Sign in to follow this  
Amanda32

Inclusion

Hi everyone not been on much due to my computer is broke down and in the process of being looked at. :crying:

I wondered if anyone knew about SNRB being under discussion in my area being closed down.

Well it's been in the papers about Extending Inclusion a proposed statement. I have only just heard about it and can have my say like all other parents in my area. What they are proposing is close them all down and put our kids all in mainstream classes with teaching assistants.... :wallbash::angry::angry: The education dept are trying to save money and put money into a school and extend that for children that are very bad and then put the rest of the money all around the schools for teaching assistants. I have stated my views and amongst lots of other parents have done the same and are waiting for a date we all can attend a meeting with education dept to ask them to explain to us what their intentions are in a way we can understand because i cant understand what they have put down on the proposal. They are saying our kids with SEN should get more independance and walk home from school with mainstream kids but my son is not capable of that and anyway we are too far away from the school. What my views are that if they were to put all SEN kids in a mainstream class even with help they will not get all the attention they are entitled to. If your child as not got a statement but in a SNRB they will have difficulties getting one because they are saying its too much money nearly �5000 each child to get one. I could go on and on what they are thinking about doing. At the moment its just primary school SNRB that may close but secondary schools that have units etc is under review..... :angry::angry: Anyway sorry to go on I was going to go to the papers but others have already done that all us parents can do is attend the meeting and hope for some honesty of them (I doubt it)

To be honest they just want to waste money elsewhere on things that are not necessary.

Hope everyone is in good health and not haveing a bad time

Take care

Lots of love

Amanda

oh no!!! sounds like they have made up their minds.....looks like you are going to have a fight on your hands.....am sending you some kick ass vibes as it looks like you are going to need them :angry:

Morning all... >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Just want to say I have a meeting at my sons school tomorrow with other parents to discuss what the inclusion is all about. There is another meeting I can attend on saturday with some of the people from the education department to also discuss the inclusion so lets hope we have some answers what their intentions are for our kids future.

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Just an update had a meeting within the school to discuss the inclusion and Im now understanding it a bit better. There was only a couple of us parents that turned up which was very dissapointing..... :(:( Basically what the the head teacher told us what he thinks is happening (yes he's in the dark too) split classes into 2 of 8 children with SEN but there will be children left over that cant get into one of the classes which will still need the help. So to be honest even the teachers etc could be out of a job :unsure::unsure: We was given information about another parent who as informed the local AM and if anyone else would like to say something we could as may help. I have emailed this person but somebody in this line of work are always busy so may not get a reply..... :unsure::unsure: The meeting I have tomorrow will be local with members from Education to listen to us all so lets just see if they are trying to change everything. Dont know why they are doing this as the system is working with SNRB my son is doing well and many others to. Anyway thanks for listening and will let you know what the outcome is if anyway would like to know.

Thanks

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32