elaine1

Im gobsmacked!

>:D<<'> T got out of bed this morning and i shouted good morning from the kitchen - went into the lounge and i saw a sight to behold!.

He had got a pair of scissors during the night, (he had them for homework project), and cut a very wide strip of hair off from the front to the back of his head.

It was cut to the scalp with tufty bits in between but the rest is normal length. He has had to go to school looking like that cos i just couldnt do anything with it it was cut so short. ill have to take him to the barbers tonight and get them to shave it all off, whoopie he hates the shaver!!!!

I could cry it looks so bad, his reason was that his head was itching, he had just washed his hair and he decided to cut it. Thing is hes in secondary school theyre going to laugh him out of the playground. i cant wait till he gets home and i can sort it out. :o

Oh dear, I bet you didn't know whether to laugh or cry :o:lol:

If his head was that itchy, have you checked for nits? Sorry if this has offended you, but Ben had an itchy head last summer and I kept checking but couldn't see anything. After a couple of weeks I decided to go through it with a nit comb and he had a veritable infestation :sick: You can't always see the nits as they are often camouflaged by the hair colour so the only way to know is when you use the nit comb.

Just a thought

Otherwise, hope he doesn't have too much of a bad day at school because of it. >:D<<'>

Flora

Oh dear, hope he doesn't get nasty comments and laughs from the other children.

My son has done this several times too he was younger and to his sisters hair, I could of screamed atthe time, lol.

Hope he's ok atthe hairdressers tonight

He had just washed his hair and it always itches while its wet, its ok once its dry. i have looked but he is 13 and quite honestly doesnt get close enough to anyone to catch their nits lol.

Elaine >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope he's not picked on by other kids.

Just to cheer you up, try to see it on the bright side, he uses scissors to do his school project by himself, he washed his hair by himself and he goes to the barbers!! :clap: I'd be jumping with joy if my son decided to do any of those things :lol::lol:

Curra

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Oh dear hope school is ok.If he feels as bad about the barbers as Ben he will remember not to make the same mistake again.Karen

Hope he doesn't get teased about it :).

two of my boys had a hair sheering moment, your post has reminded me of it, it was so funny, a random trim, dont know if this was an experiement or curiosity or what but it was many years ago now:)

When my brother was little he got hold of my dad's hair clippers and ran a nice long bald line from front to back too....and I got blamed for it :o

I pleaded innocence all day until finally my mum asked him to show her how he had cut his hair - so he went and got the hair clippers and did it again! :lol:

Needless to say I got off with a 'not guilty' sentence! :D

Oh Elaine...hope the trip to the barbers went ok. My dd 6, had beautiful long hair with ringlets before she smuggled some kitchen scissors out of the kitchen, into the toy room and hacked half of it off, including half her fringe, which she'd hacked to scalp level.. :crying::crying: the hairdresser tried her best bless her, but she looked scarily like the fella from human league for awhile with a very stylish angled fringe... :unsure::unsure: When I asked her why she'd done it, she said to be like her sister, who has a short bob. Ho hum....had to admire her initiative really :lol::lol:

BTW...our ds is 12...well, 13 this week and has headlice more often than my two dd's put together..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks for yr comments, his dad went out and bought some clippers and did it himself, even though its very short you can see his scalp through it there are still areas where u can see he went right down to the bare scalp, how he didnt cut himself ill never know.

hi my big son who is 23years old had one of the mohawk hair cuts where they cut the hair short at the sides but it is long on top.he came into the house started examining his head decided it was squint.i wasnt paying attention to him as he was going to a diner dance that night .i thought he would be fine.i went outside hung up my washing came into the house and he had shaved the whole lot of.he had a billiard ball on his head :unsure::tearful: .....then he started whining and winging.im like saying to him why didnt you go back to the barber and get it sorted....like ive got time for that he said.he went to the diner dance with a tammy on his head.NICE NOT :crying: ...he is have a adult evaluation being done over the coming months.... :dance: thankfully.love noogsy

[quote name='elaine1' date='Oct 9 2006, 09:30 AM' post='121165'. i have looked but he is 13 and quite honestly doesnt get close enough to anyone to catch their nits lol.

Cara had the dreaded critters a couple of weeks ago and i caught them - yuk, but i doubt they could catch Hayden he never stays still for 2 secs and he has the infamous 'autistic hairdo' (all shaved off) lol

I treated her with Hedrin and she's been scratting at her head ever since :( My heads been a bit itchy but not as bad as hers.

Clare

i hope he got on ok at school shannon cut hers just before the summer holidays hers was down to her bum and she cut it 2 the nape of her neck then told us she wanted to be a boy :lol: she is just getting some fringe back now and has school photos done on fri