Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Parent Partnership

Well after mondays meeting with all the different "professionals" involved with M and after the LEA saying that they are not treating M as AS because he doesnt have an NHS dx i started thinking.

And i started feeling angry so i phoned Parent Partnership.

I told her that i knew what the LEA had said re accepting M,s dx was illegal and that if they were going to try and pull that trick on us then i would be commencing legal action against them as i was fed up of them trying to do things that arent right/illegal.

I also suggested that the LEA do their homework with regards to our psych as he is very well known and comes highly recommended by the NAS and if they accept what he says then who are the LEA to say no.

so she phoned me back an hour later and said that the LEA lady had got back to her office after the meeting and looked through M,s notes and done some checking on our psych and she has discovered that he is a highly respected professional and does know what he,s talking about and that I had completely got the wrong end of the stick as she never said that a statement couldnt be written without an NHS dx. :o

So i was further annoyed, the PP lady tried to smooth things over by saying that the LEA lady hadnt realised that was how it came across but i said "she,s meant to know SEN law inside out and if she doesnt know then what hope is there for the rest of us"?

I mentioned a statement and what i was prepared to do if they refused him one and she said "I dont think they are going to refuse M a statement, they realise that you will take this as far as it will go, thats the vibes im picking up anyway"

Afterwards i thought, she shouldnt be really saying that should she?

Or does it not matter that she said that, im not sure, does anyone know?

Thanks

Some parent partnership staff are so very closely linked to the lea its hard to see the divide, especially if they recieve funding from them.

I think she is negotiating with you both and being a polition. If you have doubts about her impartiality just be careful what she tells you , although at the moment it seems to be working to your advantage!!!!!!!!!!

She sounds a bit more forthcoming and helpful than my PP person ever was! :wacko:

It sounds as though she's doing a reasonable job of liasing with the LEA and keeping you informed. PPS are supposed to remain fairly neutral and give you objective information about the whole process.

She probably shouldn't have said what she did about the statement - it woul backfire on her if she was wrong about that. If she's right, it's a hopeful sign that things are moving in your favour, but I'd be wary about accepting anything she says as true until you've heard it from the LEA, preferably in writing.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Oh yes, be very careful with what PP says as true, because it may not be so at all! After one very upsetting session with PP I contacted IPSEA and just about everything this woman from PP had told me had been untrue and some even downright illegal. This was a pity because she did help me in the beginning, for which I'll always be grateful, but I won't let her 'help' me ever again as she was too clearly only trying to pave the way for the LEA to do whatever they wanted to. Thanks to IPSEA this didn't work!

Just incase this is some sort of delaying tactic there using you know to get you to stop from calling the lawyers out...could you phone Lea lady discuss what PP said ie basically that she herself now thinks differently from the views she expressed at the meeting and ask her to put this is writing to you. Im just thinking if the meeting was minuted then what took place at it is all the 'official' descisions you've got but now things appear to have changed but only verbally I think getting something in writing at this point might help incase things reverse and who said what is changed. Sorry I'm not wording this well (do I ever lol) but do u see what I mean? It's all word of mouth and deniable later, written stuff is better to have and if they won't give it you now, you could go ahead with your plans as the were before.

Lorraine

Edited by bramblebrae