Devon mum

Strange happenings

How many of you have had similar experiences?

This morning my DD was awake reading loudly at 6am, then she started shouting at 6.30, so I went in to ask her not to shout.

She did even though the words in the book were shouty words, she does try to be quiet when she is up and it's still dark.

Well later on, at a much more human time of a Saturday morning, I was in the boy's room and DD came in to ask DS2 if he had woken up when she threw his glow-sticks into his room and they hit his metal bed legs - he hadn't as he sleeps like a log! :huh:

I asked when she did that, "when I came up stairs mum". :blink:

Hmmmm!

Puzzled, I asked her if that was before she had been reading, she said yes it was, then just to make sure I asked her who else was up.

"no one it was just me" :o

I knew that the glow-sticks were in the freezer, and when I looked in the freezer at tea time I noticed that her icecream had changed drawer too! :rolleyes:

Well she said she was hungry when she went to bed!

Probably my fault she didn't sleep all night, for letting her have two days off school - waaay too runny a bottom :sick: for school, can't figure out why as she is not off her food!?!

reece is always up and wandering around at weired times of the moning or middle of the night usually playing with his trains or reading very loudly

kieran often wanders up and down stairs once ive gone to bed ,and he s supposed to be in his bedroom asleep, but once i hear him turn his light off i can settle for the night as he usually doesnt come out again untill the morning.

lynn

This morning my DD was awake reading loudly at 6am, then she started shouting at 6.30, so I went in to ask her not to shout.

She did even though the words in the book were shouty words, she does try to be quiet when she is up and it's still dark.

Sounds just like my DS2! He sits and reads on the landing. He's also just got into putting expression into his reading, so we get total amazement and shouting and excitement and all the rest to the nth degree (his teacher would be proud) and his voice reaches into every little corner of the house. He tries to whisper his reading when I remind him (if it might wake the others) and he does try hard, bless him. :wub:

He's massively angry this morning because he wants to buy a new reading book and the answer's no. Sounds mean, I know, but we did buy him one yesterday and he was given eight more for his birthday yesterday! No, he hasn't read them yet but I think this could be his latest 'interest'. Anyone familiar with the Rainbow Magic series of fairy books?? There's hundreds of them! :wacko:

Lizzie x

Oh yes. intimate acquaintance with fairy magic books. Not helped by the fact that the shop assistant said you can write in and request one to be written with your name as the fairy if there isn't already one! As for books I now haunt the charity shops and buy them and stock up. it's amazing what books get given to them - some have hardly been opened. Our local heart shop is the best - the books are only 20 - 50p and they have offers sometimes too. I recently bought 40 for �2. Stashed in my loft to be brought out at intervals! Love Kat

Our youngest dd has always woken early, even from being a baby. Doesn't seem to matter what time of year it is, if the mornings are dark or light, or even what time she falls asleep, she's up really early. I know I shouldn't complain, she does sleep all night after all, but I miss those pre kiddie lazy lie ins. Every morning I'm woken with her stroking my head, calling me Bubby, and saying I'm cute. Sometimes feels like Groundhog Day. We've managed to get her to go to the loo by herself and switch her light on and play.in her room...but she won't play for long, and tends to wander into our room insisting we get up. She will also shout and scream, no matter what time it is, if she's getting cross because something won't fit somewhere or do something she wants it to do! She likes to take her toys apart and see if she can fit them into something else. She loves her books too, although did have a tendency to rip them up or write all over them....seems to be getting less and less now. We go to charity shops too for them....they are SO expensive new!

kieran often wanders up and down stairs once ive gone to bed ,and he s supposed to be in his bedroom asleep, but once i hear him turn his light off i can settle for the night as he usually doesnt come out again untill the morning.

lynn

Being aware of this wandering about in the very small hours is a bit new to our family, I feel maybe she has done it for longer than I know. :unsure:

For the last few years, I nearly always wake up at around 3 am and have never been able to work out why.

So I am now wondering if that is because she has been wandering about the house and has only just now beeen telling me about it.

My DD will not sleep with the light off, in fact she goes to sleep with it on and then we turn it off when we go to bed, but it will always be on again in the morning.

It's interesting to know how many other's little ones do this, our DD is only just Dx'd and we have had out DS1 go through sleep walking and sleep talking, he still does talk in his sleep.

DS2 goes to sleep, eventually, and that's that 'til morning for him.

So does anyone know what they are up to, has anyone managed to witness these goings on? :ph34r:

Edited by Devon mum

Sounds just like my DS2! He sits and reads on the landing. He's also just got into putting expression into his reading, so we get total amazement and shouting and excitement and all the rest to the nth degree (his teacher would be proud)

Lizzie x

It is nice to hear them read with expression, my DS1 is still not quite there yet, but I really do wonder if they are actually allowed to read in quite then same way at school, there never seems to be enough time.

Our DD puts so much into her reading that she likes to act out what she is reading .... can make for a loooong reading session.

hi DM my babe has never slept much.not only that when he does sleep he talks and shouts in his sleep.we get no peace in our house...noogsy

T often wanders in the night, then when i make his bed i find empty packets of crisps under his pillow and bottles of pop under his bed!. no wonder he is zonked in the morning!. >:D<<'>