Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

M had his medical asessment today

The Paed was really nice, he listened to everything i had to say and when i showed him our psych.s dx letter stating that M has AS he said "has the LEA seen this letter" and when i said yes he said "well they can see it again im including it in my report"

At the end he said that he cannot put AS as his dx as he has only seen M for an hour but that all the signs were there and that he was putting "social and communication disorder" as his dx which is good enough for me and the best bit he is recommending that M has full time 1-2 support when he goes back into school!!!!!

He did query that fact that i told him that Ds becomes agressive and anxious over school so i whispered to him to ask M about school and M got very distressed and started making growling noises and banging his hand on the table so he said that he was noting that in his report. Its sad that i had to resort to that as i hate to see M so distressed but i needed him to see M for how he is in real life.

The ed psych phoned me at home and said that she was recommending support in the classroom and either a laptop or a touch screen for M to use as he clearly has problems with his fine motor skills and that she agreed with a social and communication disorder.

So when i got home i was crying, just from the relief of it and i felt exhausted and i went to bed for a couple of hours!!!

Just let the LEA not give us a statement now and we will diefinately be sueing them.

Good response from both the paed and ed psych, these recommendations can only strengthen your position. Hopefully the LEA will take note. :pray:

Stay strong >:D<<'>

K x

This sounds really positive, you must be emotionally exhausted. This evidence should help with getting the necessary provision.

Keep us posted.

Nellie >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> I am so please, while it must have been awful having to get your son to show the pead his feelings for school you must feel relived you are getting somewhere.

Hope you get all the support that you need for your son. You sound like you had a good pead

best wishes opheila :P