Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Toys

im 45 canopus and i still play with toys

i go to my nephews and play with theirs, i play with my nieces, dressing up, tea party and dolls house. my boys play with electronic toys, remote control toys and will still use crayons and felt tips

there is no upper age limit for toys a kaliedoscope[sp] can be as fascinating to a 2 yr old as a 102 year old

get a pot of bubble solution out and age is irrelevant, as is a football, a frisbee. a yoyo

was there a specific reason you asked this

Edited by mrs phasmid

I still have my own dolls and im 28. My best one is a cabbage patch kid :D

Well despite all the heavy hints dropped to Mum and Dad, I NEVER EVER got a Ken for my Barbie.

And I'm still sulking.

:crying::crying::angry:

K x ;)

Well despite all the heavy hints dropped to Mum and Dad, I NEVER EVER got a Ken for my Barbie.

And I'm still sulking.

:crying::crying::angry:

K x ;)

I think it's time to write to Santa. He'll sort you out.

Karen

x

was there a specific reason you asked this

We all seem to encounter the saying, kids are growing up faster nowadays and missing out on a childhood. I'm not quite sure what this means in practice but a thought crossed my mind about when kids should stop playing with toys. I also wondered if kids with AS are more likely to play with toys for longer than NT kids because of lack of peer pressure or as a means of physical stimulation.

I also wondered if kids with AS are more likely to play with toys for longer than NT kids because of lack of peer pressure or as a means of physical stimulation.

As AS kids are often less aware of what NT society considers 'age-appropriate' and will happily play with toys untended for much younger children.

Simon

I know someone with NT girls, 9 and 12. She's a bit house proud and has now redecorated and got rid of the girls toys! There are no pink fluffy pillows or a doll in sight, their bedrooms are all decorated like an adults room.

It made me very sad to see :crying:

My boys are 4 and 9 and the place is awash with stuff, I can't wait to get rid of some clutter, but I'm not wishing it away either.

Yes some people are quite ruthless about throwing stuff away - even if it should really be up to the kids themselves. We still have some quite babyish toys ( C is7) not because he plays with them but because he hates getting rid of things (he is a hoarder) and he hates things changing. It's a security thing.

Edited by chriss

i had great fun helpin my nephew build his new birthday lego sets last week!!! well i sort of took over actually :P and have to admit i didnt actually want them played with once they were built......

el is ten and a half nearly and still plays with toddler toys when she gets the opportunity.....

In every adult their is an inner child!

its also estimated that the averag male adult they are 8 year olds inside!

I think I am about 10 when I can feel my inner-child

I love playrooms, games rooms, parks, adventure playgrounds and quite happily loose myself.

I read that Richard Hammond was given Lego to play with to aid his recovery. Apparently, it's good for improving spatial awareness! :D

I was about 12 when I gave up toys ... for boys! I think I left the dolls behind, and started getting into make up and acting more grown up (so I thought).

I have a nephew who is 13 and is still mad on toys, like those robot transformer things etc. I get mad at him for still wanting toys for Christmas and always make a point of not buying toys for him. He has a bedroom crammed with toys (even babyish ones) he just can't seem to let go of them.

I think boys must play with toys for longer.

I guess girls still have soft toys etc but leave all the role play toys behind at an earlier age.

Im nearly 40 (im sara's husband), i believe i have aspergers , i still like childrens toys, my daughter 8 - diagnosed aspergers loves her toys , ASD children love things more than ppl , its a comfort thing , they control and understand the things , they are very predictable.

it seems to me that men never grow at of toys. They just get called gadgets because it is more socially acceptable. Women - my self included thoroughly enjoy playing with their children's/nieces/nephews toys that is the whole point of having children!

a funny from the other day. DS and I were in the park and after following him around, then sitting on the bench for a while I decided to go on the swing. The woman on the bench behind the swings was certainly looking at me. I got off the swing watched DS on the big slide and turned around to her sitting swinging. She couldn't resist having a go after she saw me doing it.

When my friend was pregnant with No2 and we visited a soft play place her daughter didn't really want to go down the slide on her own, they were a lot younger then - so I went on with DS and my friend'd daughter. I really enjoyed it. It certainly explains why most of these places have signs up saying no adults on the slide - the children wouldn't get a look in otherwise!

:lol: Our biggest soft play area has recently started taking evening bookings for companies and family parties!!!