TheNeil

Should We Show Them How It's Done?

Apologies for sounding daft....what Waterstones are we meeting at...... :wacko::wacko: I've been skimming thru the posts in blissful ignorance, and now it's nearly Saturday :huh: I remember reading something about standing at the momument and looking down a bank........also unsure if we've decided where to eat as yet.......

Think I'll have to go back to beginning of topic and start again....... :hypno::hypno::hypno:

Don't worry BP - I have been keeping track of the posts...and I still don't know where we're meeting up. :lol:

As far as I know it's the Waterstones that's down the bank (as you look down from the Monument) and NOT the one that's next to Fenwicks (I seem to remember that there's a road between that one and the monument itself - the one that we're supposed to be meeting at doesn't have a road between it and the monument). As for eating then as there's only six of us then I don't think we'll need to book a restaurant or anything...or am I being naive and stupid?

And, if anyone cares, I have finally decided on my wardrobe for the day and will be wearing jeans (blue), a black jumper and a blue outdoor pursuits type jacket (with black arms). Just look for a spiky haired man who looks like he's about to kill someone.

Edited by TheNeil

That particular Waterstones has two doors. I suggest we meet at the one nearest the monument, next to the cash machines. The other door (further down the bank) is across the street to Lloyds Bank.

Getting excited now! Just got to train dh on getting J to karate class in the afternoon :unsure:

See you all then.

Karen

x

That particular Waterstones has two doors.

Nooooooo............I'm just going to look for SV's hat and hope for the best........ :lol::lol::lol: DH asked today what time we are meeting everyone and where. I told him Waterstones, but there are two. So, he says, which one are we meeting at....I looked abit vague...and then vacant......erm, dunno, got to stand at the Monument and look down a bank......DH eyes me suspiciously......how will we know who's who he asks.....erm, someone is wearing a brown hat, and someone may have pink hair....Oh and TN will look stressed with spikey hair........DH looks worried :lol::lol::lol:

TN, ta for the info, sure it will all be fine........I'm going to repeat it like a mantra........ :lol::lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

Hi Bagpuss,

If you get to the monument, look down the bank, a tiny little way down, to your left you'll see a row of cash machines. Next to there is the Waterstones that we are meeting at. The door is on the corner of the building and easy to spot. I expect we'll all hang about there.

Everyone,

Is everyone ok if we take pot luck with a place to eat then. I'm happy to book if need be (just not sure where or what time!)

Well done Neil for organising so far. Thanks for the pm with details, you're doing a great job.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all - shame Emily cant make it :(

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be wearing a black coat, brown cord (baker boy type) hat, brown trousers. I've got dark brown curly shoulder length hair, wear glasses...................................................................

and am a vision to behold :lol::P you will recognise me straight away because I'm the most beautifullest woman in the north east..........no I mean in Great Britain.......no no no I mean the World!!

Only kidding I'm a bit plain really :(

SV

Edited by something vague

ring ring, ring ring, ring ring...............

Hello?

Erm this is SV, Is that Bagpuss?

Yes!

Errrm, Are you standing right next to me?

I think so.

Oh good, right thanks :D

Ring ring, ring ring, ring ring ...............

Hello?

Erm this is SV, Is that Brooke?

Yes

Are you standing next to Bagpuss?

Erm I think so

Oh good, right thanks :D

Ring ring..........................Oh you get the picture :wacko:

SV

Well done Neil for organising so far. Thanks for the pm with details, you're doing a great job.

The words 'brewery', 'organise', '<a rude word about wee>-up', and 'couldn't' spring to mind. :wacko:

Just to prepare those who are going (and to intrigue those who aren't) it's going to be a complete disaster and we're probably all going to die. :crying:

There's optimism for you.

Hope one of you's guys remembers the camera... want to see a linkyplinkymeetupthing on the forum (or in PM box) sometime soon...

Have a great meet, and how interlekchewal intelletteral intra.... clever you must all be to meet up in a book shop!

L&P

BD :D

Hope one of you's guys remembers the camera... want to see a linkyplinkymeetupthing on the forum (or in PM box) sometime soon...

Have a great meet, and how interlekchewal intelletteral intra.... clever you must all be to meet up in a book shop!

L&P

LOL I might remember my camera..but you know me I cant do pinklinkythings. I've just learned how to download pics from the camera!

We could use one of the pics for the caption compo but I wont be on it....well someone has to take the photos!

