Sign in to follow this  
hev

stattera

probably spelt it wrong,steves been on it for a week,i think cahms said it would calm him down,any experiences of it i would be grateful for,thanks

Ds was on it at the beginning of the year along with Ritalin. He was given it because of its anti anxiety properties but it had no effect. He probably did calm down a bit but he may have done that without the meds but we stopped it because his tics and calling out odd things became so much more pronounced.

That was just our experience, hope you get on ok

Carrie

Well it takes about 6 weeks to start working. My son was on it for quite a while and he was calmer on it but if he went into one it was much worse. It's meant to last the whole 24 hours and his sleep did improve on it. I cfhanged it because I wasn't sure if it made his outbreaks wosre or wether it was a parenting course that I was doing atthe time which contributed to it.

Keep us dated, I hope it works for him >:D<<'>

its an anti depressant......el went on this for nine weeks and i'm sorry to say that it was a complete nightmare....have heard that some parents have found it helpful tho so it might work for your son. good luck!

Hi Hev,

Kai was on this for a while instead of Ritalin as he was getting so many side effects. Unfortunately i never found out if it worked for him b/c the tablets were too big for him to swallow.

It is an anti-depressant, but it has been found to help with ADHD. Some people prefer it as it's not a stimulant.

It may be worth ringing CAMHS and asking for them to explain in properly to you. They should have made it clear before sending you home with it to be honest :shame: . There is a website too but i can't remember the address, try googling Straterra and see if you can find it.

Loulou xx