Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Inconsiderate beep beep pharmacy

I put Bill's repeat prescription into that pharmacy (xxxxxxxx) (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) about a month ago. I left it a week before I went in to collect it as I know they have to order it in (Melatonin).

Went in to collect it and they didn't have it. Was about to erupt when he said, oh but we have 5mg tablets rather than the 2.5 mg capsules he's been prescribed. I said great, I'll take them, we prefer the tabs to the caps and he gave me 15, the script was for 30 days supply; he said come back in a week or two and we'll have the rest in for you.

Forward to today; was about to nip in to town to collect the rest of the melatonin and thought I'd ring first; rang them to be told they couldn't get it anywhere :o . I don't believe they can't get it anywhere. We've got none left and Bill can't sleep without it. I rang a couple more pharmacies up to see if they could get it. One (the smallest unheard of one) rang me back and said they've sourced it and can get it by Friday. So then I had to ring the GP for another prescription specifying the 5mg tabs rather than the 2.5mg caps :hypno: and had to explain the situation to 2 receptionist and an admin person before anyone knew what I was on about :wallbash:

We've now got 3 nights without melatonin because of this huge pharmacy chain messing it all up. I'm going to have to contact their head office because it isn't the first time this particular place has messed up Bill's prescriptions.

Grrrrrrrrr

rant over :oops:

Flo' X

Edited by nellie

Flo, no wonder your angry...I would be too. Will be thinking over you over the next few nights.....is there anything else which may help your ds to sleep? Its a shame the GP or hospital don't have emergency supplies for when things like this happen. Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Quiet a few struggle to get it, and many have stopped getting in the capsules here aswell, depends who supplies them. My local Pharmacy can't get it but luckily I drop them off at a xxxxxx (edited to comply with forum rules and guidelines) one without a pharmacy and they get the one that is 15 miles from me to deliver them. Such a chew on.

Edited by nellie

Do you want to borrow my rubber hammer?!

Seriously, I hope it's not as bad as you're expecting and it doesn't unsettle him too much. Look forward to the great night's sleep you'll get on Saturday!

Karen

x

My pharmacy are having the very same problem, luckily K has still got a few days left but I was given 5 days worth and asked to return at the end of the week???

When renewing the perscription the nurse at the doctors had never heard of melationin she said it was the first time she had come across it...

Contact your paed or get pharmacy to contact hospital pharmacy direct! We had this problem with our useless pharmacy and I had to go to the hosp to pick up some capsules whilst a source was being found!

To be fair it is a named person med and hard to get hold of, but if they have done it previously they should have had a stock for you!

A x

one of the big well known pharmacist takes a week to get it. Yet a small independent pharmacist can get it the next day.

Jen

We've had a lot of problems with pharmacies as well. The best place to get them is the hospital pharmacy and our consultant now prescribes 6 months supply at at time. As my daughter has an appointment every 6 months we're ok most of the time.

In america you can buy them over the counter in health food shops so when we were on holiday we stocked up on them for emergencies. I quite often take them, they're very good!!!

Lisa

The Paed prescribes ours, which means that we have to get it from the hospital pharmacy. Fortunately he gives us at least 3mths of melatonin at a time so it's not too bad. The queues at hospital pharmacies can be a nightmare. :fight:

The queues at hospital pharmacies can be a nightmare. :fight:

Damn sick people - If it wasn't for them, hospitals would be a lot less crowded :lol:

Hi,

I don't balme you for being cross, i would be fuming too! Somehow i don't think these people realise what a nightmare (literally) it can be without melatonin.

I've had trouble with getting it before too. Luckily our local pharmacist is really good and knows us well. She always manages to get Kai's meds from somewhere. I've just moved house, but i still drive over to our old pharmacy because i know i won't have any problems there.

We also (like Lisa) stock up on Melatonin from the US. My mum goes there quite a bit, so she always buys a few bottles. If you have any friends or relatives going there, maybe they could get you a supply?

Hope sleep is restored again,

Loulou xx

hiya floz , hope your o.k., we,ve had a similar problem getting hold of melatonin, luckily we did,nt run out though.Hope your o.k. hun, if you,ve still got my number give us a ring hugs suzex(can,t find yours :( )

Hiya folks.

Well the little chemist I rang have come up stars. They are getting a delivery of 60 melatonin and have even arranged with the surgery for them to send the prescription to them so I don't have to make two trips.... Bill's been a bit restless at night but not too bad.

Suze... >:D<<'> :D I've lost your number too hun... what are we like? I will pm you and maybe we could natter on Friday when I'm not working, if you're around...

Love Flo' XXX