Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Pokemon-Is your child into it big time ?Are you ?

I spent an intersting day at the pokemon 10th anniversary convention with Ben.I was wondering how many of your kids are big pokemon fans.Also if you are an adult with Asperger syndrome is it an interest.

There were a lot of people at the convention.My OH and I were just debating whether perhaps those with ASD formed a larger percentage of the total than one would expect.If not then perhaps it is me developing tunnel vision. :D:D:D Perhaps the alternative explanation is that one has to be a very motivated fan to spend hours waiting to have rather strange characters downloaded onto ones gameboy.Karen

Our dd 9 was utterly obsessed with Pokemon, a long while after all her friends had moved on to other things. I'd say it has only been the last few months that the fascination has faded. At one point all she talked about, played with, showed any interest in was Pokemon. She even had a Pokemon room, thanks to ebay!

My daughter was totally obsessed for a few years but it then moved onto something else. It did help her social skills at the time - as the boys in her class were well into it too. She's moved onto Japanese anime in general and a friend gave me a Pokemon magazine only a month back with an article about anime in it. Needless to say I have noticed her trying to influence my 3yr old into watching Pokemon these past few weeks and she also bought the DS Sapphire game recently so I think it is still lurking there below the surface!!!

Take care,

Jb

Yes!! Both of mine have been through the Pokemon stage - my youngest still plays the occasional game on his gameboy but I gather Yu gi oh is the new craze among 9 year olds.

L developed a real obssession with it around age 10 and this lasted well into secondary school - she was still talking about Pokemon when her friends were talking about boy bands and clothes. She was also interested in anime in general and was able to imitate the style so well that she enjoyed a brief spell of popularity drawing characters for all her classmates. She adopted the name of a Pokemon character and for a while would only answer to this name. Her brother still calls her by this name - (no it's not Jigglypuff, thank goodness! :o)

The two of them used to sit in the back of the car reciting endless scripts from Pokemon films. (Shakespeare, it certainly isn't :wacko: ) I was so glad when she moved on to Lord of the Rings! :lol:

K x

My dd was well into Pokemon first time round (about 6 or 7 years ago I think)... so much so that she spent �11 of her birthday money on ONE card :o I was horrified.... especially when she swopped it at school for something else... these little plastic dinosaurs that all the kids were collecting, swopping and playing some flicking game with.... remember those? Can't remember their exact name but you got about 5 in a packet and there was much excitement if there was a gold or silver coloured one :huh:

Flora

el was into pokemon first time round and then didnt bother for a bit, but now its the johto leage she is into it again.....i dont mind pokemon, actually i do love team rocket they are really funny!!! :lol:

One of my son's friends is having "Pokemon party" for his 10th birthday this weekend. I've been looking round the shops for Pokemon related stuff but it's not easy to find nowadays!

K x