said, really and what is it that they call you con ??

con said, they call me fat .....

dr k said, do you think your fat con ???

con said, no....

then dr k rose from his seat and led con into another room and weighed him....

they returned with a piece of paper with a graph on it , dr k , laid it on the table in front of con, and with his pen drew a cross upon it , which showed con his weight. he said ok con now then most 7yr olds are here, and you are right up here, in fact you are almost double the weight a 7 yr old should really be.....

at this point i was beginning to feel very uncomfortable.

dr k said, so con it seems you were wrong, and your friends were right , you are overweight......

now then what should you do to stop your school chums calling you names ???

hmmmm.....

what would make them want to play with you again ??? hmmmm......

ok i will tell you, you need to lose weight, do you agree ??? our con nodded.....

your mum needs to put you on a diet , though i must say i think it will take about a year for you to get it off.....you need to lose weight no ifs buts or maybe s im afraid. its all up to you, if you want to have friends and not get called this is what you must do ok.....im not joking either look at that graph, would you like to take it with you....

i looked across at con at that point and must be honest i wanted to cry for him..... i was very suprised he hadnt crumbled as i would have done . call me protective but i didnt like the way this doctor treated my son, i believe their are ways and means of pointing things out to children and his manner quite frankly left me quite disgusted........THIS DR has now come onto the scene claiming he assessed con and found absolutely nothing wrong with him of course he is the camhs doctors collegue.....

so now they are saying that 2 doctors have assessed my son finding nothing, then dr m comes along and diagnoses him with aspergers tourettes add odd within the home enviroment and sensory integration disorder which i truely believe. now we have this lady in scotland whom i must stress wasnt dragged into this by me......never the less her wavery watery hasnt seen all the video , but cant really confirm anything .....doesnt ruddy help as now my solicitor says when care proceedings start (absolutely anytime now) he is obligated to divulge her lack of findings to the local authority which means.........3 docs nil 1 doc 1 my maths tell me ive not a hope in hell ........im so angery and frustrated i could scream.

hugs guys ,

bless, >:D<<'>

paula

Dont give up Paula, stay strong. Go over everything make a diary, it will help you remain focused and positive.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Surely you could be fighting that the system has let you down, and instead of working against you, to start working with you so you can get your son back on track. Why dont you ask the solicitor why they are not trying to help you. Taking him out of his home isnt the answer.

Keep strong, keep fighting, but keep calm too.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :pray::pray:

Fxx

HI Paula

Reading this stuff just make feel sick to my stomach, I don't know what to do to help, you do need to see an asd expert, who is sympathetic to asd and is prepared to stick there head above the paraphet, which probably very few are or else just don't tell them of the problems going on, because they will run a mile, it is distrurbing that it is like this but it is also what I observed

It is very disturbing what is going on< my nephew also has all traits of asd and her psychiatrist at first told her it was autism and then retracted it and told her it was her parenting skills. she decided to stay well away from them as they were trying this control game and I could see it a mile off, and told her so, luckily she got a referal eventually despite it being turned down first time to an asd paediatrican who was retiring in 2 months and therefore had nothing to lose by doing a proper assessment and dxing him with asd and I have no doubt that it was because she was retiring.

They all seem to stick together it is very distrubing that no one is prepared to stick there head above the paraphet in order to help your son is disgusting. I don't know what to suggest on how to get out of this except going to stay with someone changing you r name or something and severing contacts with them. i know it sounds drastic, and it may not be possible to do that, I'm just grasping at straws.

Sorry I'm not much help

Thinking of you though

Edited by florrie

>:D<<'> I am lost for words. :wallbash: Please try and get this in the public eye, make them know you have absolutly nothing to hide. Dont allow them to swallow you in this corrupt system. YOU ARE THE EXPERT... con is your son, and by god paula you deserve to be believed. Sending all these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> your way. Stay strong.

We will always be here to do what we can.

Shaz x

Paula is Oliver Cyriax halping you? He's heading the MSBP enquiry for MP's and there is also another guy called xxxxxxxxx (included this name in my pm) who does the same kind of work. And then there is xxxxxxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines)

Has anyone ever patched you up with any of these people? If you are looking for publicity go to Five Live and ask them about the piece they did on Debbie Storey. It was called the Curious Battle and it turned out to be massive. The programme maker was Matthew Chapman and I was on the broadcast with Debbie who was in a similar situation as yourself. Five Live may just do somthing?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,5024746-105248,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3687612.stm

http://www.connects.org.uk/profilenews.cfm?id=6573

check these out.

Carole

Edited by nellie

Paula, I think Oracle has the right idea.