A bookshop seems like a better option than a huge column if you think of it like that :o

SV

Not the seaside, so I can't say 'Bring me back a stick of rock!' A new copy of SM's 'puckoon', maybe? My old ones falling to bits!

Have a good meet up - hope it's not too windy...

L&P

Well, what a bunch of dodgy weirdos! I'm not doing that again!

Nah, seriously, we've had a fab time and got on great. Had a lovely lunch and a couple of drinks, moaned about 'the powers that be', had a few laughs and came home. Really looking forward to doing it again - all welcome if you want to join us!

Haven't time to write more, J's ready for Star Wars Monopoly so I'd better go and set it up.

Karen

x

PS: Three Cheers to TheNeil for kicking our bottoms and getting the thing arranged. Well done that chap.

Yup, thanks TN :D

Really lovely to meet you all and hope everyone had a safe journey home

Take care

Oh TN...DH has said if ever you fancy coming along to see the Boro let him know ;)

Edited by Bagpuss

Yes the meetup was very successful. It was lovely too meet you all and know that your not just a figment of my imagination.............NOOO my imagination could not have dreamed up such a scary wierd lovely bunch of people :lol:

I'm looking forward to the next time :D

Thanks TN and contrary to what you said you ARE organising the next one :lol:

SV

Thanks TN and contrary to what you said you ARE organising the next one :lol:

But I'm still recovering from this one. :crying: (:lol:)

It was good to see everyone though and I just hope everybody had a good time, got out of it what they wanted etc. For me the fact that no-one died, there were no arrests and no punch-ups was the big thing.

I shall now return to lying on the floor in the recovery position, breathing deeply and concentrating on the word 'relax' :wacko:

Oh TN...DH has said if ever you fancy coming along to see the Boro let him know ;)

If he can get tickets then I might be interested. Whether he'd be able to stand it though is another matter :lol:

Yes me too I had a lovely time really nice to meet everyone and put faces to names :lol::D:D

Brooke

Yes - it makes us all easier to avoid in the future :lol:

we tried to take photos at our seaside meet up but no one else could fit in the photo cos someone with a large head kept getting in the way so we gave up :P:P:D

did you go for something to eat when you met up?did any of your children go?come on,details please!!!

we tried to take photos at our seaside meet up but no one else could fit in the photo cos someone with a large head kept getting in the way so we gave up :P:P:D

did you go for something to eat when you met up?did any of your children go?come on,details please!!!

Hi Hev,

We went to Frankie and Benny's Amercain Diner - dont know if you have them in your neck of the woods - it sells pizzas, burgers, steaks and yummy Caesar salads...........and plays awful music (Frank Sinatra big band stuff and some sixties stuff too.) They were kind and turned it down a little when I asked.

We didnt bring any children but I got to meet Karen Ts little boy when it was time to go. He's lovely and he introduced me to their car which is apparently called 'Rubbish!' :lol:

Oh and I got to see photos of Bagpuss's lovely family. Unfortunately TN forgot to bring photos of his GPs and they were to big to bring along in his pockets :tearful:

SV

BTW you're going to get yourself banned making comments about someones bighead :o

Oh dear, Hev... :shame:

He was only saying the other day what a wonderful, kind, warm-hearted person he thought you were when we met up at HB... :devil::devil:

Boho :lol::dance:

Hi Hev,

We went to Frankie and Benny's Amercain Diner

'Frankie and Benny's' probably works stateside, but when your waiter's accent is New - castle rather than New - York you're on a hiding to nothing!

Just think Frankie (howard) and Benny (hill) and have a good laugh instead :D

'N'as for all those 'bighead' jibes - water off a duck's back! I used to be bigheaded, but now I'm perfect ;)

L&P

Glad you all had a good time. :dance:

I think there's a Frankie and Benny's near me but I haven't been there. :huh:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

...but now I'm perfect ;)

Like all us blokes are :devil:

The Frankie&Benny's experience was, for me anyway, ruined by it being someone's birthday (none of us I hasten to add) and Cliff Richard's 'Congratulations' being played - I could have died :lol:

The food was lovely and DH and I are going to visit the one here soon :D Although DH will have to take full responsbility for forcing me to eat a pudding with a zillion WW points in :lol::lol::lol: Sorry Hev, he lead me astray....honest :whistle::lol:

No piccies necessary.....my avatar is so life like.....the only difference was that I actually managed to get dressed that day :ph34r: ...........although we did forget where we had parked the car and left our shopping in Frankie and Bennys.....hey ho...... :wacko::rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss