Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Front Page News

i bet you do oracle!!! thats fantastic news, hopefully little katelyn will get a lot more understanding in her new school :dance:

mr thompson (inclusion and achievement manager ???) says this......."Katelyn's exclusion was entirely appropriate in the circumstances and not based upon her disability, but her behaviour"..........is it just me but wasn't her behaviour caused by her disability???

anyway, good to hear that they won the case :dance::dance::dance:

I know this little girl quite well and she does not have behavioural problems - well not the aggressive kind that have been implied. She is a little giggler and never once hurt any of the children in any way. The behaviour which happened only 'once' was not even because of her disibility.

Oracle

Nice to see a happy ending!! I particularly liked:

The decision, which a disability discrimination group today said sent a message out to every school and local education authority (LEA)......

Just sad that the little girl and her mother had to go through this to send a message that SHOULD NOT NEED sending :angry::angry::angry:

Thanks, Oracle...

L&P

BD :D

what i dont understand is, that they won their case for DD, and yet they are STILL claiming that what the little girl did was not part of her disability but her behaviour. are they MAD? silly question i guess.

well, i think its great that this has happend, we need many more cases like this to make a serious dent.

Nice to see a happy ending!! I particularly liked:

The decision, which a disability discrimination group today said sent a message out to every school and local education authority (LEA)......

Just sad that the little girl and her mother had to go through this to send a message that SHOULD NOT NEED sending :angry::angry::angry:

Thanks, Oracle...

L&P

BD :D

Oracle,

This couldn't have been timed better. A colleague and I were arguing with reps from LA about who held the responsibility for adhering to the DDA on Tuesday and they said it was not their problem - It was down to the schools!!

Brilliant - I have now sent the article to them.

Thanks

HelenL

mr thompson (inclusion and achievement manager ???) says this......."Katelyn's exclusion was entirely appropriate in the circumstances and not based upon her disability, but her behaviour"..........is it just me but wasn't her behaviour caused by her disability???

:) First thought that ran through my mind too!

Hurrah for IPSEA and SENDist