You need to get hold of some big names fast and get them on side. I would start at the top and contact xxxxxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) office, as he is quoted extensively in the articles Oracle mentions. xxxxxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) has certainly been active in similar areas, although I don't how you could contact her.

Ring the NAS; ring Eliot House, their diagnostic service. They may not be able to help but they may know someone who can.

I know most people think journalists are ######, but in this situation you may find someone to champion your cause, who can dig and contact big names on your behalf. Oracle has lready mentioned Five Live; try the BBC and try the national newspapers, too; don't forget the Sundays. It may mean a huge phone bill but it could also mean you make contact with someone who can help.

In the meantime, lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lizzie

Edited by nellie

xxxxxxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) has certainly been active in similar areas, although I don't how you could contact her.

I do.

The thing is xxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) will remember Debbie - God I remember Debbie :crying: and don't want to see this happen again. Five Live will remember Debbie and Simon will remember Debbie he dx'd her sons when everyone else said that Debbie was the problem.

I have the broadcast should anyone need it I also have one more name who if necessary I am willing to contact should all of the above fail to come through.

Oracle

Edited by nellie

couldnt sleep :hypno: , came on here coz i knew id not been on an you guys would be wondering if all was well......

i had to take a breather , i know you understand, ive just been gigglin my head off at you lot breakin the rules

above here.... :lol:

im ok, got a couple of contacts , and hey, no fear im on the phone tomorrow :huh:

you guys are great!!! i wish icould respond to everyone just know your words of support are read and appreciated :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: oh well better trot back upstairs get some sleep, its people like you that keep people like me going, thank you....

god bless!!!

paula >:D<<'>

Hope you got some more sleep - still :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: like mad!

Hope all your phone calls etc etc get straight through to the right person without delay.

Stay strong - we're all rooting for you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:robbie: from J :)

I hope that you get somewhere with these 'names'.I have a friend who I believe ciould end up facing a similar battle in time.

It is so awful how professionals just don't seem to want to 'see' it these days.I hope that the people with expertise can help you.xx

Edited by CarerQuie

Hi Paula,

How are you holding up today hon?

Where and who was this consultant in Scotland (pm me or you'll get into trouble!! ;) )

I'm so sorry you are going through this and i think the way that so called Dr spoke to your son about his weight was appalling.

You need media intervention and soon! Public outrage is what you need to make these people sit back and take notice that what they are doing is outrageous.

We are all here and rooting for you, you know where i am if you need a chat! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi sweetie i hope you are doing ok.thinking about you love noogsy

hi just thought id touch base with you all.....been busy twirling around contacting anyone basically that can possibly help our situation.

i recently learned that theres a certain doc at camhs is well known throughout the country for defending the FII msbp label.....this may spell real trouble for me as she works in the same camhs dept as the camhs doc that said my son is fine. its a nightmare for sure but i know as long as im honest ive nothing to feel bad about ,even if the worst happens.....

tired today but godda clean up, i have a visit tomorrow from SW and nurse , she wants to talk to con , WHAT CAN I SAY, CANT WAIT.....im gonna photograph my home before they arrive so they cannot tear me to pieces in reports.....

hope your all ok ,

bye for now....

paula

guys, i needed a miracle....

i found out my son had gone to one of the few FII /MSBP camhs units in the country, a certain female doctor, defends the label at conferences across the country , writes books, journals, guidance for other consultants.....and worked at the very same camhs unit my son went to......

yep i needed a miracle, a lovely lady from awares forum offered help, id had a few offers wasnt sure how serious she was to be perfectly honest.

anyway luckily enough i decided to give her a ring anyhow......

i hadnt a clue who barbara jacobs was ??? so when she asked me if i knew who she was i sheepishly declined.

when she told me she was a journalist,writer,broadcaster,and lecturer on the autistic spectrum in the uk and usa my jaw dropped.

she has written me the most superb letter for the social services, telling them that my family is part of her research for her fast track phD, that she was studying multi model and multi agency provision. also she would be guided by her supervisor and close personal friend tony ATT**** .......

she is now my autism advisor, and invites the ss to contact her , the letter is lengthy and detailed and she makes suggestions as to how they may conduct themselves when clearly my son has aspergers......i cant wait to give it to them.

this may well save my son from going into care,

i had to share this with you as you have all been so very supportive of me, and i really cannot thank you all enough, youve kept me going.

will keep you posted ,

hugs, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

paula :D

Sweetheart I really really really hope this is the first positive step towards resolving this horrendous situation.

You are in my thoughts and I continue to send you positive vibes.

(((()))) to you and your family.