hev

letting him go out

i think years of steve getting the blame automatically for things have taken its toll,i cannot bear him playing out with other kids,es 13 now and i know if things go wrong hes the one who gets the blame,half time prob is him but not always

anyway where we live now he dont go out as he dont know anyone but hes at mums tonight and his old primary friends have called for him,they are not a nice bunch and hes gone out with them,mums told him to be in at 8,that wont happen,hate thought of him being out in dark,dont wanna moan at mum cos shes a great help to me,am now on tenderhooks waiting for him to come in,what can they possibly do at night time?iow he wants to be like all other kids but i think hes too vunerable and easily led,just gonna sit here chewing my nails till mum says hes in :crying:

i think years of steve getting the blame automatically for things have taken its toll,i cannot bear him playing out with other kids,es 13 now and i know if things go wrong hes the one who gets the blame,half time prob is him but not always

anyway where we live now he dont go out as he dont know anyone but hes at mums tonight and his old primary friends have called for him,they are not a nice bunch and hes gone out with them,mums told him to be in at 8,that wont happen,hate thought of him being out in dark,dont wanna moan at mum cos shes a great help to me,am now on tenderhooks waiting for him to come in,what can they possibly do at night time?iow he wants to be like all other kids but i think hes too vunerable and easily led,just gonna sit here chewing my nails till mum says hes in :crying:

Well, it's nearly 8.30 now, so hopefully he's back safe and sound and has had a good time.

Aw, it must be such a worry for you. :o I'm lucky in a way, my lad is 13 next month and has no friends and no inclination to go anywhere at all! :lol: He's totally dependant on having an adult with him and it'll be years before we can leave him at home or he can pop out to the shop on his own, but at least I know he's safe and sound in his bedroom where I can see him! :P It must be very worrying when they want to go out and about and yet aren't quite as savvy as the other kids! :blink:>:D<<'>

Hope you can relax now. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Did he get back safely?

We're just beginning to have problems with G wanting to play out and things happen even though I'm sat at the gate watching him. Always (I was going to say 'usually' but when I thought about it, it is 'always') triggered by someone else as G knows the rules. Unfortunately the local kids have realised it's very easy to make George blow up - and when he does that's what everyone sees, not the 10 comments made beforehand.

I'm dreading him being 13!

I can guarantee mine comes in to the minute because he's infactuated with time :D .....but he keeps saying the other kids are hurting him, and his stuff goes missing :crying:

Kieran as no friends either as he went to a special school and not many of his friends live around here as the school was 10 miles away,the one friend he stills sees used to live up the road but he move 13 miles away all be it 25 mins in the car so he does still come and stay some weekends.kieran is 20 now and the only time he leaves the house is to spend his money every fortnight ,even that is getting less and less he d rather my youngest ds just go to town for him, as kieran just dislikes going out but he is quiet happy about it and doesnt mind staying in.

lynn

Hi Hev,

Hope everything was ok and Steve came in on time. I'm dreading Kai getting to that age. Even now i can't stand him being out on his bike incase the "little darlings" round the corner wind him up. It's such a worry >:D<<'> .

Loulou x

well hes up mums now and hes got to be in by 8,i will be ringing his mobile at 5 to 8 just to make sure!!cannot bear him going out,will relax once he gets in,be glad when half term over,he dont go out after school at all

oh no i hate it too! el is all into footie now and just wants to be out playing it....luckily they play it on the green bit right outside my house.....so when they are doing that they are not all falling out with eachother...its nerve wracking tho isnt it!

well hes up mums now and hes got to be in by 8,i will be ringing his mobile at 5 to 8 just to make sure!!cannot bear him going out,will relax once he gets in,be glad when half term over,he dont go out after school at all

How does he cope with a mobile? We're thinking of getting our ds one so we can contact him and make sure he's ok but worried that other kids will steal or break it for him.

My younger ds was in the same boat. He was always picked on when he went out to play with his so called "mates" mainly because he had an obsession with cloakes, he wore one for about 6 years!!! Honest!! Because he looked so different he would obviously get picked on. I spoke to other kids parents an explained about asd, but don't think it did much. Kids didn't change much at all. They came round with a pitiful apology which ds accepted readily as he was desperate to play out again....only to be picked on and bullied again. Ds couldn't understand how the other kids could be so hurtful while being sorry for hurting him the time before. I got him a mobile phone, a godsend actually, he uses it all the time. I got a very old fashioned one, quite large purely so no one else would want to pinch it off him as any kid wanting the latest things wouldn't want to be seen with such an out of date phone but it works and that's all it needs to do for us!